Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]
John Clark, my father

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you told anyone you love them today?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Cute Killer Bun-Bun

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:04 pm
I lost my father to lung cancer when I was 18. He had been fighting it for just over 2 year when he passed away. I had just joined the Navy and was in my first training school and was called to the office one evening to be informed that he had less than 24 hours to live.

I was given a plane ticket for the next day and sent home for a week to see him and attend the funeral. I did not make it in time to see him that one last time and to this day I deeply regret it. He passed away just a couple of hours before my plane arrived.

I think what I regret the most was that I never did get to tell him how much I loved him and he never got the chance to tell me how proud of me he was. I know he was but never got the chance for him to say it.

Let this be a lesson to all of you to never put off telling a loved on how much they mean to you. It has been over 25 years since he passed away and I still wish I could have told him.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:56 pm
Sho Tenka
umm hi im sorry you don't know me from anywhere but i just had a question do you by any chance have younger siblings (strange question yes i know ) i'm just curious because my girlfriend see she lost her father the same way and john clark was his name also .. and shes been looking for her siblings ever since cause shes a half child i know John Clark is a common name but just though i should ask ..from what i know she was told she has a sibling in you area .. i was just curious if it was possibly you ... im seriously sorry if i came out as rude in anyways ...

again im sorry if i troubled you

I couldn't reply to your PM because you have it set to "friends only".

To the best of my knowledge I do not have any half siblings from either my father or my mother. I do have two older brothers and an older sister and all of us live in the same town. My father died over 25 years ago back in '84. They were only married to each other and to the best of my knowledge didn't have any other relationships.

BTW, your asking didn't bother me at all.  

Cute Killer Bun-Bun

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items