Reply Gaia Games & Events
OVERPRICED AQUARIUM ITEMS! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venuslady

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:51 pm
Who thinks aquarium items are WAAAAY overpriced? And I think it's unfair that you can't get them with your Gaia gold!

Comments?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:23 pm
I think the whole aquarium is over priced, even the fish are way over priced for their lifespan IE it's a wasted of cash getting fish just to die in a week.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Pink Mint Tea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:31 pm
Seriously. I just started questing for aquarium stuff - I'd rather do that than spend real money on fish that die, or decorations that hardly affect your fishes' happiness.

DUMB! scream  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:51 pm
I don't see why people would waste money on items like that. They are way too expensive and if the expensive part was the only bad thing about them. The only fish that is always basically happy is the gold fish. All the others are hard as hell to make happy. You can waste a lot of cash on items that you think will get you better items but then your fish don't like them. Even if people were to buy them with gold they are just way up there. But there you have it, gaia just waisting time on stuff like that instead of fixing problems around the site.  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

charamath

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:16 pm
At first I thought 'You get your tank to 100%, then you'll get awesome items every day. WRONG! I shouldn't still be getting demon armor with 100% health!

And the only thing you put in the tank that actually seems to affect their mood is the phonograph, btw.

All my fishies are croaking, and I don't think I'm going to bother replacing many of 'em. All the items I got from the bags were pretty dang worthless.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:11 pm
Check in with Stargazer Lily - she hasn't bought anything for her tank, just the freebies from Gaia... she's gotten some great items ~ Soldat Hat, Milady Hat, Slinky Dresses, One of those Fluff Boxes... not sure how she does it, just feeds her fishes everyday and he gives up some nice goodies... though she also has a nice collection of armor and other funny stuff. whee  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

cteddiesgirl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:21 pm
Yep. Too dang expensive for fish that die rather quickly.

I haven't bought any from the store. I'm not going to waste real money on a fake tank.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:36 pm
Lil Brat
Check in with Stargazer Lily - she hasn't bought anything for her tank, just the freebies from Gaia... she's gotten some great items ~ Soldat Hat, Milady Hat, Slinky Dresses, One of those Fluff Boxes... not sure how she does it, just feeds her fishes everyday and he gives up some nice goodies... though she also has a nice collection of armor and other funny stuff. whee
Same with me. All I do is add things I get off of daily chance and I get great stuff. Satin coats, early EIs, granted I get the sucky items a lot, but when you get 3 satin coats in a row, I don't complain.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:38 am
I've gotten also few good items, expensive gowns to sell and even one early EI. Though mostly rewards were something to sell away as soon as possible.

I recall some talk about aquariums that it is Gaia's attempt to bring something new to collect and 'dress' alongside avatars for the people who doesn't like those so much. Bit like the houses, I think, but with some more interaction. I believe aquariums are not meant to 'wide crowds' in a same way as some other features of the site.

Still, aquarium items are expensive as hell and I don't even want to start guessing what decorations my fish would like and what not. Pool's health is at 79,5% or something now, with just freebie items.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:11 am
i love the aquarium. though it is ridiculous the prices for the fish crap, and i wont spend any money on it. but i will buy decoratrions from the marketplace. never fish though. i let my daily chance give me my cuttlefish and goldfish and i stick with them. i have been getting some awesome stuff from the overseer thing. i just got a fluff box today, and im only at 80%  

Siumbering Princess22

Cheshirecatqee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:37 am
It is unfair the only way to get items is with gaia cash but like everyone else who's posted I'm doing fine with the free or market place items.

I don't like the fact that they are trying to get more real money out of the site with these aquariums.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:43 am
ive only ever used free stuff for my aquarium i've had some nice gifts but not that often i sometimes wonder if the better item you get is dependant on how much your aquarium health has raised rather than the actualy lvl seein as they are always goin up in happiness from my experience rather than down  

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

Lextacy

Aged Browser

11,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:05 am
I have yet to actually buy anything for my aquarium and i never will. If its not enough they started adding options to MC's which was fine. except it makes you want(need) more than the usual 1. Then the cash shop came..and now fish! I would understand if you could keep your fish...but they die on you and then there goes your money. You mind as well buy the items you want.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:17 am
I do agree that it's hard to keep them happy, but I've managed as most of you with just cheaper fish and basic add-ins. I try to make it pretty for myself to enjoy, and that's enough for me. I did splurge on the Cardinal fish, and bamboo... I would like to know the secret to getting something other than regalia! lol... Granted, I have gotten some nice items, and the health is almost at 80% now.  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

IHopeThisNameWillFi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:58 am
If just the droppings were a lot better.. but all I get is dark pianos! Wtf is up with that?  
Gaia Games & Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff