Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SarahlovesDavidH

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:16 am
The new US president. What are your thoughts?
User Image
I want to hear everyone else's views before I tell you mine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:01 pm
His plan to fix the economy sucks. I think the market should be free. The government shouldn't get involved.

I never thought he was going to get us out of the war. And even if we do get out of Iraq, we're going to Afganistan.

I do like that he's pro-choice, pro-gay rights, and all of that.

I can't stand how people are like, obsessed with him. The people in our school going down the halls screaming OBAMA! over and over again is so annoying.

On the day of his inauguration, we had to sit and watch the news for six straight periods. (Or at least I did.) So by the time he's about to swear in and make his speech, I was at lunch so it was too loud to hear anything he said for the first half of the speech and I didn't even see him swear in.

My AP Government teacher made/is making us write letters to Senators, Representitives, and Ed Rendell to try to get them to help us get Obama to come to our school when we graduate. Soon, he's going to make us write letters to Obama himself. We were in the local newspaper for it, too.  

eccentricanomaly

Midnight Phase

6,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:41 pm
Everybody in my school hates him because they know he'll probably take away our gun rights (and because Sarah Palin doesn't get to become our vice president which I could care less about ... from Alaska by the way) neutral

I think he has some good ideas, some of them not so much. I agree with pro-choice, but I don't agree with his views on guns (let alone any democrat's view on guns ...). But that's mainly a democrat/republican thing. I have nothing against him personally. I just don't agree with some of his views, but I think he is a better choice than McCain (I'm independent) ...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Well, McCain scared me.
Horribly.
D=
And Sarah Palin was like, the most scary thing EVA for me.

Obama has some issues I don't like, but he's better than Bush and he's better than McCain.

But I love him. He seems like a good guy with our interest in mind.

Fatgirl and Robin

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:07 pm
I too like that he's pro-choice and pro-gay. I think it's cool that he's getting us out of the war, though it probably won't last long.
I just hate how everybody's obsessed with him! I hear about him on these TV shows and they don't even say anything important about him, like what he's going to do to better our country. They're talking about the Obama's getting a pet dog for their kids, or putting in some $7,000 swing set at the White House, or what expensive Versace dress Michelle Obama wore this week. I don't freaking care!
Everybody has also been emphasizing on the fact that he's the first black man in office. This is just something that gets on my nerves because technically he's only half black. He's still half white. So there's still a white man in office. So until there's a 100% African American man in the White House I really don't see anything to throw a parade over.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
User ImageDogs Are Angels...

well he already lied to us about taking soldiers out of Iraq now hes sending even more.. oh well i didnt even want to vote for him even though i cant vote xd

...With FUR!!!User Image
User Image  

Cheetahs Wolf

Yerkzgirl316

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:57 pm
I did not vote for him.
I don't think he has nearly enough experience.
His whole cabinet members are all Ex-Clinton people.
Should have just voted for Hillary then.
He did join in a pretty big mess. But him not having enough experience..is not helping.

And he pretty much lied about the troops coming home. Some are coming home, yeah, but most are going over to Afghanistan now.
(Hopefully not my boyfriend)
He forgot to mention that part.
And some other things.

Buttttttt...everyone got hooked on that whole "change" thing.
Whatever.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can't vote yet.

But anyway, my views on Obama... At least it wasn't McCain. That dude's got a foot in the grave already and I'd be scared to death if Palin was our president. I'd move to Europe or Canada.

He has good ideas and bad ideas. I agree with taking away the right to bear arms. In Japan, only police can have guns. Gun crime would plummet. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." My a**. People use guns to kill people. Guns should only be wielded by police officers. That is my stand.

The economy. Yes, he has made a difference. Though small, he's made a difference. Look. Presidents can't clap their hands and say "LOL, economy u r gonna get better now lol." It takes time. The U.S. of A is pretty damn big. No president would be able to make the economy better overnight. Fact of life.

The war. Just like the economy. Can't bring them back in one night. Yes, I disagree with the fact that he put more troops in Iraq, going back on his word... But. We may stop fighting but it doesn't mean the opposing countries will.

I don't follow much of this, but that's what I think.

Lieutenant Shotgun

XxFlutterby_HeavenxX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm
I am not politically inclined but I personally don't like Obama.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:30 pm

My opinion on him changes frequently. I've honestly never agreed with everything any of the presidents wanted, but you can't get a god to be president.
The fact that he wants to take away the right to bear arms is a good thing in my view. Though I love shooting a gun as much as the next mass murderer, it will stop a lot of crime. People will still be able to commit crime, but it will make the GUN crime go down dramatically. Though, just like marijuana, people will obtain them illegally. Now, I'm not one of those "legalize drugs" kids and I know some people with medical conditions smoke it, but is a law against is really stopping the middle and high school kids from smoking it?

My uncle is head of a hospital where I live, and he absolutely hates Obama and his health care plans. He doesn't understand why an 90 year old man or woman that is going to die, wants to spend their last weeks or years in a hospital bed just waiting to die. I honestly don't know anything about what Obama has planned for health care, so I can't give a valid opinion on it.

Though, I don't however like the fact that everyone as put hype up on him or dissed his 'HOPE FOR CHANGE!" I hate his followers/haters more than him. They all were expecting him to either be Superman and save to word with a snap of his fingers the day he swore in, or they excepted him to not do s**t. None of them realize what it takes to be a president. You can't just save the world while there are other countries there as well. You have to have agreements, negotiate, and understand the problems that he faces once he sits down at that desk. He can't just pick up the phone and go "LOL WHAT UP AFGHANISTAN! WE GUNNA COME UP IN THAT b***h AND PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE. SO SURRENDER AND START BEING A GOOD LITTLE SANDLOT FOR THE U.S. MKEE BYE BYE NOW."

Azulona

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:38 pm
Cheetahs Wolf

well he already lied to us about taking soldiers out of Iraq now hes sending even more.. oh well i didnt even want to vote for him even though i cant vote xd

...With FUR!!!User Image
User Image

Correction, he is taking troops out of Iraq while sending more to Afghanistan.

On topic, I would never have voted for Obama. I don't think I've liked any of his plans yet, but we will see how much he has accomplished in 4 years. I think McCain had so much more experience and he would have done better, but that is just me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:18 am
Candy Flavored Kittens
Cheetahs Wolf

...With FUR!!!User Image
User Image

Correction, he is taking troops out of Iraq while sending more to Afghanistan.

On topic, I would never have voted for Obama. I don't think I've liked any of his plans yet, but we will see how much he has accomplished in 4 years. I think McCain had so much more experience and he would have done better, but that is just me.

At least Obama isn't arresting people for medicinal marijuana and implemented gays and transgenders into the hate crime legislation.  

Gabbie808

AThousandLullabies

5,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:49 pm
well idk, McCain's pretty old, and if he died, we'd have Miss "i can see Russia!" as our president. and what a nightmare that would be. i don't like everything Obama's doing, and i definitely don't think he deserved a Nobel Peace Prize [well, definitely not when he got one, that should've waited a couple of years] but i think his plans are good and if he actually carries them out America will change.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:10 pm
Wile his political policy is not very clear to me and I therefore can have no valid opinion on that, I can tell you my view of him as a person. He is a good man. He grew up out of country and developed that immigrant's hope of the grand and great America were dreams come true. And he got here and found out that America is not grand or great any more, and that dreams scarcely make it to reality anymore. And instead of giving up and wallowing in his disillusionment, he has worked hard all his life to make America great! He has proven himself intelligent and Hard working. He is a good man, and he has earned my trust and respect as a person.  

Araya_Sunshine_Luvz_ya

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items