Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
a scanner darkly Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

absolutezerocel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:21 pm
a really good movie and i liked it, despite the bad reviews it got... thought it was extremely entertaining and very psychological and subliminal

anybody agree, disagree??  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:32 pm
I couldn't sit through it. Even though I'm a fan of Phillip K. d**k's work, this movie just didn't work for me. It was interesting to look at, but after a while, it just got nauseating.

I'm sure it's a decent movie, I just didn't have the patience for it.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

23skiddoo

7,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:41 pm
I watched it for about 10 minutes then gave up, I couldn't handle it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:50 pm
I have yet to see it  

Rorschach Lives

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:57 pm
I saw a good 30 minutes of it and it was a bit dizzying. I thought something was wrong with my screen for a good 5 minutes before I realized it was animation on top of live action. I really only remember Rory's character cause he was pretty funny. It looked like a decent movie, but haven't gotten around to watching the rest of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:47 pm
I loved it.  

CaptainBaconMan

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:53 am
Can't say that I liked it to much. It was kind of weird and it bored me terribly.

Good concept though.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:10 pm
I have to admit it was kinda hard to watch and it had a sad ending.
wouldnt recommend watching it twice  

Nennieboy

Newbie Noob

2,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200

absolutezerocel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 pm
ah i see, well just wanted to see what other people thought, though i will admit that i could only sit through it once  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:10 am
It's one of my favourite movies. I find it both entertaining and thought-provoking, and I watch it quite regularly.  

Travis III

loIitoads

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:43 am
I think I posted my thoughts on the film in another thread, but I'll rehash here. I thought that the main strength of the film lay in the rotoscoping, rather than the acting, or the script. Even though the script was adapted from a Phillip K. d**k short story, it just didn't have the immediacy and psychological realism I expect from his work. I found the acting itself pretty sub-standard for the most part, too, and I'm not that great a fan of rotoscoping so that was lost on me too. I am glad I watched it, and would certainly recommend it, but I'm not sure if I'd call the film 'good'.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:29 am
When it first came out and I saw the previews on T.V. I really wanted to see it. I thought the animation of the movie was creative, but now that I read most of your comments about the movie causing dizziness to some and it may even be nauseating to some, I think there is good reason for the animation causing that. Mind you, I have never seen the movie, but would love to see it someday or soon.  

existolode

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:10 pm
If you've ever been an addict don't watch this movie and if you are, maybe you should. Between Keanu, Woody and Downey Jr. there were some funny parts. I think the rotoscoping was the main key to this movie. I'd see again if it happened to be on T.V.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:59 pm
Saint Kimo
If you've ever been an addict don't watch this movie and if you are, maybe you should. Between Keanu, Woody and Downey Jr. there were some funny parts. I think the rotoscoping was the main key to this movie. I'd see again if it happened to be on T.V.

I think there are better addicition films out there. I'm not a massive fan of Spun other than because it looks nice, but Requiem for a Dream is brilliant, unsurprisingly from Aronofsky.  

loIitoads

absolutezerocel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:43 pm
yeah thanks guys i like to hear all of you guys and your input...i really appreciate it

im pretty sure if i ever wanted to see a movie about addiction again i would watch mosterball again...  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff