Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
very annoyed...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feel the same?
  yes
  no
View Results

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:05 pm
i'm a little annoyed at someone on here who apparently didn't read the rules and is constantly posting in old threads and has completely polluted the main forum.

sigh stare  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:07 pm
If you see some one not fallowing the rules, just send a note to any mod, telling what you saw, and a link to the thread, and we will take care of it 3nodding

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:22 pm
(since I could not pm you back, due to the friends only pm's...)
Its being delt with. Thank you tons for your help!
Feel free to pm me any other time you see someone breaking the rules.
3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:07 am
and now there shouldn't be any pm problems  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:54 am
Necroposting isn't always bad.

I say, as long as you're actually adding something to the topic discussion, as long as it's not something downright irrelevant, such as "lol" or " mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen " (Which is spam, so it shouldn't be allowed anyways) But if there's a relevant topic, such as "post your picture" It's much better to bring that back if it's buried beneath four pages of topics rather than make a new one. Now if it was some news that happened three months ago and wasn't very interesting at all, then that would be pretty dumb, unless it was one helluva good post. Which is unlikely, knowing most people on the internet nowadays.

But yeah. Bottom line is necroposting isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, and I think it's ridiculous to say "No necroposting, if you wanna post in the topic and it's over a month old, then just make a new topic" is outrageously stupid. (Because that's a rule on this one forum I go to on occasion -_-)

Yup.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:05 am
I like nonsense...

Most of them are irrelevant... And the few that actually pertain to the topic at hand, the topic is just... not anything anyways. "How was your day?" 8 months after it has not been posted in, getting pulled up to the first page for a "fine" is annoying. 99% of the cases I have seen I would call bad.
But yes, there is a rare occasion of someone actually having something to contribute to a thread, it may be worth bringing back up.
However you also must realize that most likely the people that wrote the thread in the first place, are no longer active in the guild... Why not just make a new one in such a case? You can always link to the old one, or quote the parts you are trying to emphasis.

...it wakes up the brain cells.

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:23 pm
Yogurt0Man
Necroposting isn't always bad.

I say, as long as you're actually adding something to the topic discussion, as long as it's not something downright irrelevant, such as "lol" or " mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen " (Which is spam, so it shouldn't be allowed anyways) But if there's a relevant topic, such as "post your picture" It's much better to bring that back if it's buried beneath four pages of topics rather than make a new one. Now if it was some news that happened three months ago and wasn't very interesting at all, then that would be pretty dumb, unless it was one helluva good post. Which is unlikely, knowing most people on the internet nowadays.

But yeah. Bottom line is necroposting isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, and I think it's ridiculous to say "No necroposting, if you wanna post in the topic and it's over a month old, then just make a new topic" is outrageously stupid. (Because that's a rule on this one forum I go to on occasion -_-)

Yup.

I agree with you, Yogi. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:21 pm
I agree with Song. 9/10 times what is brought back up is not relivent anymore, and the last bit of the time its just as useful to make a new thread as to pull up a very old one.  

Lunar-Blossoms

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games