Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AschfahlDahlia

6,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:01 pm
Someone tell those snot nosed brats under 18 that it's not witch way or witch this....

The word is 'which'

For crying out freaking loud!!! scream  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:15 pm
Not like there going to listen. They will more than likely tell you something else or change the whole word itself with there new age talk  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

AschfahlDahlia

6,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:24 pm
Noir Resurection
Not like there going to listen. They will more than likely tell you something else or change the whole word itself with there new age talk

How I pray this does not happen.

I went to the bookstore the other day to buy a book, couldn't find it, and went up to one of the clerks to ask for assistance. This is how it went, and I quote...

"Hi, I'm looking for the book Infidel."
"Okay... um, how do you spell that?"
"Infidel?"
"Yeah..."
"I.. N... F... I... D... E... L... Infidel"

The teen turned me into a Speak and Spell...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:21 pm
I wonder how people get jobs now a days. I thought people at book stores were smart, especially when they work there.  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lord have mercy. >________<

The ignorance these days are just a reminder of the blissful teenage years. rofl

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."
~Anonymous

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[ No, you can't use my tribal images. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:03 am
And us non-English speakers. I can't get that right if I'm on a least bit of hurry. Never. At forum I don't have even browser English dictionary that could hint if I'm really misspelling something.

It's not just teens. It may be a teen or adult like me who has English as a second or third language. But mostly it is just grammar abusing teens.  

Veddhartha

Zispier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:52 pm
I agree with young people not caring about spelling. I think the one that annoys me most is when they go 'wut' or 'wat' or something other than "what".  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:32 pm
Veddhartha
And us non-English speakers. I can't get that right if I'm on a least bit of hurry. Never. At forum I don't have even browser English dictionary that could hint if I'm really misspelling something.

It's not just teens. It may be a teen or adult like me who has English as a second or third language. But mostly it is just grammar abusing teens.
I can usually tell when English is someone's second or third language... not so much as there may be misspelled words, but in the arrangement of the words in the sentence. This is especially true with Spanish or Latin languages... verbs and nouns are opposite of the way English sentences are constructed.

Therefore, I have no problem with those learning English and the way the posts turn out. I do have problems with the young ones who insist on totally rearranging the spelling of every word in the language, and no punctuation skills.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Siumbering Princess22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:12 am
another one that seems to drive me nuts is when people spell lose "loose" that irks a nerve  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 am
haa it tickles me sometimes to watch my husband chat on the computer, he's 47 years old and spells the word minute as minuet... guess he thinks time dances lol  

MotherMoo

Venuslady

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:12 am
AschfahlDahlia
Someone tell those snot nosed brats under 18 that it's not witch way or witch this....

The word is 'which'

For crying out freaking loud!!! scream

LOLZ!

Acutally, in my HS years I was an English / Biology Major.... I HATED spelling errors then and I hate then even more now! scream What's worse is now I work where spelling is of the essence! I am a bookbinder, and I also do a LOT of proofreading, and some of the spelling I see now is TOTALLY terrible!

USE SPELL CHECK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! dramallama  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:18 am
This is more speaking than writing, but I hate when people say "ax" instead of "ask". Really? These are two very different things people.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Eiji

5,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:56 am
While I agree with the original poster, it's just as bad when you say 'there' instead of 'they're' or when you don't use capital letters correctly.

You shouldn't throw stones when you live in glass houses people.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:59 am
My father could never say specific - it always came out pacific, and we were to "warsh the dishes in the zinc", too.  

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
i find annoying when people cap every other character
when they mean k like ok and they say kk
when people speak like this is annoying arrow WHEN P3OPL3 SPAAK LIEK THES SI ANOYNG  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff