Total Votes : 47

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:29 am
I'm sad to say that I'm forced to give up my apartment. I can not afford to live here anymore and the end of February is my limit. My parents are thankfully allowing me to move back in with them. If only I didn't get laid off I would still be living here, but I was and with the economic downturn most of my savings is gone. I was trying to avoid this, but I can not any longer.

I feel like I'm stepping backwards by to this. I just can't live on my own anymore.
Maybe if I can get a better job I can that pays me at least 3k a month I would try again. However for now, I shall live with them until I can get my head above water and the way things are going that won't be for a very long time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:08 am
Wishing you luck in finding another job! 3nodding  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:41 am
Faerie KatrinaZ
Wishing you luck in finding another job! 3nodding
Thank you, the job I do have only pays me about $800/month and the apartment cost me $820/month. Needless to say I starting off in the red for my bills. Car, power,cable, cell phone, food, and credit card debt also need to be paid.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:33 pm
I do wish you the best of luck in getting a new job. It is basically an impossible task where I live to get a new job. It's much worse than I thought it would be originially. Again, best of luck and I'm glad you have a place to turn to.  

Niniann_Lockhart

mithrril

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:07 pm
Good luck finding a better job. I hope things start looking up. My husband and I were both laid off recently and the only reason we can stay in our apartment now is because my uncle lent me $5,000. If we don't find jobs soon we'll need to move back in with my mother...which will be less than great. Not to mention that I'm in a much better area to find jobs now, so I doubt I'll find anything if we move. The economy is really just terrible right now. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:59 pm
I wish you the best of luck... the economy is so awful right now and a lot of people are finding themselves struggling to pay rent and other bills. Hope you find a job with a real living wage soon.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:56 am
Sorry to hear this, and best of luck with the job hunt - but don't worry about moving back in with your parents... I think a lot of people are in the same situation; and after all, if you cannot rely on your family for help when things are tough, who can you rely on? Hubby and I live with my dad, and it works very well for all of us!

Good luck heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:13 am
Good luck finding a job. My job ends at the end of the month because they are combining facilities and so some people are being laid off. Yeah. Thankfully my husband has a job, but he will be supporting 6 people on his military salary. That doesn't go far.  

Creator Nan

akageoffrey

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:34 pm
Wow that's awful. I'm about to move into a new apartment myself, but i'm going to have 3 roomates. That's the only way we can afford it. The economoy is getting really scary. Hopefully things will turn out better for you soon!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:58 am
Nei1
I'm sad to say that I'm forced to give up my apartment. I can not afford to live here anymore and the end of February is my limit. My parents are thankfully allowing me to move back in with them. If only I didn't get laid off I would still be living here, but I was and with the economic downturn most of my savings is gone. I was trying to avoid this, but I can not any longer.

I feel like I'm stepping backwards by to this. I just can't live on my own anymore.
Maybe if I can get a better job I can that pays me at least 3k a month I would try again. However for now, I shall live with them until I can get my head above water and the way things are going that won't be for a very long time.

Wow.... losing a job always SUX.
Anyhow, don't feel bad about moving back with your folks.... I think that with the way things are you're gonna see a LOT more of that happening. Me and my hubby had to move back with MY Mum just to make a go of it, and it takes all three of our incomes to keep the house going and the bills paid.

*wishing you Bright Blessings and a new, GOOD job for the new year!*  

Venuslady

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:30 am
Hang in there Nei1. Life has a way of working out for the better after setbacks like that.

At least you have the option of moving back in with your parents. Many people in your situation end up in shelters.

No matter how bad things look at the time, always make sure to count your blessings and see the positive things you do have.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:26 am
Unfortunately you are one of millions who have lost your job, this has touched my family also. My son-in-law has worked for 25 years at the same company and they sold it and now the new owners have decided to close the plant. He's having a really hard time with this so we are continually praying for him to find a new job, but we live in Michigan and there's just not to many jobs around. We believe that if a door is closed then God will open a new and better one and He has, my son-in-law just interviewed for a new job in South Carolina, isn't that great. Not only is it warmer down there but it's a better job that he will be going to, should he decide to take it. So you hang in there, be thankful that you have loving parents that will let you come back home. I consider that a blessing because a lot of people don't have that. God Bless  

Miss Abigal of Lenox

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:38 am
I'm sorry about the loss of your job. Things are bad everywhere. Here in NYC, I'm still wondering how they think anyone can pay rent over 1000 at this point when people are losing jobs left and right. Contractors can't even finish building those "luxury" condos they're "buying up land" for.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:41 am
Aww... I hope you're able to find a new job. Jobs are getting scarce nowadays.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:37 am
*hugs* I'm sorry, but like everyone says, it's hard out there right now. Just don't give up!  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff