Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Cats and cabinets Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QuestionableMeatProducts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:08 am
Lions seem to have the same problems with Wardrobes. Only their tend to be nasty witch-queens living in them.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:42 pm
iggies
Veddhartha, mine does that sometimes still too, He was rescued off the streets by a friend of mine and we guess by his behaviors he had been out there a good chunk of his 9 mos. From what I have researched, they do the bury of food and pawing at the water from survival in the wild... food for later and making sure the water was there to drink.

Aye, covering food is also a sign of 'I hate this stuff!', depending on general situation. My cat being also stray cat in his former live, I'm sure he's still just hiding the food and its high quality animal shop food too. smile

We got him from animal shelter, but it isn't possible that he's been stray for very long. I've never seen a cat so smart and human loving. At one point last summer, when I was long times alone home just with myself and Sir Filip, I don't know did I start to understand cat talk excellently or did he learn hoomin. I barely needed to say casually what I want and cat obeyed, and otherwise. Then I felt I was going to turn into one of those crazy cat ladies some day. heart  

Veddhartha

Lady Antu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm
My 3 cats love the cabinets in my apartment and it drives me nuts! Mostly because you hear them wrestling with each other and then one of them takes off with another following and then you hear a cabinet slam shut. They have somehow learned how to open them mid-run and slip in.

What is funny is my oldest cat (and largest (a 35 lbs Norweigan Forest Cat)) will sit in front of the cabinets so the other two can't get out. He also has a box obession as well. You open any box and before you can get whatever is in it out, he's already trying to get in the box.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:08 am
Lol, that's funny! I wish I could see that! A cat blocking the others in the cabinets... that's great. I want to bring in the kitten from outside, but I don't think my own cats would like that. I'm afraid that my lil girl will think she's not special... oh what to do!! The one outside is a beautiful siamese mix with blue eyes... and I want her!! cry  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:34 pm
We just lost the one that really liked to be in cabinets... he learned from our old fart (he's 17) cat and would go there to hide when the toddlers (when my niece's boy was with us and our toddler) would be playing. The old one doesn't do it any more, but he was the expert at being able to get into any kind of cabinet before he became a senile old man.

Now we have a new kitten, she is a bit of a dork... she put her head up under the toe kick area of the cabinets in the corner where there is a small hole... put her head into the hole (the ferret would hide in there so it must still have his smell), got stuck and was trying to pull her head out while her legs were going crazy slipping and sliding on the kitchen floor... it was quite humorous, but when she started crying I ran to her rescue and forgot to snap a quick picture... she is dumb enough to do it again I bet...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:05 pm
Veddhartha
Aye, covering food is also a sign of 'I hate this stuff!', depending on general situation. My cat being also stray cat in his former live, I'm sure he's still just hiding the food and its high quality animal shop food too. smile

We got him from animal shelter, but it isn't possible that he's been stray for very long. I've never seen a cat so smart and human loving. At one point last summer, when I was long times alone home just with myself and Sir Filip, I don't know did I start to understand cat talk excellently or did he learn hoomin. I barely needed to say casually what I want and cat obeyed, and otherwise. Then I felt I was going to turn into one of those crazy cat ladies some day. heart

It is I think, the opposite at my house. The cats (two of them) barely need to say what they want and I obey! I iz well trained. blaugh  

Amarella Harte

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:38 am
Awww, I hope you have fun with the new kitten, Lil Jo! She sounds too cute, even if dumb, lol! She's got you on the way to being trained to her now! twisted

Lol, Amarella! My cats have it to where if they look up at you just so, we make room for them on our laps... I forgot my training and ended up with a broken keyboard on my laptop neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:49 am
I am well Kitty trained mrgreen Though I have not had a cat recently, I just know that any cat i do see wants something from me and I obey regardless razz  

Fallicious Flavor

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces