Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § Quests § Charities § Exchange
Everything you need to know about this sub... An more!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Remember to...
  ...add a poll to every thread
  ...Check out LadyD's poll making contest
View Results

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:25 pm
Welcome to the Quests // Charities // Exchange sub!

What belongs here?
This sub is intended to house your quest threads, shops (Items, Art, or Services), or charities.
What does not belong here?
Everything else!

Table of Contents
Post 1 - Introduction
Post 2 - Rules of this sub
Post 3 - Helpful tips for creating successful quest threads
Post 4 - Helpful tips on how to earn gold
Post 5 - List of lovely charities (Not necessarily in this guild)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:32 pm
Rules of this sub!

.:If you ever see any posts/threads you feel violate the rules or is out of place, please contact a Crew/VC/Captain:.

-Please do not advertise in any thread except your own. Please make sure that your threads are relevant to this subforum.
-Please do not beg for donations in others threads. Its just rude...
-While bumping is allowed, please note, that if you wish to bump continuity, there is a spam subforum as well.

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:43 pm
Helpful Tips for Questers!

If you make an effort into making your quest thread appealing, more people will want to help you. It doesn't have to be anything special, just organized, maybe adding some color to spice it up a bit.

Let people know what your questing for and why. List your donators so they know that you appreciate them. List where you are in your quest for gold and what the goal amount is. Using proper grammar and being polite always is a bonus as well.

When you bump your thread do not put in the stare or gonk/stress/yell emotes, or ask why people are not donating when you have only got to the second page. Nothing turns off a potential donator like your impatience and bad temper as you are bumping. Try to bump with patience and graciousness, knowing that everything you do in that thread tells the donator about how you are as a person.

If someone bumps your thread, despite if they donated to you or not, it is always nice to thank them. Maybe try and start a conversation with them? It looks good, and is the best type of bump you can get.

Patience is always a virtue. Especially while questing. If you are working for a more expensive item, it could take a while so be prepared.

Make your quest thread your own individual space. It should reflect you. However for a simple layout of how a quest thread could look, here is a basic frame.

POST 1
"Hi my name is Questy McQuester, welcome to my quest thread! I have been on gaia for such ans such amount of time, and here are some neat things about me!"
Post 2
.: This is my quest! :.
"I am working for...this... item.
I have $/$$$ towards it so far.
Completed quests are...
This for this price
This for this price"
Post 3
.: Donators! :.
"These kind people donated to me! Please do not spam them with begging. Its rude!"
~GaveMeAGift
Post 4
.: Banners :.
"Here are some banners I have to link to my quest. "

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:57 pm
Helpful tips on how to earn gold

.:There are many ways to earn gold, besides begging for donations. Here are some hints as to how to make money :.

-Play games. They give out money, and as you get better at them, you can get more.

-Post regularly. While it decreases as you go, you can still make a fair amount just by posting regularly.

-Do polls. Again while it decreases, you can make a pretty penny from polling. And you will never have to worry about finding them here right? wink

-Vote in the Arenas. Like the others it decreases, but it adds up.

-Keep a journal. Again, decreases, but it helps.

-Play the market. Basically, buying low and selling high. Here is a lovely guide to learning to play the market.

-Are you artistic? Open a shop! Be it an art shop, a tektek shop, or a graphics shop. Or any other you can come up with! People are willing to spend their money on such things. Its just up to you to welcome their orders.

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:02 pm
The List of Lovely Charities

.:This list is compiled of many charities, for when you need that extra boost in reaching your goal:.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
- Picking Up The Pixels is a charity made for accounts who have been hacked or scammed out of their items. If you have not been hacked or scammed, this is not the charity for you. However if you have, you will find a sympathetic ear, and a possibility of help getting back on your feet.

User Image
- The Butterfly Eyes Charity, while it is not a high dollar charity, it is a nice place with a friendly atmosphere. They help were they can, when they can. This charity is made to help anyone. They also host fun contests!

User Image
-Gaians Deserve Ice Cream Charity, is a simple, no nonsense charity, available to anyone. There is no trick in the application to get a donation, and a very nice atmosphere.

If you own a charity, and would like to have it advertised, please contact one of the staff of the guild.
If you own a charity listed, and would like it taken down, again please contact a staff member.
If you visit a link above, and notice the charity has closed, please inform us so we may take it down.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:46 pm
Reserved

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:47 pm
Reserved

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:48 pm
Reserved

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie