Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Alice in Tim Burtonland Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tim and Alice....good idea?
  YES (I love them both!)
  YES (But I think it will bomb)
  NO (Tim Burton is evil!)
  NO (Alice in wonderland is evil!)
  NO (I am a troubled mind and hate them both)
  I don't know
  What the heck are you talking about?
  I don't care...leave me alone
View Results

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:25 pm
This is my first time creating a thread! I hope I did it right!

Have any of you guys heard about the new Alice in Wonderland slated to come out next year? Its directed by Tim Burton which I think will be very interesting. It will definitely be darker than the old Disney animated version. Personally I've always thought Alice in Wonderland was a bit creepy anyway. Its live action mixed with cg and is also supposed to be in 3D. i can't remember the other actors but the one that jumped out at me was that Johnny Depp is going to play the Mad Hatter. A sweeney todd style mad hatter maybe? Idk... What do you guys think? Have you heard of any other actors? Maybe a link to a clip of it? Do you think its an oscar in the making or is it seriously going to bomb?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:18 am
You did it right. lol

I agree with you, it is going to be way darker because well Tim Burton does that kind of stuff...
There is a picture of Johnny Depp
http://www.thepopsite.com/ThePopSite...l-rock/?ref=xn
Not really matching but... Creepy...
Everything is turning 3D again like the old era... My place doesn't support 3D most of the time so..  

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:04 am
Thanks for posting!

*sob* I clicked the link and it didn't work. Am going to see if I can just type it in... Must see Johnny Depp in big hat...

Ya know I haven't been to see any 3D movies in a while.... I think the last time I saw one I was in Disneyworld. I'm not even sure if those 3D glasses will fit over my real glasses!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:12 pm
Bonniebluejeans
Thanks for posting!

*sob* I clicked the link and it didn't work. Am going to see if I can just type it in... Must see Johnny Depp in big hat...

Ya know I haven't been to see any 3D movies in a while.... I think the last time I saw one I was in Disneyworld. I'm not even sure if those 3D glasses will fit over my real glasses!

Here is pic
http://www.dancewithshadows.com/movies/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/johnny-depp-alice-in-wonderland-photo.jpg
I wanted to watch Coraline in 3D but movie was not supported.  

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:04 pm
ymPsiegetanK
Bonniebluejeans
Thanks for posting!

Here is pic
http://www.dancewithshadows.com/movies/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/johnny-depp-alice-in-wonderland-photo.jpg

OMG! That is seriously freaky. And I thought he was creepy in Charlie and the chocolate factory. Daaaang. Still interested in movie though.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:04 pm
I love Alice In Wonderland. I love Tim Burton.
I don't love them together.

I'm a huge fan of Lewis Carroll's books and the Disney adaption of the film. The books are decidedly fantastic. I'm tired of people trying to put a "dark" twist on this masterpiece.  

[Hollow Point]

Mikashi_Rinkuto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:01 pm
[Hollow Point]

I'm a huge fan of Lewis Carroll's books and the Disney adaption of the film. The books are decidedly fantastic. I'm tired of people trying to put a "dark" twist on this masterpiece.

I actually think a dark twist is just what it needs, though throwing Tim Burton and Johny Depp is just asking for stereotype. I don't think I made sense?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:12 pm
i cannot wait for this to come out!
isnt johnny depp gonna play the mad hatter?
that is gonna be so super smexy! xp  

LucyInTheSkyWithDiamondsX

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:41 am
LucyInTheSkyWithDiamondsX
i cannot wait for this to come out!
isnt johnny depp gonna play the mad hatter?
that is gonna be so super smexy! xp

I thought so too at first. Then I saw a picture of him that ymPsiegetanK posted at the top. surprised Smexy isn't the word I'd use. I like him better as a pirate xp  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:02 pm
I think it would be cool. Alice in Wonderland really seems right up Tim Burton's alley.

And that picture of Johnny Depp doesn't look dark to me at all. Weird, maybe, but not dark. The colors are too warm to be dark.. But you never know. It could be.  

Holy_Andraste

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:13 pm
Mikashi_Rinkuto
[Hollow Point]

I actually think a dark twist is just what it needs, though throwing Tim Burton and Johny Depp is just asking for stereotype. I don't think I made sense?

It is just asking xD  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:59 pm
I don't see how Alice in Wonderland needs anymore dark twists, considering the story itself is rather dark to begin with. I wish that Depp would take more serious roles though, I hate the roles he takes with Burton, and the PotC one slightly less. The man is a great actor, but he goes for rubbish roles that have 14-year old goth girls swooning over him.  

loIitoads

Chokolate Thief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:04 pm
ymPsiegetanK
Bonniebluejeans
Thanks for posting!

Here is pic

ooh that's creepy. I'm excited for the movie!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:06 pm
Chokolate Thief
ymPsiegetanK
Bonniebluejeans
Thanks for posting!

Here is pic

ooh that's creepy. I'm excited for the movie!

He looks shockingly like Siouxsie Sioux back in the day.  

loIitoads

netherfreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Holy_Andraste
I think it would be cool. Alice in Wonderland really seems right up Tim Burton's alley.

And that picture of Johnny Depp doesn't look dark to me at all. Weird, maybe, but not dark. The colors are too warm to be dark.. But you never know. It could be.

Tim Burton can make yellow dark. That's what makes him amazing! I think it's going to be amazing and I'm not worried at all about the 'darkness' of the movie.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff