Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Music Room
MTV stands for Music Television. Where's all the music? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:59 am
MTV sucks now. It was better as a 24-hour music channel. And it only shows gangsta rap and pretty boys when it does show music.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:18 am
they've been consumed by ratings and money, just like everything else. next thing you know, there'll be an MTV3 for the same reason they made MTV2, which is now full of BS just like MTV.
heck, I even remember when VH1 used to be all music, and that's the only reason my mom or any of us had the tv on.

freaxy
Crew

Mikiba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:40 am
MTV is awful now. There's barely any music...if you want music on an MTV type channel, you'll have to get MTV 2 or 3. I guess they seem to think that teenagers (because that's who they're catering to here, let's just put that out there) would respond better to all those trashy reality shows. =/ It sucks. VH1 has become the same way...I'm kinda glad I don't have cable anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:59 am
I loved MTV and VH1 when they first hit the air wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back when! Now, I rarely watch it except if something catches my eye now. There's really no good music channels now. Even CMT went to showing a lot of non-music shows and weird reality stuff... rolleyes  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

TUSHYNIPS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:17 am
I like the reality shows on MTV and VH1 and I agree the music has over the years seemed to have vanished. I have Digital cable and on channels 500 to 550 you get every kind of music channel. I clean my house and listen to them.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:28 am
TUSHYNIPS
I like the reality shows on MTV and VH1 and I agree the music has over the years seemed to have vanished. I have Digital cable and on channels 500 to 550 you get every kind of music channel. I clean my house and listen to them.

I miss having those channels. I used to do the same thing. Music makes housework more bareable, lol!  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

JupieStarPower6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:46 am
It is really annoying that they don't play music. I miss music videos. Now I just go to Youtube when I want to watch something. I don't even bother, except if I see Pop up video on VH1. Then I might stop and watch.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:19 pm
On digital freeview here we get two music channels - 4Music and TMF (The Music Factory - MTV/VH1 affiliated, gets all the crappy reality show cast offs).

They are both almost as bad as MTV went. Although they do still show music videos, just not of good songs stressed  

Eiji

5,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

lostphrack

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:59 pm
The last good MTV channel was MTV X, but then they killed that and turned it into MTV Jams which has since evolved into the dreaded MTV Hits. Now the best place for music video's is probably youtube or some other online video site.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:46 pm
There's always MTV2.... no wait... Nevermind  

MHHornfreak

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Filia_Nox_Noctis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:48 pm
For a while MTV showed videos from like 3 in the morning till 6 CST then they quit, so to show them up NatGeo (National Geographic Channel) started from 2 am to 6 am CST every morning playing music from all over the world. In response MTV brought out FNmtv playing late night videos, they have since either cut back the number of nights it shows or cut it all together. VH1 still does Nocturnal State which is late night videos followed by jumpstart at about 5 or 6 which is the Top 20 list. NatGeo no longer shows videos, but for a while they claimed more music video time than Music Television.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:18 pm
I stopped watching MTV years ago. I could handle Liquid Television as some of the animations on there were really neat. But when the channel started showing reality based shows, thats when I quit watching.
Who cares who Paris Hilton wants to claim as her next abuse victim.  

Irahatam

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

g0dless420

Wheezing Smoker

6,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:23 pm
I must admit, that I still occassionally watch MTV, but its just to feel better about myself. Watching some random girl go into a hyperspace panic when her diamonds arent big enough for her "Super Sweet 16"... or to watch the horrible antics on "Parental Control" (I do really enjoy that show).

I think the only show in the last ... uhm... 10 years?, thats had any good quality was Rob and Big... just my 2cents.

Thank god for youtube though. I dont miss MTV at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:50 pm
I don't mind a few shows because they're amusing at times. But to only play music for an hour or two a day on a channel which calls itself 'Music Television' is absolutely ridiculous. It's been overrun by reality shows which are becoming more and more redundant and are only popular because of the sheer amount of sex, alcoholism and violence which is aired.  

asylum lane

Wheezing Elder

22,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Survivor 150

Venuslady

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:32 pm
Sheesh.... as far as I'm conceerned, all MTV and VH1 are nowadays are a big T & A show! scream  
Music Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff