Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
How was your Christmas? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you?
Very good
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Good
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Alright
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Bad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Very bad
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

arya25 25 25

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:17 pm
Well Christmas day is nearing a close, how was your Christmas day?

If you don't celebrate Christmas, please tell me how your paricular holiday was! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:50 pm
^^ It went great. Had to work though, but it wasn't that bad.

I got really wanted things. Like a coat. haha. I been using my brothers stinky jacket. I'm Hispanic so yesterday was our day.

Today, was cool. My brother gave me t-shirts from Death Note, and a bag. The only thing they didn't get my size right, I'm four sizes smaller than the size they got me. So, now I am going to wear em as my jammies.

And, amazingly the necklace my sister got me hasn't made me itch. Hooray!

Nemsy

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:06 pm
It was.. ehh.. okay I suppose.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:34 am
Nems`
My brother gave me t-shirts from Death Note, and a bag. The only thing they didn't get my size right, I'm four sizes smaller than the size they got me. So, now I am going to wear em as my jammies.

Ha good idea to use them as jammies! biggrin  

arya25 25 25

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:44 pm
I had an amazing Christmas. I'm not living with my parents anymore so I wasn't able to be with my family on Christmas (I live in a different state now). But me and my boyfriend Will went to his friend Dan's house for Christmas. His parents are soooo nice and they're from England too so they have accents and everything. They were tons of fun to talk to and we were joking around and laughing all through dinner. I got to try different types of British foods and deserts. Some of them were very, very yummy. The mince pie was especially yummy, and I even have a recipe in a cookbook for it so I could even make it for desert for myself if I ever want to. 3nodding

And we also did this British Christmas tradition where you open Christmas crackers. Here's a link to a picture of them: http://www.utterlycrackers.co.nz/images/xmas.jpg

You and another person pull on each end, and whoever gets the biggest half when it pops open wins the prize inside. It's a silly little toy (I got a tiny maraca) and it also has a joke inside and a paper crown that we all had to wear during dinner. It was a lot of fun, and a much different experience from the usual American Christmases I've had, so I really enjoyed it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:26 pm
daft alchemist
I had an amazing Christmas. I'm not living with my parents anymore so I wasn't able to be with my family on Christmas (I live in a different state now). But me and my boyfriend Will went to his friend Dan's house for Christmas. His parents are soooo nice and they're from England too so they have accents and everything. They were tons of fun to talk to and we were joking around and laughing all through dinner. I got to try different types of British foods and deserts. Some of them were very, very yummy. The mince pie was especially yummy, and I even have a recipe in a cookbook for it so I could even make it for desert for myself if I ever want to. 3nodding

And we also did this British Christmas tradition where you open Christmas crackers. Here's a link to a picture of them: http://www.utterlycrackers.co.nz/images/xmas.jpg

You and another person pull on each end, and whoever gets the biggest half when it pops open wins the prize inside. It's a silly little toy (I got a tiny maraca) and it also has a joke inside and a paper crown that we all had to wear during dinner. It was a lot of fun, and a much different experience from the usual American Christmases I've had, so I really enjoyed it. biggrin

Wow that sounds really fun! What exactly does a mince pie have inside of it? I would of heart to have those cracker thingys @ my X-mas all of my family would of had SO much fun with them! biggrin  

arya25 25 25

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:49 pm
Wikipedia says:

Quote:
A mince pie (sometimes also minced, minced meat, or mincemeat pie) is a British festive sweet pastry, traditionally consumed during the Christmas and New Year period. Mince pies normally have a pastry top, but versions may also be found without the top in which case they are known as mince tarts. Mince pies are filled with mincemeat – a preserve typically containing apple, dried fruits such as raisins and sultanas, spices, and either suet or vegetable shortening.

It's very delicious. Dan's mom made them into little individual ones that were more like pie cupcakes. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:04 pm
well I had to work Christmas morning...so ill leave it at that

other than that though it was alright, I just wish I got to spend a little more time with my boy...  

Lunar-moonshine

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100

anatan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:55 am
wana know wot i did ?
i did this :
eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat &eat

so ...

...happy hollydays  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:58 am
Everything was good except the traffic 3nodding  

Jesm

6,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:41 am
My Christmas was great! I got a stylish brown Southpole shirt, a stylish brown Southpole hoodie, a very stylish jacket, and 'The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian' DVD!

It was even better than that, though! Everybody seemed to be sincerely happy about what I got for them! Good times, good time...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:18 am
daft alchemist
Wikipedia says:

Quote:
A mince pie (sometimes also minced, minced meat, or mincemeat pie) is a British festive sweet pastry, traditionally consumed during the Christmas and New Year period. Mince pies normally have a pastry top, but versions may also be found without the top in which case they are known as mince tarts. Mince pies are filled with mincemeat – a preserve typically containing apple, dried fruits such as raisins and sultanas, spices, and either suet or vegetable shortening.

It's very delicious. Dan's mom made them into little individual ones that were more like pie cupcakes. 3nodding

Mmmmm... pie cupcakes!
And you gotta love wikipedia! biggrin  

arya25 25 25

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:26 am
My Christmas was great,I even gotten what I wanted.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:28 am
Horrible! My parents got me little kid stuff..... *shivers*  

Sushi-Ninjas

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:44 pm
I am soooo full!!!
4 family gatherings... One of which... well my aunt is a chef!!!
I am going to be full till the new year!  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games