Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Back to Guilds

~Sakura Kiss~ is the largest Ouran Guild on Gaia. We have roleplays, blogs, and more! Hope you'll join us! 

Tags: ouran high school host club, host club, ohshc, ouran, roleplay 

Reply ~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild
Male OHSHC fans (or just Shoujo in general)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ikuo Sempai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:35 pm
This seems to happen to me a lot:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Okay my doodles are unevenly lined. I'm a better typesetter... >> )

Now it's most likely my fault since the genre is for girls anyway.
Actually, it's more like the exact reason.
However, I wonder if other male fans of Shoujo series feel the same way. It's easier in this guild (more diversity of topics), especially with material like OHSHC since the series is more comedy-based than squishy heavy romantic feelings for the most part.

I was just wondering if anyone else (even girls not into the "hawt" factor) ever thought about this?

Holy crap my first topic, plz to not be killing me. I'm sorry if I did it wrong!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:12 pm
i love ouran, it's funny as hell. however, only me and a select few know what it is lol  

ravemaster47

13litz

Wistful Heckler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:10 pm
You're dead on, I think, about the show being "more comedy-based than squishy heavy romantic feelings". For people like me who actually have to go through relationship woes, the show provides an excuse to laugh at how immature things could be.
The manga, on the other hand, is actually taking a pretty steep turn. It's still using unrealistic ways to incorporate the events tho.

Actually, there used to be a universal rule regarding 'guys and anime' that I always followed; Never browse through OHSHC [Or any other anime] fanart when a male is present in the room. Exposure to it might just stunt his manliness.
In reality I bet lots of boys might actually like Ouran, but they'll probably risk putting thier orientation in question. After all, the formula for the club really is just a big mosh pit of picture-perfect guys living in a fictional realm. They happen to execute scenes flawlessly, plus they more often than not, act a bit more flamboyantly than needed. All the while sipping tea and promoting cross-dressing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 am
Cinnamon Ice
You're dead on, I think, about the show being "more comedy-based than squishy heavy romantic feelings". For people like me who actually have to go through relationship woes, the show provides an excuse to laugh at how immature things could be.
The manga, on the other hand, is actually taking a pretty steep turn. It's still using unrealistic ways to incorporate the events tho.

Actually, there used to be a universal rule regarding 'guys and anime' that I always followed; Never browse through OHSHC [Or any other anime] fanart when a male is present in the room. Exposure to it might just stunt his manliness.
In reality I bet lots of boys might actually like Ouran, but they'll probably risk putting thier orientation in question. After all, the formula for the club really is just a big mosh pit of picture-perfect guys living in a fictional realm. They happen to execute scenes flawlessly, plus they more often than not, act a bit more flamboyantly than needed. All the while sipping tea and promoting cross-dressing.

Yeah I kinda swore off the series for those reasons until I was (really) bored and watched a few episodes. Then "homo side-characters" came up and I died laughing and I've been hooked ever since. I've been reading the manga and I see what you mean about steep turns. (I'm up to 47 chapters in two days. xd )

I guess the flamboyance and extravagance of the characters is what makes it constantly entertaining. All the while, it's a pretty nice break from "O SNAP, EPIC BATTLE BETWEEN [character a] AND [character b]! WHO WILL WIN THIS TEST OF UNBELIEVABLE POWER!?!?111?!"

Not to say I don't still like that sort of thing, but it's nice to have a break. Plus the "girl = boy" thing kinda got me interested.

...I guess to most guys That seems like it'd look gay. D:  

Ikuo Sempai

spottedsocksrock

Dapper Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:07 pm
And the girl=boy/boy=girl seems to be a (weirdly) common theme in manga...I mean...OHSHC, Ranma...I bet I'll find another one but...Just the fact there are at least two..Does that seem weird to anyone besides me??  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:54 pm
i love ouran high, its like my favorite anime. i own the entire 26 episode series on 4 DVDs, 2 box sets. however, not to throw a kink in your point, but i am openly gay. i am not flamboyant, i dont have the accent, or the body for that matter, and its not like you can tell when i walk into a room. im a lot like kaoru  

Kit_Klawson

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff