Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
The Strangers = Fail

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What waits below?
  some free gold.
View Results

Katai Rei Kun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:24 pm
Spoiler Alert! .... Kinda (Not really, i'll save you the torture)
OK .. i know the movies states "based on true events" or some crap ... IT ISNT. so.. The way i see it is the times in the movie dont add up to me. Like the dude went for a pack of cigs at 3 took too long if you ask me. everything else that piled on that of when the guy got back and they were being toyed with (dont ya think the sun would have come up yet? since the sun rises anywhere from 5-6am and the movie seemed like a lot took place). Also, that couple just irked me. How can someone sneak INTO the place youre staying at and steal your phone? Ive never yelled at the TV before that movie. Everything they did was wrong. I would have taken the shotgun into the bathroom and waited for daylight and if someone attempts to get in i'd put a hole in em! In fact i was glad they got killed at the end. Their friend that came to check up on them was an idiot. He should have called out his friends name to see if everyone was ok (He deserved the shotgun blast FROM HIS FRIEND). Anyone else dislike/despise that movie?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:10 pm
I didn't hate The Strangers. I thought that it was fairly decent, even if it was terribly predictable. As for your concerns with reality...first...it's a suspension of disbelief. Second, the time thing is actually fairly accurate...I didn't think that the whole event would have taken more than a few hours (if that). Next -- everyone laughs about choices in a horror movie, but if really placed in the situations...I'd be willing to bet that we would make many of the same silly decisions. The Strangers may not have been the best movie of 2008, but I found it better than some of the other terror-slashers like Friday 13th or Texas Chainsaw Massacre...at least this one could actually happen.  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

jordaann

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:03 am
oh i loved it

it scares the crap out of me

i thought it was really good

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:14 am
Otakkun
I didn't hate The Strangers. I thought that it was fairly decent, even if it was terribly predictable. As for your concerns with reality...first...it's a suspension of disbelief. Second, the time thing is actually fairly accurate...I didn't think that the whole event would have taken more than a few hours (if that). Next -- everyone laughs about choices in a horror movie, but if really placed in the situations...I'd be willing to bet that we would make many of the same silly decisions. The Strangers may not have been the best movie of 2008, but I found it better than some of the other terror-slashers like Friday 13th or Texas Chainsaw Massacre...at least this one could actually happen.
User Image

I'd love to know how you think this could happen but the texas chainsaw massacre and Friday the 13th couldn't? The texas chainsaw massacre was imo one of the best remakes to have been made.
I thought the strangers was completely s**t. Liv Tylers acting was disappointing to say the least. And when that man was standing in the room with that paper bag on his head? I seriously couldn't stop laughing. It was like watching a spoof.

User Image

ReturnToOz

Disappointing Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces