Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
I bet you have some pretty decent stories to tell 8) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Ya! This could be fun!
  Laaaame! *rolls eyes*
View Results

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:41 pm
Join in on the 20k's Poll Making Contest!

Post them here. blaugh Tell us your funniest, saddest, scariest (Whichever!) stories. I bet that some of us have some very interesting experiences that they can share. Like you, Sergeant JJ! Can you tell us about that ASCVP thingy? OwO

Here's mine. It's a bit on the funny side...in a lame kinda way. rolleyes You judge.

I was in my 2nd year of uni and we had to study the evolution of teeth and jaws in the animal kingdom. We were in the lab, drawing a number of specimens, which included a lion skull that the uni had received about 20 years ago from our national zoo. Anyway, each student had to draw the lion skull and include the teeth, but my bench couldn't see the teeth properly to draw them, so guess who volunteered to open the mouth of the heavy lion's skull? Why, none other than yours truly, of course! ^^ I have really small hands for a woman and so it was a bit of a task for me to pry open the jaws that had been wired shut. I managed to open it and was holding it with my hand totally inside the bottom jaw and between the lower canines. Someone shook the bench and the top jaw snapped shut, and I screamed. It hurt but my hand had narrowly escaped the deadly canines............... by a few millimetres! eek

After assessing that I wasn't cut, the lecturer laughed out loudly and announced to a class of 200-plus people, that the lion had been dead for 20-something years and yet it had still managed to bite me! sweatdrop The entire lab erupted in laughter and I was the talk of the entire Life Sciences building for the rest of the week. People still tease me about that incident a couple years later today. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm
Wow! That had to be a scary event for you to endure. You really have the choices of looking back at it and laughing or looking at it negatively.

Oh yeah, the test that I took was the ASVAB... and it's story is rather boring compared to your story. The ASVAB was pretty much to the military of America as the SATs are to the colleges of America. There is nothing glorious about them.

I do have interesting stories, though. Does anybody know of a Radio person that goes by the name of Delilah? I mowed her yard once! Does anybody know of a famous Christian recording artist by the name of KJ52? I believe that I may have inspired one of his songs. Yeah, those are some interesting stories... Would you like to hear them?  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:24 am
Taylor Swift came in to where I work. November 5th. And we're in the middle of nowhere. O_o I didn't even know it was her until she left. Heck, I didn't even know who she was or what she did until after she left. Which was annoying, since I would have asked for her autograph. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:11 am
Oh wow KIT! :[!
Me-- Let's see.. blank.. xD  

Nemsy

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:23 pm

@ Sarge arrow How did you get thrown in jail? 3nodding

@ Yogie arrow Who's Taylor Swift? sweatdrop And yeah, I guess I HAVE been living under a rock....

@ Nems` arrow xD Storytime! Tell us one about you and Shiro. Got anything funny?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:29 pm
You guys probobly won't know what I'm talking about, but in canada, there was this great show on the Canadian Broadcasting Center called Royal Canadian Air Farce. Its been around for 30 years, including its raido years. Its been a TV show since 1993-95... anywhooooo... One of the shows stars roger abbot, hung around the CBC for a while while the show was still on, and almost every time I was in the neighborhood, I saw him... must've been almost 10 times... Yeah, its not that funny, but every time I didn't have any paper for an autograph... mmhmm...  

Zeds

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:54 pm
Ok, I will tell all three of my stories. I know that you may even read any but the one about the Army, but I figure that I may as well tell the other two. I will tell the first one now.

The Day the World Exploded

It had long been my childhood dream to be a part of the military, though I wasn't sure which branch. I wanted to be able to live my life to serve something or somebody bigger than myself. I felt that it would be a pleasure to be able to lay down my life for something that I believed in. The thought doing something for a higher power seemed the greatest honor that I could have. Years after my childhood ended I was finally given the chance to sign up for something so great, but all of that was going to come crashing down sooner than I had hoped.

