Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:30 pm
Be a CL 6.9.

Seriously, it works. Really well. Yes, stuff does lots of damage to you, but as long as you heal well enough you can keep up just fine. Obviously, at CL 6.9 you can do lots of repeatables, but it is also quite notable that you get tons of drops, with no crew, no Angel Set, or anything, at CL 6.9 there. Last night I played for 2-3 hours and got like 3 Ring drops and 2 Supercharger drops. And of course, tons of orbs. Yesterday, I started the day with about 150 orbs. Played with Zphal on the new repeatable quest at Old Aqueduct for a while, so I had 200 orbs. When we got bored, Zphal quit and I went to Gold Beach. I played for that 2-3 hours... And I was up to 700 orbs before going to bed. Lots of orb drops and lots of repeatable quests. Anyway, being a CL 6.9 works AWESOME there if you can handle it. I know my Ninja Set has saved me a lot... Everything tends to miss me a good amount. Now I have 900 orbs so yay.

So yeah. Just thought you guys should know.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:12 pm
I'm getting bored with the repeatable quests.

I do them at CL 7.5 (I just wear 4 rings - bandage, mantis, slash and shuriken) and if someone is forming a crew for SS, I run to Whirlpool and put on 4 more rings.

I would like to crew with you guys some time. heart  

lazy bonz

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:26 pm
I got bored of it too, so I used all 960 of my orbs to make 3 more rings of mine CL 10. Now I'm a 9.3 overall... so yeah I was having fun earlier having to actually suppress to get good drops in Otami Ruins for that quest. Now I'm on Stone Coatl. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
I'm on Stone Coatl too. For 2 months.
I am waiting til they update it (tomorrow) because it is glitched now.

Ring suppression is still to cumbersome. neutral  

lazy bonz

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:57 pm
lazy bonz
I'm on Stone Coatl too. For 2 months.
I am waiting til they update it (tomorrow) because it is glitched now.

Ring suppression is still to cumbersome. neutral

It is? Because I've been having a hell of a time with it. It seems that, like with all the other bosses, it's hard as hell alone, and then in a crew, even if you send in your lowest CL person, it's ******** impossible.

Seriously I don't get it. At all. And it varies too much. And the teleporting thing? That wouldn't be so bad if it didn't attack you while you were on a black screen, so that you get hit while crouching. That is retarded.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:33 pm
It's very tough to beat because of the lag, but most of the people who do beat it have not been getting credit.

Qixter
* A big overhaul of the Stone Coatl Throne Room logic should make this scenario much more entertaining. (It also varies a lot depending on crew size, so try it out at different crew sizes also.)

Staging areas have been added so that a Crew can gather inside the scenario before triggering to make it start

I haven't tried it yet.  

lazy bonz

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 pm
lazy bonz
It's very tough to beat because of the lag, but most of the people who do beat it have not been getting credit.

Qixter
* A big overhaul of the Stone Coatl Throne Room logic should make this scenario much more entertaining. (It also varies a lot depending on crew size, so try it out at different crew sizes also.)

Staging areas have been added so that a Crew can gather inside the scenario before triggering to make it start

I haven't tried it yet.

I just beat Stone Coatl. Some random CL 10 dude in Gold Beach overheard me say to one of my friends that I hadn't yet beaten it and was like "I'll help you beat Stone Coatl". At first I thought he was dumb for being so cocky, but I was quickly proven to be wrong. We went in there, and he pwned it incredibly hard and was barely hurt by the thing. I didn't get how the fudge he did that considering I was getting owned so bad at CL 9.5, but whatever. So yeah, got the Badge for doing all of the Rin and Lin's quests and now I can go to the Shallow Sea on my own. Whoo!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:33 pm
Congrats. It seems to be much easier than it used to be.
I soloed it this afternoon. I didn't even use duct tape, just Teflon and Iron Will.
So now I can go to SS too! Yaaaay! xd

I wanna do endboss again.  

lazy bonz

Metal Soulhunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Actually it's easier to farm Gold Beach at CL 8.8 now that they updated it or something...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:41 pm
Chyaku Norisu Ninja

Actually it's easier to farm Gold Beach at CL 8.8 now that they updated it or something...

Easier? Yes.

Better? No.  

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:19 pm
Huh, I've been doing ok at 6.5

I still get a ton of orbs. (and I've got the angel set) Stuff does damage me a lot. I sicne my health isn't quite high enough, I do have to waste some time healing and regenerating my stamina, which is probably the only thing sliwing my orb farming. (I tend to get about 4 orbs every 3-6 animated I kill. Plus repeatable quests. (sand castle animated, anchor bugs, and Sand fluffs) plus the anchor bug location that has like eight plus the chest that seems to have about 12 orbs in it.
Maybe if I raise my CL a little bit more. (the Angel set rings with an exception to the Hunter's Bow) are all pretty low level for the area that I'm in.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:00 pm
that works but is sorta boring what i do is lower it lower then go fight with a partner and you get a ton of stuff.  

squid-taco

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:29 pm
OMG it liek sooo E-Z @ CL 10.0!

I r teh 1337z.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:51 pm
well if you get to a 10.0 and do ss/eb you get a few hundred orbs in a short time and rings that are 8.1+. also if you finish ss/eb, you go to the bar, talk to agatha, and guess what?? its a 10.0 ring of your choice!! its pretty fun, but takes alot of hard work and gets tiring.  

kristinacater94

6,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

winter rat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:08 pm
I just suppress to the CL of 7, and play Duneslam for orb farming. I'm 9.9 right now. SS/EB are great ways of farming, too.  
"TIZ" This... is... zOMG!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff