Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
I'm praying this is a joke.... Did Bush pardon Bin Laden?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Serious?
Yeah, Bush is an idiot.
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
No, can't be.
39%
 39%  [ 13 ]
I'm not really sure...
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Umm... can I have some poll gold? kkthxbai. :D
30%
 30%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 33

Lady_Niqui

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:05 am
Copied from an article by David Rees, Jan. 19th, 2009:

WASHINGTON, DC: In a stunning late-hour development, President George W. Bush has granted Osama bin Laden a pardon for the murder of more than 2,700 Americans in the fall of 2001.

"This kinda came out of nowhere," said a White House aide who requested anonymity. "I wouldn't have put bin Laden on the short list myself. On the other hand, maybe this is the president's way of finding closure. Because ... y'know ... he wasn't actually able to kill bin Laden, or capture him, or even keep him from making all those (expletive) videos. I mean, jeez, let's face it: Osama bin Laden is basically a one-man Netflix of cave movies."

The aide paused, then went on to say, "Can you believe this dude (Bush) was actually president for eight (expletive) years? What were we thinking? Seriously, what the (expletive) were we thinking?"

The aide began weeping quietly. "May God have mercy on me for my role in the unfathomable travesty that was the Bush administration."

Conservative columnist William Kristol insisted the pardon made sense.

"George W. Bush is a brilliant strategist. I'm sure he has a good reason for this pardon. I'll figure it out."

Kristol sucked his thumb for a few minutes, lost in thought. He was then distracted by a brightly colored piece of string.

A passerby, told of the bin Laden pardon, offered a possible explanation:

"Maybe Bush is trying to smoke him out. Wasn't that the plan?"

(Original link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-rees/breaking-bush-pardons-osa_b_159272.html)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:29 am
from the way the article is written, it is obviously a joke. Going to the website only further confirms it as it is a joke news website, similar to the onion.

It doesn't seem like something that would be too incredibly out of character for Bush to do, though... sadly enough sweatdrop

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:31 am
I agree with ThisEmptySoul. This is completely fake.

Though....I would not be surprised.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 pm
Where's the 'That's total BS' option?  

charamath

MojinR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:21 am
It's a joke but sounds dangerously plausible. About like the Ron White died thing going on a few years ago. Everyone was sure he was.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:29 pm
NO President Bush did not pardon Bin Laden  

Mystic12

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

metalmariogc

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:21 am
burning_eyes

That would be the most fail thing that idiot could possibly have done. But that is fake. Nice try.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 am
User Image

Huffington Post is not a joke website. It's a liberal politics news source and blog. This article was a satire and should have had a disclaimer of some sort posted, but it was not intended to be taken as truth.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:28 am
Satire seems to have worked against itself. Definitely not a bullseye, for it seem to be taken seriously. It proves though that anything stupid can be expected from Bush. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm
It's too bad that the Bush-bashing is still going on, especially when we are being presented with the fact that President Obama, in closing Guantanamo, has many enemy combatants to relocate----and is probably going to relocate them here in the United States, since no other countries want them, with full benefits----food stamps, medicaid, housing assistance, etc. It seems that fighting the United States may have been the most profitable move they ever made in their lives!

They were being held there for a reason, you know. And it's not too likely that their opinion of us has improved any over the past few years.  

sunsetsmile

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:47 pm
Well if Bush was behind 9/11 in the first place, it wouldn't matter much anyways.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:02 pm
It matters tremendously to me who my neighbors are.

As for Bush being behind 9-11------good grief.  

sunsetsmile

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:03 pm
User Image

I am honestly getting tired of hearing people complain about Obama already, since he hasn't even been in office for six months yet. He can't fix everything immediately; he has four years to do it, and he hasn't had time to do a good job or a bad job yet. Sheesh!

But more on the subject - I completely agree with the abolition of what was basically a legal torture facility, while I don't necessarily agree with the alternative that seems to have been chosen. Time will tell, I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:11 am
no way. but if bush did that, I would be: OMG, he's an idiot! the world is doomed!

but anyways, osma is in the whitehouse now, so let's hope things will become better.  

Tanith_4486

Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff