Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Gah! *bangs head on table* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight the movie--What do you think about it?
  Yay
  Nay
View Results

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:35 pm
stressed Twilight the movie is so much tata! It's so poorly made and cheesy that I think the cast and director should all be led off and put to stand in front of a firing squad! I'm so pissed! It was promising to be the coolest movie of the year and now it turns out, it's the biggest pile of rubbish out there! scream

*whew* Thank you for allowing me to vent whee

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:00 pm
I like nonsense...

I personally found the movie and the book series overrated.
My sister though, who loved the books said something like "You can create much sexier people in your own imagination than the movie cast." She hated the movie... and was glad she didn't have to pay for the tickets ^_^

...it wakes up the brain cells.

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PimpCentric

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:37 pm
I don't want to and probably won't read the books OR watch the movie. The reason for this being because Twilight is such 'the thing' and everyone loves it sooooo much. It seems a little ridiculous to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:47 pm
I thought it was pretty lame.
And didn't follow many vampire legends at all. Like, he's IN THE SUN! WTF? geez..
And the fact that it's just some gay love story was soooooo dumb.
And also, I think there was just sooo high expectations for it, that ppl (like me) thought it would be such a great movie, then go to see it....
and find out it's crap.
I didn't like it. I preffer the books.  

Kimora-Nyanu

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:32 am
sweatdrop I only saw like 10 minutes of it. I was laughing and making fun it though. Like, oh my gawd you toadally can't tell that are vampires. xD

It was funny. But, I still want to read the book.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:57 am
Personally, I think that the people that you can imagine are way hotter than the people that they chose to play the parts. Why in the world did they get an Edward that was so blah looking? AND BELLA? Don't make me laugh... Bella was OMG in my head, but they got the blandest looking girl for that part. Yeah... What the heck?

As for the movie, I haven't seen it yet... and if everybody says that it is as bad, then it probably isn't worth my time either...  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:59 am
Well you will always get disappointed when you read a book, and it is made into a movie.

Like - - City of Ember. Great book. Movie was like that's not what I read!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:14 am
I like nonsense...

Or Ella Enchanted. I loved the author growing up. It was such a great book.
Then I watched the movie... They made it in to... something horrid! It was a butchered teeny-bopper wanna be musical!

...it wakes up the brain cells.

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:32 am
It was a book? o.o gasp! I must go read it now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:45 am
I don't like the movie, it was an insult to the fans (the real fans ((book readers)) I think all this promotion is all crap. I liked the movie in the baseball part and so on. but it sucked burning_eyes

it was a comedy! the book is very serious and more romantic, they eliminated all the quotes like

"bring on the shackles , I'm your prisioner"

and the most famous of them all

"stupid shinny volvo owner"

evil evil evil  

Xio_Marie

Versatile Lunatic

Xio_Marie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:49 am
Dark Sheena-Gaara-Neji
I thought it was pretty lame.
And didn't follow many vampire legends at all. Like, he's IN THE SUN! WTF? geez..
And the fact that it's just some gay love story was soooooo dumb.
And also, I think there was just sooo high expectations for it, that ppl (like me) thought it would be such a great movie, then go to see it....
and find out it's crap.
I didn't like it. I preffer the books.

yes, when I started Twilight I was like "okay, this is not following any at all of the vampire legends" it was disapointing, but then I notice it was a good thing. it broke all the cliches and came up with different and modern vampires. don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE fan of 17 century vampires,rococo and Victorian times <3

I guess those vampires are an impactig way of a writer to expand her imagination to something new.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:22 pm
I heard the books were overly dramatic. XD

I don't intend to see the movie.  

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:24 pm
Book: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!
Movie: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIING!

I don't know why girls think that the guy is hot. scream  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:41 pm
Nems`
sweatdrop I only saw like 10 minutes of it. I was laughing and making fun it though. Like, oh my gawd you toadally can't tell that are vampires. xD

It was funny. But, I still want to read the book.

Well the reason they dont LOOK like those HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES, is because,well the CULLEN VAMPIRES ARE NOT, I REAPEAT NOT, HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scream gonk  

Sushi-Ninjas

Psychicmind

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:52 pm
I heard somewhere that Vampires don't actually die in sunlight.

I'm not going to bother with Twilight. It's one of those fads that will die in a month or so.  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games