Total Votes : 28

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:46 pm
And as long as people are inexperienced, stupid, and/or charitable enough to pay their asking prices, they'll keep right on doing it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:00 pm
well i dont care about the mp the mp as been a bit high on certain items stressed if they pay it its ok with me teens are ruder then the people in this guild and i'd rather help a geezer in this guild then some rude/greedy teen.  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Wretched Soul
Crew

Shameless Hunter

1,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:32 pm
If they're not smart enough to see the store price listing and want to overpay, that's their problem. The ones that get me are the ones that comment my profile or PM me asking me to donate. I hate beggars. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:30 am
I'm fairly new, but I learned within the first two days to compare shop prices with the marketplace. I haven't figured out why people would play marketplace prices when they're higher than store prices.. excluding cans as I'm told that people buy them to make a tin hat or something that sells for 30,000 gold for about 5000 cans so I sell my cans in the marketplace.

And when people sell for lower in the marketplace at less than half of the shop's selling price, then it's a great time to go shopping, buy marketplace cheap price and resell in shop.

I figure it's kids who don't check the prices, new people, or somebody trying to make a fast profit or sale.

But it does pay to be a comparison shopper.  

Jashana

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 am
And. Marketplace is much more easier to use, search and browse than shops. Many people fall to that, buy the cheapest item on MP without taking notice that same bunch of pixels was lot cheaper at shop. It's mostly taking the gold away from careless or ignorant people, just as with real life.
Personally, I rather put my gold to stores than to give it to someone who's already collected a big horde of gold.

I prefer to sell my unwanted items bit cheaper than what they are at the shop. I mostly want to get rid of stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:50 am
Either way if you go through the market or go to the stores, gaia is trying to eat up our money.If you go to the stores then gaia takes away all the gold for the item you bought. Same thing goes to the market. The 2% market fee is also just a way to take gold away.

Gaia has realized that there is just too much gold floating around right now. They know that they need to equalize the gold around. So its better to buy of of someone else than to give the gold back to gaia. At least for now before they think of a trade fee or some other bull so they can take away gold.  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

Lucky Lass 38

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:02 am
Amarella Harte
I don't know which.

I checked the Egyptian Gold Bracelet in the market place today and the highest buy now price was 8,000 gold. The lowest was 4,864. It sells for 4,150 at the store.

Why would I buy it for more than I had too? This is what I'm thinking.

But then I looked up something else (I forget what) and the average buy price was 300 gold over the store price!

People are paying these prices? It says right there what it sells for at the store and what store it's at.

Is it just me or is this insane.

I noticed the same thing! This is why the country is in an economic meltdown! People just don't use their brains when it comes to money issues! And you know what? I don't feel sorry for them. Schools should mandate courses in personal finances since people won't make the effort to educate themselves on one of the most important issues in their lives...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 am
If you want a laugh, check out the prices for tickets...
the average price for 1 ticket sold in the marketplace for 3 gold. However, when these crazy kids (i hope it's the teens anyway) sell a group of tickets, the price shoots up to over 1000 gold per ticket in some cases!!

Personally, if an item is available in the stores, then that is where I buy it. And when it comes to selling stuff, I check both places before listing in order to get the best price.  

MotherMoo

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces