Welcome to Gaia! ::

F.A.G. : Fierce Artist's Guild.

Back to Guilds

A guild for artists of all kinds. Critiques, Galleries, Contests. 

Tags: artists, critique, draw, manga, gallery 

Reply HOME.
Tribal Chica WIP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonny

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:14 pm
Was looking through some ooooold drawings the other day and I always manage to come across one and think "oh, this one was kind of cool, but it sucks, so let me redraw it!"

So...that's what I started to do. THIS is the original done over FOUR YEARS AGO.

And here's the new sketch...

User Image

I do intend to scale her head down before I transfer it, but I've already fixed so much on it I don't know that I'll have the patience to do much more to it. But if anyone points something out before I start the inking process and I decide it bothers me too much, I'll fix it some more XD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:32 am
I think it looks great so far Sonny. My only complaint is that her eyes are staring off into space.. But I'm sure you'll fix that with inks/colours  

Vireo
Crew

Omen Nasai

800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:45 am
O........O
I think...
On some small level...
I hate you >.<

XD It's amazing dear, and the improvement from the original is mind blowing! I've tried finding litle nit-picky things to tell you about before you ink it so you can fix it, but I'm too distracted by it I think >.< It's looking amazing. Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to draw this? I have a terrible habit of never really spending long on the original sketches sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:18 am
Thanks guys :3

Her eyes have kinda been bugging me too, they're misplaced somehow on top of having a blank stare.

As far as the time it took to draw it...gosh I'm always so bad at keeping up with it. I usually get side tracked when I'm drawing and it takes me forever to finish a sketch, but my pencil may have only been touching the paper for 15 minutes total.

For this one... I sketched it really late one night in probably 30 minutes tops, then I spent a little longer the next morning just kind of darkening the lines and cleaning it up some (my sketches are so messy) and came back to it that night to fix all the stuff that was wrong with it. So you can kinda see how my attention span works...

So maybe an hour total? I'm not sure gonk  

Sonny

Greedy Fatcat

Omen Nasai

800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:41 am
lol XD I see, well that's better then me I guess. I have a bad habit of forcing myself to finish a drawing all in one sitting. I spend maybe 15 minutes on the sketch and the rest of the time coloring it. I have a short attention span too...so working like this kinda...kills stuff XD because I start cutting corners. I'm gonna try and stop doing that from now on! *determined look*  
HOME.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games