A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
Congestive heart failure Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you care when you hear news of life-threatening ailments?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 23 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
I'm an emotionless pollwhore
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Venuslady

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:55 am
Hope she gets to feeling better! I have a heart conditon myself, so I know where she's coming from!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:32 pm
I know Congestive Heart Failure sounds ominous, but my doctor told me that it's more of a symptom, than a disease. It simply means that as you grow older your heart gets a little weaker and has more trouble processing fluids out of your body. A lot of people have it and don't know it. They put you on medication that makes you pee a lot, and you start to feel better pretty soon.

My husband had his 1st episode of it 21 years ago. He is still with me (whether I want him to be or not. smile ) So don't worry about this too much. It sounds a lot scarier than it is. The words "heart failure" does nothing to reassure anyone, and I wish they'd give it another name. Doctors, thinking themselves "god-like" creatures, have to make everything sound worse so they can "rescue" us. rolleyes

I'll say a prayer for you and your grandmother. I hope it helps. heart heart heart  

Refoya

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:32 am
crying crying I'm so sorry about your grandma but praise God for medications that work. I'm sure they put her on medication that will keep the fluids out of her body, just make sure she takes them. I to have this and I understand how she feels. It's hard just to walk sometimes because the fluids choke the breath out of you. I would also recommend prayer, helps a lot.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff