Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]
Olaf Wilfred Breivik

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ladybrittania

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:41 am

Olaf Wilfred Breivik
User Image
December 31, 1934-December 30, 2003.
Loving husband, father, grandfather, brother, son.
Dad, you will live on forever in our hearts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:30 am
User Image

Words of praise
will never perish
nor a noble name.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

This charity has been created in honour of my dad. This was my dad:

User Image

My dad was a true viking! He was proud to be of Norwegian descent, he was the strongest man I knew, and he loved his family, pets and good friends very much. He could do anything - electronics, carpentry, computer programming, drafting, housework, cooking...anything. He was a strict dad, but he loved us very much. His favourite family time was spent sharing a good lunch with pickled herring, goat cheese sandwiches, Aquavit and a beer. He loved to work with his hands, and spent a lot of time managing his 18 acre forested property.

In 2002, he was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, which is a type of blood and bone marrow cancer. He had tumours on his sternum, ribs and vertebrae. He was in a lot of pain and lost a lot of his physical strength. He couldn't even turn the steering wheel in the car to drive. Losing this control frustrated him tremendously. He underwent chemotherapy, radiation and a bone marrow transplant. The chemo weakened his heart and he died of heart failure on December 30th, 2003. On December 31st, he would have celebrated his 69th birthday.

Viking symbols remind me of my dad, so that I why in 2008, I chose this item for my quest. In 2009, I completed my quest of collecting 1000 viking helms in his honour, and now I am turning my success over to help others! I am a strong person because of my dad. Completing this quest and starting this charity is another step I am taking to honour him and his memory. I loved him very much!

ladybrittania

Cute Killer Bun-Bun

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:29 pm
Many hugs to you. He definately sounds like he enjoyed life.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:04 pm
Thank you. Yes, he absolutely enjoyed, at least...his life after retirement. He was so lucky to retire at 55 and build his house in Haliburton.
Although he wasn't a very "happy" dad when I was really young, and he was very strict, he still always had good family values and we spent a lot of time together. I understand now why he was so strict; he really thought it was the type of father he had to be in order to make us good people when we grew up.
He was so creative, but so organized! He was so meticulous in all of the tasks he did: electrical work, carpentry, computer programming...
Oh, and he LOVED animals. My love for nature and animals absolutely came from my dad.

ladybrittania

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 am
*hugs* I didn't look at this before, but he died on my birthday. I'll have to remember that and light a candle for him that day! heart Very glad you shared with everyone this part of your life that was so important to you smile  
Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games