Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]
Beloved Pets lost to cancer. Please post pics and stories Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cute Killer Bun-Bun

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 am
User Image

That is Riley, my sisters cat, who dies fron stomach cancer on Thanksgiving last year. She had him for many years and he was a beloved member of the family. He was a very odd cat but very lovable. He is missed greatly.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:32 am
User Image

This is Foxie. We had to put her down last March but not to cancer. She ended up having very severe doggy dimensia and was going down hill very fast. She was a wonderful dog and she is also very missed.  

Cute Killer Bun-Bun

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Changed Username 1234

7,150 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:01 pm
We had a cat with feline lukemia who had to be put down. That was probably 14 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:02 am
Stickied. This is something a lot of people can share in. 3nodding  

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300

Xxvamp girl_101xX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:00 pm
I had a doggy she died not even a month ago with terminal cancer.She was only 4 years old, but she stilll left memories and fellings behind her. Right now Dutches is located in my back yard. I woke up one morning to her screaming, and crying I have a whole guild in memory of her. It's called: In memory of Dutches Marie tipping (A cancer fighter.) Please join to keep Dutches alive to keep her in your heart! To support her. Join so she's not just another animal that no one knew about. A lost soul on the train of fate. I promised her before she died she would not be another soul the world forgot, but I can;t keep that promise on my own I NEED HELP TO KEEP HER STORY ALIVE! Please join to keep Dutches's memory alive! A picture of Dutches Marie:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:08 am
I had two femail dogs, Snowball (Siberian Husky), and Whisper (Cocker Spanial). both where 13 when Snowball had almost 4 tumors in her stomach and we had her put down gonk crying

almost a year later the exact same thing happened to Whisper... That happend only a few months ago...  

MarchtheBurg

Dangerous Seeker

7,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

BuckDich6604

1,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 am
User Image
his name was sabastion was a great dog  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:49 am
My rabbit Butterscotch died a few years ago from cancer of the uterus. She was pretty sick, but she held on for a long time. As we took her to the vet to be put down, she decided to die on her own terms in the car. I was very glad I got to hold her as she passed on to better places, and that she died when she was ready, not because the vet decided she was. She was very spunky and sassy and I miss her very much. heart  

Raenda

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

Cute Killer Bun-Bun

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:06 am
Raenda
My rabbit Butterscotch died a few years ago from cancer of the uterus. She was pretty sick, but she held on for a long time. As we took her to the vet to be put down, she decided to die on her own terms in the car. I was very glad I got to hold her as she passed on to better places, and that she died when she was ready, not because the vet decided she was. She was very spunky and sassy and I miss her very much. heart
We had a rabbit when I was stationed in Hawaii for several years. It took a bit of time before our husky was used to him but somewhere we have a picture of Sparks sitting on Foxie and she was totally ignoring him. Hugz for your loss.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 pm
User Image

I had this dog since I was born. My mom had gotten him before she gave birth to me and I grew up with him. When I was seven a lump started growing on his side, me and my family didn't think much of it. A year later in August we came home and Eddie was on the floor not dead but barely able to move. We took him to the vet and he died of Bone Cancer.  

kittenboodle

Anxious Fatcat

Cute Killer Bun-Bun

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:35 pm
BabyXHoneyXBee
User Image

I had this dog since I was born. My mom had gotten him before she gave birth to me and I grew up with him. When I was seven a lump started growing on his side, me and my family didn't think much of it. A year later in August we came home and Eddie was on the floor not dead but barely able to move. We took him to the vet and he died of Bone Cancer.
Hugz. Loosing a pet is always hard and especially when you are young.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:58 pm
Cute Killer Bun-Bun
BabyXHoneyXBee
User Image

Thank you for the hugs. He was loved pet and is still remembered even with two new puppies in the home  

kittenboodle

Anxious Fatcat

Cute Killer Bun-Bun

9,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:10 pm
BabyXHoneyXBee
Cute Killer Bun-Bun
BabyXHoneyXBee
User Image

Thank you for the hugs. He was loved pet and is still remembered even with two new puppies in the home
I had to take one of our dogs to the vet to get put to sleep and it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Foxie was much loved but she had doggy dimensia and had gone over the deep end. My son was very close to her and it really hurt him. When we did get a new pet I let him pick and we now have a wonderful German Sheppard and she is much loved as well. My son occasionally has the urge to have her sent to where he lives but since he lives in the barracks that isn't really possible. What type of puppies do you have?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:12 pm
Cute Killer Bun-Bun
BabyXHoneyXBee
Cute Killer Bun-Bun
BabyXHoneyXBee
User Image

I had to take one of our dogs to the vet to get put to sleep and it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Foxie was much loved but she had doggy dimensia and had gone over the deep end. My son was very close to her and it really hurt him. When we did get a new pet I let him pick and we now have a wonderful German Sheppard and she is much loved as well. My son occasionally has the urge to have her sent to where he lives but since he lives in the barracks that isn't really possible. What type of puppies do you have?

I have a german shepard collie mix and a rotwhiler german shepard mix  

kittenboodle

Anxious Fatcat

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:21 pm
I had a beautiful border collie named Nani. Her name meant pretty or beautiful in hawaiian and it suited her well. December 26th, 2009 was when we lost her to canine lymphoma. She was diagnosed in october, I believe when the cancer had already reached stage 3 or 4. The doctor said that there was pretty much no hope for her. Most dogs that get this cancer die within two the three months. Those dogs that receive chemotherapy die typically die within 6-8 months. It got really bad. There was one point where she started having trouble breathing and couldn't sleep. That was the worst christmas ever, because we knew it would be our last christmas with her! crying  
Memorials [honor your loved ones with a permanent and always editable Memorial]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff