Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
They ruined Erogon the movie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zanyzarah

King Strawberry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:50 pm
If u have ever read the books Eragon and/or Eldest u will know that they RUINED THE MOVIE ERAGON!!!!! my reasons for hateing the movie (and still loving the book) are:

1.they got rid of the twins and they play a HUGE part in the books
2.they didnt thave the whole fire and uncle scene when he had to get his uncle to the village
3. they practicly got rid of the cousin
4.what the HECK is up with the sorcerer guy?
i can go on and on....but i wont

u can rant about what YOU hate about the movie if you want  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:49 am
They ********' butchered the movie.  

ApocalypticDonkeyCrap

Artist89

Fashionable Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 am
Hollywood f***ed that book up so bad. I still read it and all, but everytime I imagine Eragons dragon *name slips me right now* I see that hideous movie all over again. >>  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:26 pm
That movie disgusted me and I now use it as the prime example of the best "worst book to movie adaption". Even if you hadn't read the book and just watched the movie, nien out of ten are likely to agree that it either "scuked" or wasn't worth watching. Yeah, I've asked a lot of people their opinions on it and the ones that actually liked it were young children. Twelve bucks for that s**t? ******** unbelievable! I loved the books and I still read them, however, as an aspiring writer myself I feel bad when I think of Christopher Paolini and how this movie must have made him feel. I can only imagine it's somehting similar to someone raping his book, spitting on it, and then setting it on fire.

The Mumbling Reaper

Ultra_jill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:00 am
The Mumbling Reaper
That movie disgusted me and I now use it as the prime example of the best "worst book to movie adaption". Even if you hadn't read the book and just watched the movie, nien out of ten are likely to agree that it either "scuked" or wasn't worth watching. Yeah, I've asked a lot of people their opinions on it and the ones that actually liked it were young children. Twelve bucks for that s**t? ******** unbelievable! I loved the books and I still read them, however, as an aspiring writer myself I feel bad when I think of Christopher Paolini and how this movie must have made him feel. I can only imagine it's somehting similar to someone raping his book, spitting on it, and then setting it on fire.

Thank you for posting this rant its exactly what I feel  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:33 pm
ApocalypticDonkeyCrap
They ********' butchered the movie.
And this quote doesn't begin to summarize how awful and boring that flick was.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Hojipoon

Questionable Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:23 am
User Image
I know D:
I was very sad, I was sorta excited to see a movie about it, cause I love the series, but they changed so much and took away so much D:
It made me wanna kick a baby D:
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 am
I was looking forward to the movie but it was disappointing how much they had left out of it.
I liked reading the books much more than watching the movie  

Dark_Night1_Wing

Ichiryu001

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 am
You know... i really liked the series of novels and was like really exited when i heard they were making a movie of it but when my family and i went to see it i was so disgusted by it that i made some comments that got me kicked out of the cinema sweatdrop . that movie was a disgrace to the book... i mean come on how could they cut out the were-cat dude who told the prophecy of the stone and the tree. and since when do dragons take seconds to grow to full size?! like...urggh gonk ...WTF MAN
scream

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 pm
I think for me the movie just cut out alot of important people and events that were in the book... The book had so much detail and the movie didn't. Also for whatever reason Saphira sounded really stupid on the movie... The movie really was horribly done!  

Sar_Sarita

Tales of Yore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:52 pm

I read the book once and wasn't too impressed. Then, I watched the movie one day because it was on TV, and it was just terrible.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:31 am
The twins? I wouldn't say they played a huge role, but nevertheless they shouldn't have cut them. The main thing that annoys me is Aria. What the ******** did they do to her? Firstly, not once did they even mention that she was an elf, secondly the fact that she was a princess was meant to be a massive secret but the goes ahead and blurts is out as soon as she is introduced. And then there's her character. She is supposed to be an ancient, wise, mysterious being, not a damsel in distress. Also, she is supposed to be a major character. How much screen time did she get?

And then there's Angela. To begin with, her actress could not act at all. Secondly, they practically scrapped her character (which was a brilliant character) and replaced it with... well nothing. And the lack of the ware-cat Solembum and his prophesy makes a sequel impossible, but that's probably for the best. The book has taken enough butchering already.

The whole thing was rushed as well. Admittedly, the book shared a lot of plot with Star Wars, but the detail in the books which separates the two stories is not present in the film. Right, rant over.  

knightofthe21stcentury

Disappointing Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff