Welcome to Gaia! ::

F.A.G. : Fierce Artist's Guild.

Back to Guilds

A guild for artists of all kinds. Critiques, Galleries, Contests. 

Tags: artists, critique, draw, manga, gallery 

Reply HOME.
My first PS art after the tutorial...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

view
+
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

Lokhen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:15 am
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/lokhen/Untitled-2.png

Hello Guildsmate after reading the tutorial I did some PS art. I wanted to know your comments or critics about it. I really don't know how to make the hair more realistic so please help with it even though I tried while reading the tutorial I guess I suck with hair. Oh yeah before I forgot I wanted to learn also how to blend colors. Thank you! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:51 am
You know, that's pretty good.
Might wanna practise a little on that line-art but other than that it's really good.
That colouring-tutorial seemed to be helpful. ^^

[Click here for DeviantArt gallery]

Tempestiel
Crew

Lonely Prophet

Lokhen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:47 am
Varulvsnatt
You know, that's pretty good.
Might wanna practise a little on that line-art but other than that it's really good.
That colouring-tutorial seemed to be helpful. ^^

[Click here for DeviantArt gallery]

absolutely! I really wanted to draw a nice realilstic hair. Yeah, was so surprised with the result that I forgot to do a finishing with the lines.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:13 pm
confused The tutorial had you lay out the colors like that? Interesting... I don't think I've seen one do that. I guess it was to help with lighting and such. For realistic hair, though, you'll need to do some detail work. (Good tutorial, albeit different technique. You can apply some of the info here, though.)

For blending colors, you can lower your opacity and use the eye dropper tool to help you get the right tones. There are a lot of different techniques for blending, though, so I would suggest searching for a tutorial that peaks your interest and go from there.  

euclids_triangle

Dapper Phantom

Lokhen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:05 pm
euclids_triangle
confused The tutorial had you lay out the colors like that? Interesting... I don't think I've seen one do that. I guess it was to help with lighting and such. For realistic hair, though, you'll need to do some detail work. (Good tutorial, albeit different technique. You can apply some of the info here, though.)

For blending colors, you can lower your opacity and use the eye dropper tool to help you get the right tones. There are a lot of different techniques for blending, though, so I would suggest searching for a tutorial that peaks your interest and go from there.

thank you!

I will try it on my next drawing. smile

thank you for the tutorial site  
HOME.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas