Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
I seriously need to move! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Let me out of my lease!
  >.>
View Results

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:59 pm
>.> About a year ago, within walking distance two children 11 and 16 were shot in the legs through the sliding glass door while they were in the kitchen. Neither were killed but they were hurt badly.
While they were not the target, (someone else in the house was) the fact still remained that it was close. Its scary to have something like that happen close!
Anyways!
Tuesday morning...
A 18 year old girl was alone at home, And some guy burst into her house though the back door she had thought was locked, and held her hostage. She is 7 months pregnant.
She got away fine but...
The thing is...
Its in my apartments!
I can see the girls apartment from my window!!!
I wish I didnt have a lease >.> I want to move. Now.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:34 am
Wow, you must live in a terrible neighborhood. What happened to the good ole days when people could walk around after dark with no fear.  

LadyDamien

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:02 am
Thats just the thing... I really dont. I mean its not the suburb community scene, but its just a typical place. I live on a nice quiet street. My apartments are quiet and well kept. We picked this place because it seemed safe.
After we signed a two year lease, everything bad started happening >.>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:38 am
gonk Holy ... crap. Man, that is scary!

Maybe someone was stalking her..

What happens if you break a lease?

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:51 am
She said she had never met him before. He was wandering around all day looking into apartments I guess (other complexes than mine). Some freak. The cops were looking for him for stealing stuff from the mall near here, he got away from someone chasing him, and turned up here 2 hours later or something like that. She texted her mom while he was not noticing and told her to call the cops.

Here I have to pay either 5,000 dollars or whatever is left of the rent for the duration of my lease. Whichever is less.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:59 am
Oh, shh.. !!

Is this the first time someone has gotten into that complex? Because if it has happened more than you really need to get out.

You have to pay everything in full?  

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:06 am
Ya I have never had any problems here before. Its a higher end apartment. Was so hard to get into. They dont take payments on anything >.>
I am so scared... that poor girl! Home alone pregnant with some feak in her house. I am amazed she didnt go into premature labor or something!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:29 am
Gasp! They don't trust ya'll wont pay.. hmm..

That was the thought that went through my head.. .
It is really scary.

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:32 am
*goes to check for the 20th time her door is locked*
So I went and asked the manager lady right, if I could install some new locks. (the chain kind and such) and she said no. I am not allowed to put on any locks that cannot be opened from the outside.
Even after what happened! >.> She don't care if someone gets killed. Nope. Just that she can get into my door.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:39 am
What the ... If anything it would have been great on her part to install a security system to get inside the building.

But, then, think about it on her part. What if something bad happens and she needs to get inside?

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:45 am
I would gladly pay extra every month to get a gate installed...
>.> There is a sliding glass door to every apartment leading outside. In case of an emergency, bust it. There are windows and all sorts of ways in if needed...
I just need to get out of here... and rent a nice house... in a nice neighborhood... with security doors and windows >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:58 am
Houses are fun. I like being in apartments, the people you met can be so nice. I'm about to cry.. We left some really nice folk to come to an unwelcoming crowd.

If you can do that, do it. A nice neighborhood would sound nice, but doesn't mean it is at most safe.

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:02 am
Most of the apartments I have lived in have weirdos in them... sweatdrop
We have been looking at houses for a while. We decided now was not the time to try and buy one (we are still young gonk ) but next summer our lease runs out...
And my boyfriends dream is for me to have a baby from him... Be all fat and swollen... and then a kid with a yard to play in growing up. (he was raised in apartments like I was) We still have to talk about that though stare I dont think I am ready.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:19 am
I lived in apartments most of my remaining life. Moved three times to apartments. They were cool. But, you know we were getting older and HUGE, so we needed more space. >.
Why where they weirdos?

You could be too young, if you don't feel like are then just listen to your guts. You really have to think about the baby and make sure you will have a good father for the youngies.

I went through my baby phase when I was 17. I'm like they are so cute. I want one. Then, some stuff happened, and now it is like no way.

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:25 am
There was always... scummy people. No matter how nice the apartment, there was always people that let their kids run crazy, and had people coming in and out of their apartment at all hours. Parties late at night...
Everywhere, every single one I have lived in.
I love babies, I work with babies all day. I know how to handle them. I feel prepared for having one, but... right now, I have a way out if I get to stressed out. Having my own... I really dont. Its a lifetime commitment. And it will bind me to my boyfriend forever. I want our relationship to grow and mature more before I will even think about it..

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games