Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Bleh! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The poll contest is still going, you know
  Bit of an advertisment stuck in here...
View Results

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:05 am
So, I am raising my nephew for a while. My cousin decided to move in with some annoying twit she met online and they moved out of state. While she is setting up a place for them I get him.
He is such a brat! He is almost two. In that... gimme stage. Mine! Mine!
And I can't help but feel bad for him. His mom... was willing to just toss him away for some man she has known for two weeks.
So thats why I have been not so active this past week. Getting a room for him, adjusting my lease to allow for him, baby-proofing the house. Not sleeping because the almost two year old still uses a bottle... an wakes constantly at night, trying to shove healthy food down his throat becuase he wont eat anything but fast food.
*sigh* He is making me crazy, but I know its not his fault. Its my darn cousins fault. She is neglecting this kid.
*bangs head into desk* Why wont he sleep!? EVER?!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:08 am
Aw, poor Song!

It's tough teaching a kid to ignore bad habits. I have to do it all the time to the 18-19 year old kids that join the Navy.

But at least they don't wake me up in the middle of the night! XD

LadyDamien

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:26 am
I think you got it worse Lady! With Mason, if I say no, an he throws a fit, I just ignore it, an he gets over it. Yours... well yours were most likely bigger than me. Mason cannot beat me up sweatdrop ...yet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:02 am
That does sound bad. You must rule with an iron fist!

Sorry, not good at making you feel better. *goes to her corner*

Join in on the 20k's Poll Making Contest!

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:05 am
I am trained to deal with kids... But... I usually get to have time off... Can say, "Whoops, my day is over! See you tomorrow!"
...Spoiled little brat. Wakes me up every five minutes saying "hungy!" all night. Then wont eat...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:10 am
What's that show? Nanny 911? xD Trained? ha. I laugh now. ha. ha. ha.

Listen all you have to do is lock him up in c age. ta-da!!

>.< Yes, don't listen to me, been up for too long, and no brain power.

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:31 am
I love that show!!! So funny!
I have a dog kennel, would that work? xp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:35 am
Have no idea what that is. ^^ Oh, made something for you. Found out scanner was unplugged. ha.

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:50 am
Its one of those little crates you put dogs in when they are being potty trained...
Eh never mind. Its full of blankets! To lazy anyways >.>
You are such a good artist!!! I luffs it!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:07 pm

Didn't know that that is what they was called. I just call them the cattleprob of doomsday. ahaha.

Aw. Thanks Song. u.u

Nemsy

Dreams of Nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:02 am
awww......
but things will get better!!
his lil and he will change!!
lil kids need to run off some energy than they get tierd n sleep!!!
^ ^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:07 am
Yeah, while it may be tough to do it, this would be the perfect opportunity to get some proper raising in on him, especially if he eats nothing but fast food. What kind of parent gives their kid nothing but crap food anyway? There are some things I cannot and never will understand about people. sweatdrop  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Chosan

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:20 pm
My sympathies. Frankly I'm no good with kids. It's been scientifically proven too when I was doing the fake baby project. Apparently it started crying around 3-4am and despite it being next to my bed I still didn't hear it. My parents had to come wake me before I realized and their room is on the other side of the house sweatdrop

Isn't it a bit early for a kid to be eating fast food when he's still being bottle fed?
Just a bit of advice I got in school was that if you feed kids at night, don't turn on the lights, or make too much of a commotion or it will become a habit for them to get up at night. Instead try to feed him before bed and deny any later request for food during the night to help him form a proper circadian rhythm.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:09 pm
Ok, I heard something from my cousin's husband that may be good for helping you raise a child. He told me that his dad raised him by the guidelines on a book called "How to Raise a German Shepherd". It seemed to do my cousin's husband a world of good and he still respects his dad's authority to this day. Maybe you should pick up the book and try to find more humane ways to put it's words into practice in this child's life.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:36 pm
He's at least "semi-intelligent", right?

Tell him he needs to stop waking up in the middle of the night, he gets only one bottle, which you should wean him off of, and never ever let him get his way. That only makes him think he can get his way more often.

I should raise kids. =D XD  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games