A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
New school classes? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you had to choose, which class would you add to your school?
Speech and Debate
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Ballet
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Art
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Psychology
35%
 35%  [ 11 ]
Piano/Band
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

Bonita Carribean

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 pm
My school has all these classes... 3nodding
tell me why youd pick it!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:31 pm
My school has all of those except Ballet and Debate.
I'd love to have a Debate class. There used to be a Debate Team, but no one was interested in it, so they stopped.

I might take AP Psych next year if they won't let me take AP Chem and Creative Writing at the same time. (I heard both of those classes were 5th period, but there might be another Creative Writing class.)

Speech is a required class that we have to take as a Freshman. I slept threw the first marking period, so I lost all my participation points and ended up with a low-B. So the second marking period, I read or did homework instead and got an A. The class is only half a credit (half a year).  

eccentricanomaly

Midnight Phase

6,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:42 am
I had picked the ballet choice because my school doesn't have it but then I remembered that they had just shut down the debate class ... so I think I'd rather have debate over ballet.
I like ballet and wish my school had that one too, but I think debate is just a nice thing to have. Everyone wishes that we had a debate class again but there aren't any teachers that could teach it (I come from a very small rural town in the middle of nowhere with a small school).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:30 pm
User ImageDogs Are Angels...

out of those my school only has art & band, besides i live in an extremely small town

...With FUR!!!User Image
User Image  

Cheetahs Wolf

SarahlovesDavidH

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:57 pm
I really wish my school had a phychology course! I told my counselor that it was something I was considering as my career, and he just kinda said I sould pick something that high school could help you get. Well, if we weren't some hick town high school we could actually have some useful classes! High school CAN help a psychology person if we weren't so ghetto that we only have crappy dull classes. Except choir. We do have the best director in the state... neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:18 pm
Psychology, most likely. Already got music, art and S&D ... no ballet but we have hula chant & dance (I live in Hawaii). My brother took psychology in HS and it sounds interesting ... so I bet I would like it. razz  

SummaGlamourGirl

xXSweet-PopzXx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:31 am
My school has all of those classes except for ballet and debate. But we've debated in some of my other classes.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:58 pm
Debate because it's the only one my school doesn't have. Although technically the ballet class is more of a dance class.  

Tangerine_Monster

lhomg72

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:14 pm
speech and debates.. im a good artist but i just dont want bossy idle teachers tell ME wat to draw  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:19 pm
My school has all of those classes except psychology... so that's what I chosse I guess.  

JeiMuze

Co0lest_Sweetiie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:47 pm
You cry, I cry. You laugh, i laugh, You jump off a cliff i laugh EVEN HARDER...

I'd want debate. i really like debating it's fun. you get to yell at people, i enjoy that! but i mostly like it because you can open up and tell people what you really feel.!

...So stick that in your juice box && suck it!

>Click Here to make me happy.<

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:59 pm
Ballet becuse that's the only thing my school doesn't have.  

I Takami Heru I

I Takami Heru I

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 pm
SummaGlamourGirl
Psychology, most likely. Already got music, art and S&D ... no ballet but we have hula chant & dance (I live in Hawaii). My brother took psychology in HS and it sounds interesting ... so I bet I would like it. razz

I live in Hawaii too X3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:14 pm
Well psycology sounds pretty great. But I'd like to make an addition to your list: enterpreneuring. My government teacher gave me the idea when he said, "The school system is teaching you to work for somebody else. What our economy needs is people with the ambition to open their own businesses."

I mean, think about it. School trains us to receive an assignment, complete it, and turn it in. These are just the skills you need to be a low or mid level worker at a company somewhere. Maybe one of these guys has a great idea. He thinks, maybe I could make money off this. Now what?

We should have a class that teaches us what to do with that idea. How to borrow money, find a property, manufacture, ship, sell, and advertise your product. People who have great ideas would know how to take the initiative and get started selling a product that customers want to buy.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

ThornySinger

2,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:39 pm
I would love to learn psychology. I'm interested in how the human mind would work and other related things. Ballet just seems redundant in a school like mine, and speech and debate... It's pretty weird to learn how to debate and argue with your friends, isn't it? Useful skill, but I prefer psychology.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff