Transgenderism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

freaxy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:50 pm
I just thought I'd see where the geezers of gaia stand on transgenderism, so feel free to discuss your point of view.

Oh, and here's something to read: Our Trans Children

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:39 pm
anyone?  

freaxy
Crew

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:00 am
I don't fully understand what we are supposed to say about it. They're transgenders. So what?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:38 am
hmm...guess I figured there'd be more discussion. not complaining  

freaxy
Crew

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:07 am
This is either touchy subject or more likely that doesn't trouble people at this guild. I did read the article and found it well-written and precisely aimed for certain target group.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:37 am
Veddhartha
This is either touchy subject or more likely that doesn't trouble people at this guild. I did read the article and found it well-written and precisely aimed for certain target group.
that's kind of what I was thinking...that people just kinda shrug it off as something they really don't care all too much about, or it's touchy and they don't want to talk about it or have nothing good to say.
...or, most people are too lazy to check the subforums.lol

freaxy
Crew

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:41 pm
I wasn't complaining, just saying that I don't understand what we're supposed to say. If someone were to start a topic that said, "What is your opinion on heterosexuals", no one would have anything to say. Now, if you take the same topic of heterosexuals and said, "Do you think heterosexuals are confused?", then you'll get responses because then you have brought up an inquiry.

Of course the tricky part is trying to present an inquiry without voicing your own opinion so as to not influence people's responses. A lot of people do this by using the most common arguements from both sides as examples and then asking for people's personal opinions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:27 am
yeah, I couldn't think of an inquiry. sweatdrop  

freaxy
Crew

Boudica Celtic Queen

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:32 am
Everything thing I've seen on this topic shows me that, like gays, transgenders know at a very young age something is different about them. The main thing with transgenders is the strong feeling they were supposed to be born the opposite sex. They are not gay, they feel very strongly that they were born "wrong." If you watch shows that totally involve talking to transgenders, you learn a lot of what it was like growing up, the depression they felt being in the wrong body and the feeling of rebirth when they get the surgery. It is a very long process they must go through to make that final change. Regular therapy, livng as the opposite sex for a year before surgery, hormone pills - they go through a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:12 pm
This reminds me of an episode of Maury when he had a FTM individual on the show. The individual stated that being born in the gender that is opposite of how one feels they should have been born was actually a defect caused when the brain signals do not reach the rest of the body, causing them to develop as one gender instead of the other (sorry if I sound confusing).

I personally have mixed feelings, but ultimately believe that everyone has a right (or should have the right) to live their life as they see fit, provided they are not harming the livelihood of anyone else.  

lunaci

Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff