Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Lala Chat. General chat & Spam
Discovering New Music

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loIitoads

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 am
I enjoy music just as much as I enjoy film, and to this end, I hope you will all take part in this thread, and introduce one another to new music. Basically, post a youtube/alternative link to a song, the next poster comments on it, whether they liked it, why not and so on. Try to be just a touch more eloquent that 'I didn't like it', and analyse why you didn't, and whether that is a good reason or you need to be open-minded, just the same as you would with a film.

To begin, one of if not my absolute favourite artist, Sleater-Kinney. The song is Entertain from their album The Woods.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:41 pm
At first I wasn't really sold on the song; it sounded more like noise than it did music. But as I continued to listen to it, I found the hook really catchy, and actually kind of liked it. I wasn't a fan of the distorted guitars, but overall I really enjoyed it.

Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_DOQ1hlneA
It's Metric's "Patriarch on a Vespa" from their album Live it Out. These guys are definitely one of my favorite bands.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

loIitoads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:09 am
Hmmm, I remember when the album came out it wasn't so well received by Pitchfork, so I sort of overlooked it, but I actually really liked the vocals. I'm not too fond of the guitarist, who sounds a bit tired, but I might check out the album for the vocalist, she's good.

Next, the Thermals Pillar of Salt, a single and one of the best songs from their album The Body, the Blood, the Machine.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:52 am
That's a great song! I really liked the meaning of the song. ^^

Here's one of my favorite songs from /ucifer Datenshi Blue  

Lord_Donivon

Lala Chat. General chat & Spam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out