Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
B-List Movies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:55 pm
I've just been loving trashy cheap crap lately... and not even crap... its their own genre... like any genre there are good ones and bad ones. I mean the most popular ones are probably Evil Dead 1 and 2 as well as Army of Darkness. But my favorite is definitely Killer Klowns From Outer Space and I am catching the "avian flu" from Lloyd Kaufmans Poultrygeist... honestly these movies have so much personality behind them and thats what draws me to them more than a high budgeted blockbuster. I dunno if any of you have this appreciation for cheap trash that I do... but you should open your mind to them and just have fun with em... anyways if you have any good B movies I would like to hear about them... I have so many more I could talk about.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:29 pm
Oh, I love The Evil Dead! I'm trying to find a good copy of The Evil Dead 2 online (free or for sale lol) because I hear it's much better than the first.

But I can't think of any other campy movies that I like. Rocky Horror, I suppose, but nothing else. sweatdrop  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

DeathByCelery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:44 pm
Those campy movies always make me laugh! I watched a movie called Rodentz (I think that was the title. I can't remember for sure) that was about these lab rats who were injected with some kind of radioactive liquid that made them super strong. As if no one saw this coming, they broke out of their cages and started attacking some snooping teenagers. The thing that really made the movie though was at the end. Somehow, one of the rats was supersized. So this "giant rat" is attacking people. It basically looked like a guy in a beat-up rat mascot costume. Anyways, the giant rat ended up getting lit on fire, so it was just running up and down the street, on two legs and all. xd Good for laughs, but other than that it wasn't very good at all. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:46 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Oh, I love The Evil Dead! I'm trying to find a good copy of The Evil Dead 2 online (free or for sale lol) because I hear it's much better than the first.

But I can't think of any other campy movies that I like. Rocky Horror, I suppose, but nothing else. sweatdrop

Evil Dead 2 is a lot better than Evil Dead... and Army of Darkness is even better than Evil Dead 2.  

Misfit_the

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:49 pm
DeathByCelery
Those campy movies always make me laugh! I watched a movie called Rodentz (I think that was the title. I can't remember for sure) that was about these lab rats who were injected with some kind of radioactive liquid that made them super strong. As if no one saw this coming, they broke out of their cages and started attacking some snooping teenagers. The thing that really made the movie though was at the end. Somehow, one of the rats was supersized. So this "giant rat" is attacking people. It basically looked like a guy in a beat-up rat mascot costume. Anyways, the giant rat ended up getting lit on fire, so it was just running up and down the street, on two legs and all. xd Good for laughs, but other than that it wasn't very good at all. lol

I have never heard of that one... but sounds like some trashy goodness lol... my favorite type of low budget B movies are definitely the zombie movies... I've watched a few interesting ones lately like Dance of the Dead which was brilliant and slightly less good but still meh quality Zombie Strippers.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:52 am
If you like stuff like that, you should try watching Mystery Science Theater 3000. It's about a guy and his robot friends that live in a satelite in space and watch bad B-movies as part of a scientific experiment. The plot is just there for comic relief mostly, but the premice of the show is about three guys sitting and ripping on bad movies. The show is awsome and I love it!

Being a fellow bad movie consour, I'd recommend a few movies that MST3K has not ripped on: Reptilicus (it's about a large, lime jello spitting lizard that attaks Copenhagen) and Invasion of the Saucermen (aliens with fingernails that inject alcohol into people, funny as hell.)

Enjoy.
IEditYourWorld  

IEditYourWorld

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:07 pm
IEditYourWorld
If you like stuff like that, you should try watching Mystery Science Theater 3000. It's about a guy and his robot friends that live in a satelite in space and watch bad B-movies as part of a scientific experiment. The plot is just there for comic relief mostly, but the premice of the show is about three guys sitting and ripping on bad movies. The show is awsome and I love it!

Being a fellow bad movie consour, I'd recommend a few movies that MST3K has not ripped on: Reptilicus (it's about a large, lime jello spitting lizard that attaks Copenhagen) and Invasion of the Saucermen (aliens with fingernails that inject alcohol into people, funny as hell.)