I woke up one morning after a long night of watching House on the TV and trying not to become too familiar with the other recruits who were going to take the tests the next morning. My first thought as I was waking was, "Couldn't this hotel have given me some flatter pillows and firmer beds so that I didn't wake up with this stiff neck and hurting back?" My second thoughts were, "I can't wait until the end of these physicals so that I can finally sign those papers, get out of my parents' house, and start paying them back for raising me... and so that I can finally be free from this life of nothing but boredom and confinement." My third thought was, "I hope breakfast isn't going to be as bland as the fish sandwich was last night."I went downstairs to eat... (fast forward about 30 minutes past the boring and bland breakfast.)

Then it was time to get on the bus and enjoy the ride to MEPS. The whole time on the bus everybody (including myself) was talking about how excited we were to be able to get this chance and how we were so glad that we made it this far. One person was talking about how they had scored such a high score that they were going to be able to start off a pay-grade higher than anybody else just starting out. I was talking about how I was going to try to get a job in construction, food service, or possibly even as a chaplain's assistant. I had chosen these jobs because I didn't want to leave my fiance or wife without somebody to live the rest of her life happily with, but I was excited about those jobs just the same.

After everybody had gotten a chance to show-off their thrill about being able to serve their country the bus arrived at the MEPS center for the physicals. It was early, but everybody was ready. We all finished getting off of the bus when out of the door of the MEPS center came rushing a military personnel who you would guess had tried and failed at becoming a drill-instructor. He started barking orders at all of us, and not one of us thought about questioning anything that he said. He, then, lead us inside... blah blah blah, I passed the hearing test, yadda yadda yadda...

Then we were all taken into a room with a projector in it. I didn't know what I was about to see. I thought that they were possibly going to show us the truth about what we were about to be getting ourselves into, but that wasn't it. I thought that there was a possibility that they were going to show us some of the harsh jobs in a more glorified manner that we were going to have to choose from when we got out of the physicals, but that wasn't what it was all about either. As it turned out, we were lead into this room to be informed about the price that would be paid if we had falsified any of our documents... and they specified this one medical document that I didn't remember seeing before. I decided to go through the folder just to make sure that I hadn't filled it out and forgotten about it and felt a bit of relief that I found it, but then I studied it and notice that it wasn't in my handwriting. I looked it over to see if they were at least filled out properly, and they weren't. I completely started to freak the heck out and then the guy who had greeted us so wondrously at the front door told us that if we would just come forward and explain what had happened that anyone who had falsified the documents would be let go without anything more than a warning. I hadn't falsified it, but somebody else had... and I didn't trust this offer as far as I could throw it. I felt completely trapped. I didn't know how I was going to be able to get out of this. I felt that even if I did tell what had happened to a courtroom that they were more likely to believe somebody who was a recruiter than somebody who had never served our country. I knew that I was screwed and I couldn't do anything about it. Then I thought about the other possibility... Maybe I could try to get through with this physical and pass it and never have anybody know that this document had been falsified... Yeah right! I have this one thing that can't be missed that would make medical papers not go unnoticed. I was screwed... I knew that I was screwed... I felt that somehow I had been setup... All that I could do would be raise my hand, walk out of the room, and see what happened. I raised my hand, felt sick to my stomach, walked out of the room carrying the weight of the world on my recently completely healed shoulder, and talked to the reject drill-instructor outside of the room. I explained everything to him the best that I could and he told me to go get this fixed and if I wanted to I could come back. I left with a disappointment that nobody has ever felt but me.

When I got back to the station I demanded to know what the heck had happened and where the heck my recruiter was. I wanted to go yell at my recruiter and possibly even strangle him until he had no more life in his body. I mean, no matter what, he should have known what was supposed to be required for somebody to sign up for the Army and should have given me that form. Even if he didn't forge the document, he was in charge of my folder and shouldn't have allowed anybody else to get near it. I didn't care whether it was his doing or not, I just wanted somebody to pay and my anger was pointed straight at him. But guess what... I was told by the head-honcho that my recruiter had taken the rest of that day off. I know that he knew that I was going to be going after him. I know that he knew that I wasn't going to stop until he was dead. He knew that it didn't matter how many of those guys from the station would have tried to hold me off of him, that I was still going to keep going until he had his GAME OVER. (Yeah, that was how badly that I wanted to be a part of the Army.)

Now, I am thinking about joining the Air Force. My ex was telling me that I should join. My friends at church said that I should join. Everybody seems to think that I should join the Air Force... Everyone except for my dad. My dad really doesn't trust anybody in the military with signing my life over (and to think, he was cool with it until Sergeant slaughtered my chances with the Army).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:46 am
Marines for the win. Semper Fi.

@Kitsune
She's some Country Singer. She's probably gonna become really famous someday. Who knows.  

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:09 am
It's still 5 by 5... but Semper Fi? I ask why.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:08 am
Yogurt0Man
Marines for the win. Semper Fi.

@Kitsune
She's some Country Singer. She's probably gonna become really famous someday. Who knows.

Isn't she already famous? She dated Joe Jonas. So she's already famous razz  

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:09 am
Sergeant JJ
.... Semper Fi? I ask why....

lol that rhymed xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:51 pm
Zeds
You guys probobly won't know what I'm talking about, but in canada, there was this great show on the Canadian Broadcasting Center called Royal Canadian Air Farce. Its been around for 30 years, including its raido years. Its been a TV show since 1993-95... anywhooooo... One of the shows stars roger abbot, hung around the CBC for a while while the show was still on, and almost every time I was in the neighborhood, I saw him... must've been almost 10 times... Yeah, its not that funny, but every time I didn't have any paper for an autograph... mmhmm...

Wow! Guess you weren't meant to have his autograph! burning_eyes Did you at least manage to get one picture with him? As proof for your friends? 3nodding

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:01 pm

@Sarge arrow Whoa! You are a very good story-teller! OwO You had me on the edge of my seat and feeling butterflies in my stomach for you when you had to 'fess up about that forged document that sooo wasn't your fault! Did you ever find out what became of that recruiter? Did you go back to find him?

I think that you should stop listening to what other people think and focus on what's important: what YOU think you should do with your life. After all, it IS your life and you alone has to live it. If you are a religious person (as I am), I think you should pray about it first and ask God to help you make the right decision. Whatever you decide, you know you have the support of your friends and family, and of course, your friends on Gaia. ^^

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:00 am
Wow Serg. I agree with Kit, you are a very good story teller. o.o!

Just go for the coast guard, or Marines like Yogurt Bear said.

Although I am not much for the military, I get selfish in not wanting a love one to go fight for a country.  

the banana peeler

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:19 pm
Kit. You wanted a story? Ha. Okay here we go.

When I was in high school, junior year, I hung with a group of 'bad influences'.

During lunch time, we would sit by the only window our school had opened in the whole entire building!

Not all of us had that lunch period by the way. . During that time we would throw away so much of our pathetic lunch meat out the window. Milk opened. Apples. Salad.

A girl we sat with said that she once she grabbed a tampon and dipped in cranberry juice and threw out to a woman passing by. o.o''

Anyway, one day after throwing all our lunch out the window, we decided to throw our tray and see if it would still be there when we got out of school.

So we grabbed the lunch tray and balanced it on the edge. Waited for a good time to throw it away with out the security guards seeing us do that.

We looked around for a good 20 minutes, and then ... POP! The lunch tray was out the window. We all laughed, as we all nervously looked at the security guards.

Not more than a minute had passed by, and different security guards flew in the lunch room.

'sss******t!' we all thought.

"run!!"

We all scattered around the lunch room looking for a seat. The security guards went to our table to see for themselves that something was indeed thrown away. Then they questioned everyone around that one table to see if they knew who was responsible.

No one said anything. (I didn't go to far from that table. So I heard what they were saying. ) They were saying 'We have these people on camera" .. but no one said anything.. They stayed there till the end of that lunch period. We all left. I was scared poopless, I didn't get in trouble that often and that was just stupid. >.

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games