Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
Want confirmation that Germany IS Holy Roman Empire?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which of the "Germans" do you like?
  Germany (duh? lol)
  Prussia
  Holy Roman Empire
  Austria (Yes. He is German.)
  Myself (me: You're German? Wow! Teach me how to speak German. I only know some few words.."Ich Liebe Deutschland" *wink*)
View Results

azuretales

Capitalist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:50 am
I've been bothered by this too so..yeah I just wanna share it to you guys 8D. Mostly to those who doesn't know this yet...or are too lazy or busy to search for it 8D....LOL 8D

We shall learn a bit of history right now... 8D I'll try to make it short...coz I know that some of you might TL;DR (which I do sometimes..LOL)

Just correct me if I said anything wrong here ^^ I'd be glad to change it for the sake of history and great justice! 8D *SHOT*

First of all....we all know that Nazi Germany was commonly called as The Third Reich.

Well..what happened to the First and Second Reich?

The First Reich was in fact The Holy Roman Empire. After the Thirty Years War the HRE was slowly dissolving (and somewhat existed in name only). And due to the Napoleonic threat, the Holy Roman Empire was officially dissolved on 6 August 1806 when Emperor Francis II (Franz II) abolished it as a response.

Here's probably the reason why Germany can't remember anything from his "HRE days" and how "Prussia picked him up":

So HRE (Germany First Reich) was dissolved, right? So he had some sort of an "amnesia" and Prussia "picked him up".

France declared war on Prussia (only) but the other German states(who tried to unify themselves into one superpower) backed him up.

The Second Reich "started" after the Franco-Prussian War(19 July 1870 - 10 May 1871)...but the unification of Prussia and the German states was proclaimed under the Prussian King around January 1871.

Prussia "rebuilt" the German Empire... that is dominated by him. LOL (Prolly explains the Germancest LOL 8D CANON). Thus, the German Empire and Prussia calling Germany, West. (probably) XD

If you got confused...I'm so sorry LOL
For more info go here:
http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=4564

http://europeanhistory.about.com/cs/germany/a/Otherreichs.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Prussian_War

(it's kind of an addiction to read something history related...so..*SHOT*)

Tho I'm still wondering "why HRE wanted Italy to join him" XD or something. *SHOT*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:32 am
You're awesome, may the glory of 10000 shiny new internets be bestowed upon thee.

If you want to be ultra technical though, Nazi Germany was the fourth Reich, with the incredibly fail Weimar Republic being the sequential third Reich.
....but nobody ever talks about that. XD

But, wow, thanks for the seriously amazing history. I love when people can tie trufax into Hetalia.  

Feliks Lukasiewicz

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Feliks Lukasiewicz
You're awesome, may the glory of 10000 shiny new internets be bestowed upon thee.

If you want to be ultra technical though, Nazi Germany was the fourth Reich, with the incredibly fail Weimar Republic being the sequential third Reich.

But, wow, thanks for the seriously amazing history. I love when people can tie trufax into Hetalia.
COME ON THE WEIMAR REPUBLIC WAS ~FABULOUS~ WHATCHU TALKIN' 'BOUT

.. kudos to you, OP. 8D I knew scraps of that, but you tied it all together. ♥  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:39 pm
Feliks Lukasiewicz

Lol np.

And...really? I thought the Weimar Republic wasn't seen as the third Reich..but (quoting from one site) as "interim reich"

but oh well... LOL *shot* 8D  

azuretales

Capitalist

Feliks Lukasiewicz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:40 pm
azuretales
Feliks Lukasiewicz

Lol np.

And...really? I thought the Weimar Republic wasn't seen as the third Reich..but (quoting from one site) as "interim reich"

but oh well... LOL *shot* 8D
The site is probably right, but it was technically the third empire, you know? It's not counted as the third reich because they're like "WEIMAR? WHAT'S WEIMAR?" XD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:40 pm
User Image
hetalia hetalia hetalia hetalia hetalia hetalia hetalia hetalia
- - - ✖ ✖ ✖
I love using real history for Hetalia things. oAo <3 You are epic win loev grarphskldfsn. Nyar. Thank you for win history trufax.

I love that Germany is HRE, cause at first I was all like, "omg nu I has to pick between GermanyxItaly and HRExChibitalia they be different but nyuu it's still Italy wah. *brain conundrum.*" n___n;

Cat Coffin

azuretales

Capitalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:31 pm
Fezziwig
User Image
hetalia hetalia hetalia hetalia hetalia hetalia hetalia hetalia
- - - ✖ ✖ ✖
I love using real history for Hetalia things. oAo <3 You are epic win loev grarphskldfsn. Nyar. Thank you for win history trufax.

I love that Germany is HRE, cause at first I was all like, "omg nu I has to pick between GermanyxItaly and HRExChibitalia they be different but nyuu it's still Italy wah. *brain conundrum.*" n___n;

OHOHOHOHHOHO thaanks. LOL glad it helped...I think? Did it? or..*shot*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:49 pm
Lawl.

In the Valentine's comic, that's pretty clear, even without the history (that last page has been interpreted as his memory of Italy when they were young). Especially in the anime, with the coloring of HRE and whatnot.

But I like this. Historically speaking.

:B  

Yuan Zi Knight

azuretales

Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:07 am
Vahn Malice
Lawl.

In the Valentine's comic, that's pretty clear, even without the history (that last page has been interpreted as his memory of Italy when they were young). Especially in the anime, with the coloring of HRE and whatnot.

A lot of people still wonder... XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:54 pm
Vahn Malice
Lawl.

I agree with this~

But then, I've always thought Germany was HRE. Even if only to save myself some extra angst. ;A;  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Feather Weather

Nostalgic Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:58 am
You've got a valid point and the reason why Italy-tan was so damned head-over-heels over Germany right away, he's got his underwear!.

It makes sense historically - the HRE was where about 86 per cent of all German provinces were located at the time (recall Luther and his theses and Gutenberg) and the ones that weren't were mostly like Austria, a bit of Prussia, maybe something Russia ate, and the Netherlands.

You just connected the dots for me, danke! [/will go harass her Euro teacher about this]

Meeting Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games