Submit

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:40 pm
so,I awoke this morning,with the reality that my dog was due to be put to sleep,she was old,and she had tumors,and they were getting in her way,her time had come,I go downstairs and feed Yuma,the turtle,then I go to feed my Beta fish Monty,and he had died in the night,I was upset about that,and the timing,the day drags on,and the time to bring her to the vet slowly approaches.I took a walk around the block,to clear my head,and get some fresh air,on the way around,I meet an old family friend,I told him about it,and he started lecturing me about how I should move out and stuff cause my dog will be gone.I was upset about that,and ignored half of what he said after that,I then got back home,and I had an hour to go before her appt,so I waited for my mom,she was bringing me,when mom came home,we told the family to say goodbye to Winnie (my dog) and we loaded her into the back of the van,we got to the vet,and had to wait about 5 mins for the vet to come out,as we were having her done in the van,cause she was a largish dog,and so the vet comes out,I cant stop crying (I have been that way for about 2 days now) and Winnie was worried about me,but I told her I would be fine,he gave her a shot to make her go to sleep,then after she was sleeping,he gave her the one that would put her to sleep for good,she took a breath,my hand was on her side,I felt her breath,and then waited for a next one,that never came,all in all it was fast,painless,and peaceful,but it still hurt like hell,even though I knew it was right,then I came home and buried her in the hole I dug yesterday,I then came and got Monty and put him in that hole too,so they are buried together,and she was buried with her toy Barbie that she loved so much,its so weird,I had her for almost 10 years,and its going to take a while to get used to the fact that she isnt here anymore...RIP Winnie and Monty,I love you both <3  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:27 pm
Im so sorry about your dog. We can go through this together. I have to put my grandmas dog Scooter to sleep on Wednesday. He has been apart of my life for so long. I cant bare to live without him. i dont really know how you feel yet but i will soon and im begining to feel it already.
Also i think one of my Betta's (her name is Lola) Is going to die soon as well.  

earthkai

Greedy Tycoon

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:09 pm
Oh Cowgirl. I am so sorry. cry  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:10 pm
earthkai
Im so sorry about your dog. We can go through this together. I have to put my grandmas dog Scooter to sleep on Wednesday. He has been apart of my life for so long. I cant bare to live without him. i dont really know how you feel yet but i will soon and im begining to feel it already.
aw *hugs* they go very very fast,within a minute she was gone,and just an FYI cause I found out the hard way,they sometimes go to the bathroom after they are gone (I know this because I got covered in her pee when my mom turned a corner) but,its very fast,one thing that I did that made me feel better and smile,is I think of her up there in heaven,bounding all over,and happy with her old friends who have passed,I know she has many friends up there,she was the sweetest dog ever....  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:11 pm
Kipluck
Oh Cowgirl. I am so sorry. cry
thanks Kip,I am doing pretty good right now,but I am exhausted,but I am talking to my boyfriends best friend,and its keeping my mind occupied for the moment....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:37 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
aw *hugs* they go very very fast,within a minute she was gone,and just an FYI cause I found out the hard way,they sometimes go to the bathroom after they are gone (I know this because I got covered in her pee when my mom turned a corner) but,its very fast,one thing that I did that made me feel better and smile,is I think of her up there in heaven,bounding all over,and happy with her old friends who have passed,I know she has many friends up there,she was the sweetest dog ever....

I know he will be with my grandpa, who is probably waiting for him. ^^
I visited for hours today and it made me feel so much better. I got to keep his name tag.  

earthkai

Greedy Tycoon

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:43 am
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai

I visited for hours today and it made me feel so much better. I got to keep his name tag.
thats good,I have Winnies collar,I was thinking of burying her in it,but I changed my mind,and decided to keep it,cause it was her first ever collar...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:30 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai

thats good,I have Winnies collar,I was thinking of burying her in it,but I changed my mind,and decided to keep it,cause it was her first ever collar...

I decided i wanted to keep Scooters collar after we put him to sleep tonight. I got to say my goodbye and my grandma let me cover him. I feel so much better now that i did get to say goodbye. I cant cry anymore for some reason. i guess im out of tears haha. But the past two days i went over and played with him for a while. I think that really helped me out. I am so happy i got to have Scooter in my life.  

earthkai

Greedy Tycoon

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:50 pm
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai

I decided i wanted to keep Scooters collar after we put him to sleep tonight. I got to say my goodbye and my grandma let me cover him. I feel so much better now that i did get to say goodbye. I cant cry anymore for some reason. i guess im out of tears haha. But the past two days i went over and played with him for a while. I think that really helped me out. I am so happy i got to have Scooter in my life.
yea,your lucky he wasnt there everyday,every time I walk by where her bed is (which incidentally is only about 3 feet from where Montys tank is) it hurts so much,cause I am used to looking at them,and neither is there anymore...I still have alot of other pets,but its just not the same without them...I know what you mean about having no more tears,make sure you drink alot of water,probably the only thing that kept me from crying myself into dehydration Monday,was that my sis got me a slushee coffee...and it had ice in it...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:24 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai

yea,your lucky he wasnt there everyday,every time I walk by where her bed is (which incidentally is only about 3 feet from where Montys tank is) it hurts so much,cause I am used to looking at them,and neither is there anymore...I still have alot of other pets,but its just not the same without them...I know what you mean about having no more tears,make sure you drink alot of water,probably the only thing that kept me from crying myself into dehydration Monday,was that my sis got me a slushee coffee...and it had ice in it...

I drink lots of water anyway. Today i tried so hard not to cry. it just doesnt feel the same without him. I just really have to get used to that. now i feel bad that we let him go but i know it was for the right thing.  

earthkai

Greedy Tycoon

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:16 pm
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai

I drink lots of water anyway. Today i tried so hard not to cry. it just doesnt feel the same without him. I just really have to get used to that. now i feel bad that we let him go but i know it was for the right thing.
yea,I was laying in bed last night,and just started bawling,cause I remember that she knew something was up,she didnt want to go with us,either that or she was having a hard time hearing,that is a possibility,anyways,its hard...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:56 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai

yea,I was laying in bed last night,and just started bawling,cause I remember that she knew something was up,she didnt want to go with us,either that or she was having a hard time hearing,that is a possibility,anyways,its hard...

I think Scooter could tell something was up. I could see it in his eyes when we were driving there. Probably because i couldnt keep from crying.  

earthkai

Greedy Tycoon

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:54 am
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai

I think Scooter could tell something was up. I could see it in his eyes when we were driving there. Probably because i couldnt keep from crying.
yea,me too,and bless her heart,Winnie was more worried about me,she wanted to make sure I was alright,I told her I would be...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:50 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai

yea,me too,and bless her heart,Winnie was more worried about me,she wanted to make sure I was alright,I told her I would be...

How old was she? Dogs seem to know what whats going on whenever there is a different situation.  

earthkai

Greedy Tycoon

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:43 pm
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai
Cowgirl-with-heart
earthkai

How old was she? Dogs seem to know what whats going on whenever there is a different situation.
she was 9 and a hald,but for a big dog,thats old....she prolly thought it was weird that I wanted to bring her somewhere cause when she started getting the tumors we had to stop taking her places,cause she was also bald cause of her allergies,and so I didnt want people thinking that we didnt love her...or we abused her or something...  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff