Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has that ever happened to you?
  Yes, and my sympathies
  Nope, but be careful from now on, okay?
  I don't use such face products on my face, except for soap.
View Results

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:13 pm
I got this new face cream and face wash for Christmas and they were working fine...until I realized that that they were drying out my skin. My face is now dry. And I mean, DRY! It's peeling and cracked....not to mention burning!!!!! I've stopped using them for a few days now, but my face is still tight and cracked and dry, though not as bad as before.

Oh, and on a totally different note, I will open the poll to my avi contest as soon as I can tomorrow, so last chance to join! burning_eyes rofl
dramallama Here's the link if anyone's interested: Giving away my wonderland or enchanted strings ^^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:19 pm
Hi stalker!!!

I had stuff like that once! Morning burst or something like that... had little orange beads in it... made my face crack and bleed >.>  

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:48 pm
Heheheheh. Looks like we're both stalking each other!

Your face cracked and bed? 0___0 Whoa! Morning burst's dangerous! I know which product it is cuz I saw it advertising on T.V. I was using a St. Ives face wash with micro beads in it with medication for acne. I've always used St. Ives' products in the past without incident. I dunno what could be wrong this time. I checked the expiry date before I bought it, so I know it's still good. Plus, my sis had been using it and nothing bad's happened to her yet. Maybe my face is just more sensitive that hers. I dunno. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:01 pm
I joined that other guild before you did ^.^ Joo is a stalker, not me
Ya, it was bad! Around my nose and the corners of my eyes cracked...
I have really sensitive skin though, so I understand why it happened.  

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:51 pm
Heheheh. Point taken. *attaches a minuscule tracking device to your head* If I'm stalking, better do it right! mrgreen

Yeah. Around my nose and eyes, as well as on my chin...that's where it hurts the most. It actually hurts to laugh! gonk Which is what I do all the time. I've been moisturizing alot too, but even my Mom's Oil of Olay cream which is so light and mild, affects me now. When I put it on, it's like putting on alcohol on my face. It burns and swells out for about 15 minutes, during which I have to run to stand under the A.C. unit or in front of a fan to keep it cool. Anything I put on my face produces that reaction. mad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
I think that you allergic to it. IDK

I thought that I was the stalker lol  

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:55 pm
*stare---stare---stare* You're nude! surprised *stares some more, but is not a pervert*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:58 pm
I switched to cetaphil face wash and moisturizer. Its really gentile. Gentile enough for babies. And the moisturizer does not make me all oily either. I love it!  

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:01 pm
Angry Kitsune
*stare---stare---stare* You're nude! surprised *stares some more, but is not a pervert*

I know right?
^vv^

@ Song: Really? That's cool ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:03 pm
Well, I tend to think that acne is caused by oily skin, so if you have a less oily face then you have fewer breakouts. It could be that the medicine in the newer product dries your skin out so much because its medicine is too strong for your skin.

Here is what I do with dry facial skin. I use moisturizer on my face. I use the same stuff that I use on my hands to moisturize my face. Who said that you couldn't use the same moisturizer on your face as you do on your hands? Of course, I don't know if using two different creams on your face might make you break out, so I don't know if you are going to want to try it without consulting somebody who has tried it before first.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:05 pm
A Song Is Born
I switched to cetaphil face wash and moisturizer. Its really gentile. Gentile enough for babies. And the moisturizer does not make me all oily either. I love it!

*writes down name of cream* Heyyyyy...I remembered one of my friends saying a long time ago that she also uses Cetaphil. A doctor told her about it and she's been using it since she was in high school. It's really helped her face out alot. surprised She has such crazy a sensitive skin that even hypoallergenic make-up causes her to break out in pimples and causes her skin to become flaky. Yeah. She has it bad.

Thanks for reminding me about it! heart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:10 pm
Sergeant JJ
Well, I tend to think that acne is caused by oily skin, so if you have a less oily face then you have fewer breakouts. It could be that the medicine in the newer product dries your skin out so much because its medicine is too strong for your skin.

Here is what I do with dry facial skin. I use moisturizer on my face. I use the same stuff that I use on my hands to moisturize my face. Who said that you couldn't use the same moisturizer on your face as you do on your hands? Of course, I don't know if using two different creams on your face might make you break out, so I don't know if you are going to want to try it without consulting somebody who has tried it before first.

There is a difference between body creams and face moisturizers, so be careful. surprised The skin on your face is much more thinner and more porous than the rest o your body, so using face creams is recommended over using heavier body creams. Cream made for your body is not recommended for use on the skin, usually. And everything I try right now, including body cream, irritates my skin. confused So I am staying indoors for a couple days and staying out of the sun, trying to keep my face free of stuff and just letting it breathe and heal on its own.

Thanks for the concern! ^^

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:00 pm
Angry Kitsune
*writes down name of cream* Heyyyyy...I remembered one of my friends saying a long time ago that she also uses Cetaphil. A doctor told her about it and she's been using it since she was in high school. It's really helped her face out alot. surprised She has such crazy a sensitive skin that even hypoallergenic make-up causes her to break out in pimples and causes her skin to become flaky. Yeah. She has it bad.

Thanks for reminding me about it! heart

That sounds like me! Make-up is okay with me, as long as I take it off within 6 hours... But its face washes that I have the problem with. They dry my skin out so badly. My skin cracks and hurts so badly! My doctor told me about that stuff... Its so sensitive. I mean... It feel like its working, while your washing your face, but it did make a huge difference for me ^.^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:12 pm
I'm an angry!

Stupid jigsaw puzzle!

I work on 3 puzzles and didn't give me any gold! TnT

All that for nothing.  

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:16 pm
I know! They are very glitchy right now... I worked on a insane on for hours... was so mad when it didn't work...  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games