Enjoy.
IEditYourWorld

I have heard about Mystery Science Theater 3000, my English teacher suggested that I watch it... and well at work looking through the book of whats coming out, sometime in January there is the complete series of MST3K coming out... I think I may pick that up. Thanks for the recommendations I'll try to find them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:56 pm
Misfit_the
RedWhiteBlack

Evil Dead 2 is a lot better than Evil Dead... and Army of Darkness is even better than Evil Dead 2.

Well, I broke down and torrented the files one night.

However, I have to say that I still think The Evil Dead is the best of the three. The Evil Dead II goes much deeper and is way more fun, but Army of Darkness was slightly disappointing. I realize he was going more for slapstick than horror, but for me, it didn't work as well as the first two.

That being said, the reason I prefer The Evil Dead to either of the sequels is that despite of (or maybe because of) it's low budget, it manages to be legitimately terrifying. I liked how the spirits (I know there's a proper term, I just can't remember it!) only appeared on screen as the possessed, and how much more frightening the makeup was. In the sequels, the makeup on the possessed seems too polished; I preferred the nitty-gritty makeup. Also, I like how The Evil Dead took itself (somewhat) seriously, whereas the other two were in it mostly for the laughs. There's nothing wrong with a good comedy, but I'm a bigger fan of the Woody Allen style comedy than the slapstick spoof.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:43 pm
I've found you a real gem on youtube! Look for "The Princess and the Cobbler." It's kind of cute, but there's some points in the movie that remind me of Disney's Aladdin. I'm wondering if Disney got most of their ideas for Aladdin from this movie.

There are three versions of the movie from what I've found.

Part one of The Princess and the Cobbler (follow the additional parts from there):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyaxpeWllJY&feature=related

Part one of Arabian Knight (again, follow the additional parts from there):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doVCzB_byq4&feature=related

Part one of The Thief and the Cobbler, recobbled with deleted scenes (again, follow the additional parts from there):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgQy2I9NCS8&feature=PlayList&p=18B0CA620B61D076&index=0

If it's a bit confusing, let me know and I'll edit my post.

Enjoy.
IEditYourWorld  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:50 pm
The film's real name is "The Thief and the Cobbler". Never completed as was originally intended, unfortunately. "Arabian Night" is an atrocious re-cut from Miramax that totally shatters the tone of the film, and "The Princess and the Cobbler" is an even more atrocious international cut. If you can ever find "The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut", check it out. It's a fan-assembled cut of the film based on the original screenplay, completed with animatics and pencil tests, and the entire audio-track.  

GilAskan

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:10 pm
Quote:
The film's real name is "The Thief and the Cobbler". Never completed as was originally intended, unfortunately. "Arabian Night" is an atrocious re-cut from Miramax that totally shatters the tone of the film, and "The Princess and the Cobbler" is an even more atrocious international cut. If you can ever find "The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut", check it out. It's a fan-assembled cut of the film based on the original screenplay, completed with animatics and pencil tests, and the entire audio-track.

Actually, the last provided link is the Recobbled version.

I agree that Arabian Night is atrocious. I liked The Princess and the Cobbler better than Arabian Night because I like how the Thief character doesn't talk in that version. I think a silent thief is more funnier and reminds me of Buster Keaton, the silent movie comedian.

This movie had so much potential, and I do enjoy watching it because it's really cute. I just listed it because it's classified as a "bad movie" in some blogs and reviews. Since the topic is about "bad movies," I thought I'd mention it and post the three versions I found so that people can watch it and enjoy it for what it's worth.

I'll post more movies later.
IEditYourWorld  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:28 am
I still perfer El Mariachi The movie the movie was epic  

xTx Monty xTx

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:15 pm
I have found the motherload!

http://www.badmovies.org/

The awsome thing about this site is that not only does it suggest a wide variety of movies to watch, but it also includes some hilarious reviews. You can also post reviews yourself.

Enjoy yourself.
IEditYourWorld  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:31 am
HAMMER
:}!
When they were good they were very, very good but when they were bad they were awful - still for the most past always watchable.

Amicus had their moments :/.

KimberleyJane

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:44 am
anything by TROMA.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff