Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Watchmen Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ScarletFrost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:02 pm
Not a good movie for a lazy Saturday afternoon. It was chaotic and edgy enough to take the roof off your mouth. Many times I felt like walking out of the theater but the tickets were so darn expensive. Normally I like comic-book movies, but this one was too disturbing to really enjoy.

There was one moment just before the end involving the definition and reality of miracles that was really the saving grace of the movie.

All in all, I never want to see it again.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:38 pm
OMG! wHEN i I was a teenager and the graphic novel came out I was blown away!! Ive now waited 12 years for the movie and before I see it you say its a load of pants!! crying Burn witch burn!! LOL Only jozin! comic book adaptions rarely keep the spirit of there origin!  

-Stumblefoot-

Timid Punk

ScarletFrost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:19 pm
It was just so...I'm not sure how to describe it. Brutally realistic in the sickest ways, I guess. I've read comics that deal with the darker side of human nature before, western and eastern, no I'm not a cherry to the grim reality portrayed.

The whole movie felt like a series of images that a noob photographer takes of a war zone, trying to "artistically display the suffering of humanity."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:59 pm
I thought it was okay. A bit long for me, good thing I didn't drink anything or I would have been screwed. rofl

I didn't really like how I had no idea as to what was going on in the beginning, I was just like..Wait what? Okay, we're in the sixties looking at older Super heroes, now we're in the eighties looking at todays super heroes. It was to back and forth for me.
and if just confused me.

But the ending was good.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

loIitoads

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:55 am
ScarletFrost
It was just so...I'm not sure how to describe it. Brutally realistic in the sickest ways, I guess. I've read comics that deal with the darker side of human nature before, western and eastern, no I'm not a cherry to the grim reality portrayed.

The whole movie felt like a series of images that a noob photographer takes of a war zone, trying to "artistically display the suffering of humanity."

I agree that it was pointless bloody in some parts, but what do you expect of Snyder? However, to claim you've seen comics dealing with the darker side of human nature and then say that Watchmen went too far is sort of funny. My problem was that it didn't deal with human nature, it just had blood splashing everywhere, with no real analysis of the character's motives or depth to the suffering. The discussion on miracles was sadly cut up compared to the comic book version too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:55 pm
They got the look and feel right. They cut things out, only two of them things I cared about. They didn't back off the nudity or violence, which was a pleasant surprise. Nor did they soften things like the Comedian and Rorschach. I agree they had to simplify things. I am told they shot a lot of it and are putting it on the DvD. I don't like what they did with the end, but at least they didn't sell out. I loved the visuals and Jon and Rorschach were particularly well played, but Sally Jupiter was terrible and neither Adrian's actor, nor Laurel's were particularly good. The Owls, Comedian, and Moloch were fine. I was bummed they cut out captain metropolis, but I understood. Same with the people in the neighborhood. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I would have loved it more with better Ozymandias and Jupiters.  

NecHocNecIllud

Shameless Exhibitionist

36,375 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Comical Criminal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:13 pm
This forum is nonsense Watchmen is a great movie, how can you not like it? You must not have understood it and lost the concept or something because you make NO SENSE.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:05 pm
i thought the movie was a great adaptation of the comic.

d a s Z o m b i e

Clockwork Alchemist

Swashbuckling Bibliophile

37,325 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:40 am
Lolicat von Doom
ScarletFrost

I agree that it was pointless bloody in some parts, but what do you expect of Snyder? However, to claim you've seen comics dealing with the darker side of human nature and then say that Watchmen went too far is sort of funny. My problem was that it didn't deal with human nature, it just had blood splashing everywhere, with no real analysis of the character's motives or depth to the suffering. The discussion on miracles was sadly cut up compared to the comic book version too.

The graphic novel went deeper into the motives of the characters. in a lot of ways, the graphic novel was a response to the malaise of Reagan's America. Given the graphic novel's scope, the miracle is they causght any of the feel of the original.

I agree it makes more sense if one's read the source.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:53 pm
sankapoo
I thought it was okay. A bit long for me, good thing I didn't drink anything or I would have been screwed. rofl

I didn't really like how I had no idea as to what was going on in the beginning, I was just like..Wait what? Okay, we're in the sixties looking at older Super heroes, now we're in the eighties looking at todays super heroes. It was to back and forth for me.
and if just confused me.

But the ending was good.

seriously did u even read the comics and such? in the begining it in the 60s cuz thats when they were all loved and such then it goes to the 80's when they not needed anymore and its supposed to be that bloody  

xXNuclearDiffusionXx

winter_-princess77

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:08 pm
i never want to see watchmen again, it was to over the top and the music sucked. In fact the whole movie sucked. If they do another one, could someone please tell the blue man that walking around without clothing against the law stare  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:53 am
i never read the comic but i really didn't like the movie...  

Chittle-chan

KeeperOfPrisoners

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 pm
haven't seen it just yet. . . Damn Netflix.
Wanted to watch it in the theater but wasn't willing to sit in their crappy seats that long or pay the way inflated price.

I've read so many conflicted reviews. Some say you need to be familiar with the book. Others say if you liked the book, you'll hate the movie. GRRRRR  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:21 pm
Awkward_Turtle36
sankapoo

and if just confused me.

But the ending was good.

seriously did u even read the comics and such? in the begining it in the 60s cuz thats when they were all loved and such then it goes to the 80's when they not needed anymore and its supposed to be that bloody

Haha No, I didn't even know it was one until someone told me later.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Travis III

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:26 am
Watchmen is possibly the best movie I've seen all year, but I can understand why some might not like it.

In my opinion, Watchmen is intelligent, thought-provoking and compelling, with a great visual style and some kick-a** action scenes. The pacing is also a lot better than most movies. Despite it being longer than The Dark Knight, it actually felt to me like a much shorter movie. It also got me to check out the excellent graphic novel.  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff