No
  Maybe
View Results

heavans_angel_13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:55 pm
What is ur opinion on Abortion???
I honestly am against abortion....
I think you should have to deal with what you did
Abortion should only be okay if you are Rapped or see problems with ur fetus!
Because each abortion is taking another life away....
So if you go to jail for murder shouldn't you go to jail for abortion to???
Voice ur Opinion!!!
I will listen!!!! =]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:26 pm
I'm for abortion, especially if you're a teen. Teens aren't ready to raise kids. It should be the woman's choice.

I don't think it's right for a kid to grow up knowing that he or she was a mistake. I don't think it's right for someone who was raped to have to deal with pregnancy.

My sister got pregnant when she was sixteen and had her baby when she was seventeen. She couldn't go to college or anything. She was really smart, too. (She won first place in states for science fair her first year, and second place in states the second year.) I don't want my life to be screwed up because of a baby that I didn't want. Although, I don't really plan on having sex or falling in love, or any of that.

If I found out I was pregnant right now, I would get an abortion, which is strage, because I have a really hard time squishing bugs.  

eccentricanomaly

Fyre in teh Hoal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:58 pm
User Image
Personhood is not acquired. Taking a life that is not yours is wrong. [/story]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:47 pm
User Image

I think women are better off aborting than having a child that they cannot support or do not want. In today's economy, having children is not financially or morally responsible for a lot of people and it would really hurt us if abortion was outlawed and our baby rate skyrockets.
I don't feel that women should be allowed to get multiple abortions, but I feel that mistakes happen and women should not be penalized for this.
Also, having legal abortion is far safer than the illegal alternatives if it is outlawed.
Questing Again!

Cuore Rotto

Wheezing Dabbler

13,200 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:08 pm
There's already a thread for this in the debating subforum, but I wanted to address a couple of things posted here.

heavans_angel_13
I honestly am against abortion....
I think you should have to deal with what you did

I understand the idea that you shouldn't abort because it's killing the fetus. I do not, however, understand the idea that you must keep the pregnancy because you had sex, especially since abortion is a way of "dealing with the consequences of your actions".

heavans_angel_13
Abortion should only be okay if you are Rapped or see problems with ur fetus!

I have no problems with fetal health, but I think the mother's life and health should be acceptable reasons, as well.

As for rape, there's no difference between a fetus created by rape and a fetus created by consensual sex, so why can I abort one and not the other? Also, how do we determine whether or not it's a rape fetus

heavans_angel_13
So if you go to jail for murder shouldn't you go to jail for abortion to???

No, they just need prayers.

Seriously though, that question - what should happen to a woman who has an abortion - is extremely difficult for pro-lifers to answer for some reason. You get kudos just for suggesting a punishment.

For anyone else who's pro-life: If abortion was made illegal, what should the punishment be for a woman who has an illegal abortion, and why should this be the punishment?

Cuore Rotto

I don't feel that women should be allowed to get multiple abortions, but I feel that mistakes happen and women should not be penalized for this.

What if you end up being unlucky twice? Or if you don't know how to properly use a condom/birth control and end up pregnant multiple times because of that?

Cuore Rotto
Also, having legal abortion is far safer than the illegal alternatives if it is outlawed.

This argument doesn't hold water if you were to replace 'abortion' with another crime. I have never met a person that would defend the idea of making murder legal on the basis that it will be safer than an illegal murder.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 am
Stfu, I am so tired of coming across people like you. yes, you are allowed to have your own opinion but what pisses me off is how narrow minded you people can be.  

Matron Mord Sith

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:50 am
eccentricanomaly
I'm for abortion, especially if you're a teen. Teens aren't ready to raise kids. It should be the woman's choice.

I don't think it's right for a kid to grow up knowing that he or she was a mistake. I don't think it's right for someone who was raped to have to deal with pregnancy.

My sister got pregnant when she was sixteen and had her baby when she was seventeen. She couldn't go to college or anything. She was really smart, too. (She won first place in states for science fair her first year, and second place in states the second year.) I don't want my life to be screwed up because of a baby that I didn't want. Although, I don't really plan on having sex or falling in love, or any of that.

If I found out I was pregnant right now, I would get an abortion, which is strage, because I have a really hard time squishing bugs.

Killing a fetus would be no different then killing a bug for me. Granted it has a heart beat but so does everything else that we kill.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 pm
It depends of the case. I'm 100% pro abortion in this cases:

_either the mother or the child are in serious risk
_birth defects (not Down Syndrome or Autism, but more serious things, like missed parts, spine bifida, etc)
_incest
_STDs (yes, babies get their moms STDs as well)
_ectopic pregnancies (out of the uterus)

In these cases, maybe (it all depends of the person):

_one night stands (if is the first time, ok)
_second time abortion (if is because a birth defect, etc.)
_teenage girls
why teenage girls are in the maybe section? because it depends of the maturity of the teenage parents. I had friends back in HS who were better mothers (arrived a bit later because they were feeding their kids, who milked themselves at lunch hour, who took their kids to school on days we didn't had too much classes, that after school had one or two jobs while their boyfriends or families took care of the baby) than many thirty-something women who work with my mother (she had a co-worker who tortured her kids with an iron).

Totally against abortion:

_if is used as a "reset" button constantly (done several times without thinking about other options, like adoption, contraceptives, etc.)

Since we all make mistakes, a one time abortion is ok (the next time, birth control), but a second, third, forth (and so on...) abortion? That's being irresponsible. Our bodies are not a video game console, and everytime something we don't want happens, we can't go around pressing the reset button. We make mistakes, and from those mistakes, we learn something. And abortion should be used like that; we abort an embryo once, so the next time, we use birth control.

_Rape? We denounce the a-hole who did that. Not many women wouldn't want to abort a kid product of a rape (this is what they say: is not my fault, but neither the baby's fault, and that's why I'm having it. It might been an unwanted pregnancy, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to give this kid a good life crying ). But I don't know what would I do in this situation. I think I rather give a baby from an unwanted pregnancy into adoption.  

Perfect Stranger 3-0

souls2stars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:04 pm
When it comes to abortion, I think it's fine as a last resort. Like if you did everythingin the world you could do to protect yourself, but still got pregnet anyway. But it shouldn't be used as a form of birth control...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:30 pm
User Image

I mean in the sense that it shouldn't be used as a form of birth control, not that you should be limited on how many you can get. s**t happens and I don't feel that women or girls should have to be stuck into an unwanted pregnancy.

I don't think it is fair to those fetuses to be brought into the world by people that don't want them and aren't willing to think of other options to save them.

I totally understand where the pro-lifers are coming from and respect their views. However, I will never be able to feel the same way on this subject.

Questing Again!

Cuore Rotto

Wheezing Dabbler

13,200 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:34 pm
souls2stars
When it comes to abortion, I think it's fine as a last resort. Like if you did everythingin the world you could do to protect yourself, but still got pregnet anyway. But it shouldn't be used as a form of birth control...

I couldn't agree more.

Abortion is not like a reset button that can be pressed as many times as wished, but used as a last resource, preferably one time.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:12 pm
Oh no! abortion is not ok..its never ok.! If women dont want to have babies well then they shouldnt go messing around with freakin boys! Whoever had an abortion is retarted && well stupid and have no heart;no feelings because they could of be proud and feel how to be a mother and also feel strong...  

II AlexX II

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:44 pm
Cuore Rotto
User Image

I mean in the sense that it shouldn't be used as a form of birth control, not that you should be limited on how many you can get. s**t happens and I don't feel that women or girls should have to be stuck into an unwanted pregnancy.

I don't think it is fair to those fetuses to be brought into the world by people that don't want them and aren't willing to think of other options to save them.

I totally understand where the pro-lifers are coming from and respect their views. However, I will never be able to feel the same way on this subject.

Questing Again!

I don't feel that a woman should be forced to carry a pregnancy that she doesn't want, either.

I used to be pro-life, but I become pro-choice about a year or so ago. I respect the pro-life viewpoint that all life is sacred and while I feel that abortion should stay legal for various reasons I'll happily support ways to decrease the need for abortions.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:53 pm
Abortion is risky and has side effects ? xp  

Sein-mit-Hasse

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:05 am
I think that abortion is way to big of a thing.
Yeah, i dont like it. Its killing something, but i have no room to talk, because i am a huge hunter.

I think that if a teenage girl is stupid enough to have sex and not safely then they have the baby.

and if people dont have the money to raise it, then how come people dont ever consider adoption???

I think adoption is the best choice, not abortion and just caring for the baby even if you cant.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff