Welcome to Gaia! ::

F.A.G. : Fierce Artist's Guild.

Back to Guilds

A guild for artists of all kinds. Critiques, Galleries, Contests. 

Tags: artists, critique, draw, manga, gallery 

Reply HOME.
Auction Pic. WIP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stupidcrackers
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:21 pm
(i'm feeling kinda retarded cuz i'm the only poster, but oh wellll)

here is a WIP for a joint art auction picturee (like the thing you see for the artist description)
we're doing yinyang/angels and demons.
i got an angel half, so i'm drawing my avatar as an angel :3
this is the sketch so far, what do you think?
i think the head might be too big, but idk....?
please critique, my lovessss
(oh and did i mention i love REDLINES???)
User Image
thanks for looking <33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:33 pm
I'm not too sure if it's too big or not...hmm....I don't know, I think it's just that you have the chin tilted. I think it's that you've made the center line of the face straight, for the most part, there should be a slight curve in that center line because the head's round and all that. It's just a very slight adjustment to the right, but I think that'll fix it up ^.^ It's looking great though! Can't wait to see it finished ^^  

Omen Nasai

800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

EgyptPsycho

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:05 pm
Ah, mine sucks compared to yours. D:
Must strive to do better!

I love the position of the body.
But...the way the arrow is being shot looks kinda awkward?
I dunno, I've never seen a crossbow before.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:03 am
The arrow isn't pulled all the way back yet, right? I wouldn't have put it at such a midpoint, if that makes sense? Either make it more taught, or more slack. That's just me though. I don't see anything else . <3  

II--Jinxii--II

Omen Nasai

800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:35 am
I see alot of people making a comment on the bow and they're not off. I've taken a little bit of archery which helps figuring out how a bow should look when it's being fired. When a bow starts out, before you pull it, it's just about straight up and down, and the string is straight. Right now your bow is actually straight but your string is pulled back. With the string pulled back as much as it is, the bow part should be arched. And the hand holding the bow, not the string, should be moved up a little and locked. Technically, the one pointing finger should be pulled in, that'll just throw the arrow off, but artistic liberty says it's fine to leave it out XD it' looks cooler that way.
Other then that it looks like you have a good position for a mid pull, and I'd keep it at a mid pull instead of a full pull because that would cover the face. ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:28 pm
OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH.
thanks for all of the crits <333

especially on the bow n' arrow since i was kinda clueless when i was drawing it, heh hehh...
i think i might reposition it to make it look better now that i can see its awkwardness, lol.
i shall work on it later this week and update!
thanks so much again!

stupidcrackers
Captain

Vireo
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:36 pm
Nice pose! I don't think the head is too big, I think it's positioned a little too far to the left (our left) though, making the neck look disjointed. If you just bring your head more into the middle, it should fix it up. smile

I love the legs too, nice work on those bends at the ankles. I always draw cankles. X_X  
HOME.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games