Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Junior x DBSK x SHINee Guild

Back to Guilds

Come to share your love for Super Junior, DBSK (Tohoshinki) and SHINee here! 

Tags: Super Junior, DBSK, TVXQ, SHINee, Tohoshinki 

Reply Super Junior
[Mar-31-09] Royal Pirates; "Sorry Sorry" Rock Cover

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tamasawr
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:55 pm
Quote:
Super Junior’s single “Sorry, Sorry” has already been covered by many people on YouTube but the cover by Royal Pirates’ is the best by far.

Royal Pirates is an independent rock band out of Southern California and its members are Moonchul (vocals/guitar) and Sooyoon (drums). They have a great sound despite the fact that they’re only a 2-piece band. This isn’t their first Kpop cover but it’s arguably their best one so far.

In my opinion, I think Super Junior’s original version of “Sorry, Sorry” pales in comparison to Royal Pirates’ rock version. I myself play the guitar and I’ve been in a few garage bands that never officially made it out of the garage. As a result, I’m partial towards independent rock bands and the beautifully coarse sound of a heavily distorted electric guitar. I’m sure most of you hardcore Kpop fans won’t agree with me that Royal Pirates’ version of “Sorry, Sorry” is better than Super Junior’s version, but you have to admit that Royal Pirates did a pretty damn good job covering the song.

Like I said before, this isn’t their first Kpop cover. They’ve also done a rock version of DBSK’s “Mirotic” as well as a rock version of Wonder Girls’ “Nobody."

Royal Pirates has also done covers of songs from Britney Spears and MUSE plus they have one original song on their YouTube page. If you’re interested, you can find even more info about them on their myspace page.

"Sorry Sorry" Cover
Royal Pirate's Myspace
Royal Pirate's Youtube

Note; If you've noticed in the off topic thread, I posted Royal Pirate's cover of "Nobody." Haha, long time ago. And now they're back! Super stoked. They did a good job.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:19 am
They sing really good. ^^
I really like their cover for Super Junior's 'Sorry Sorry'
very much!!!! whee
They're so awesome!

s u n n y _ l o t u s

Catterly
Crew

Resilient Dragon

7,575 Points
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Resilient Restorer 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:58 am
They're very talented. I watched their Mirotic video as well, but Sorry Sorry was better. Good job guys!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:34 pm
they're awsome  

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

In Colour

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:29 pm
OMG I actually really like it! I may tune nab it xD 8'D  
Super Junior

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers