Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
My gay vampire is cooler than yours~! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SO?
  Edward
  Lestat
View Results

Crescent-doll

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:05 am
Duke it out ladies and gents'! Who is the better vampire? Lestat or Edward?
Old school vs. the New. Tell us who is your favorite and why?

Oh and strictly movie versions. Try not to think of the epic things they've done in the books not portrayed in the movies.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:40 pm
I didn't think either of them was all that great, though it has been some time since I've seen Queen of the Damned and Interview with the Vampire. Vampires aren't really my thing; I much prefer the tortured soul that is Frankenstein's monster. In any case, I suppose Lestat would be a better vampire, merely because he actually has weaknesses, unlike Edward who is practically God-like. I've always enjoyed the interplay of sexuality and physical weakness within the vampire; Edward kind of destroys that.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

loIitoads

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:54 pm
RedWhiteBlack
I didn't think either of them was all that great, though it has been some time since I've seen Queen of the Damned and Interview with the Vampire. Vampires aren't really my thing; I much prefer the tortured soul that is Frankenstein's monster. In any case, I suppose Lestat would be a better vampire, merely because he actually has weaknesses, unlike Edward who is practically God-like. I've always enjoyed the interplay of sexuality and physical weakness within the vampire; Edward kind of destroys that.

Frankenstein's monster pushes too many conservative ideas for my liking.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:45 pm
Lolicat von Doom
RedWhiteBlack

Really? I always found Frankenstein to be much more of a centrist type of story as opposed to conservative or liberal. I think it rejects the notions of neo-classicalism in favor of the romantic; but even then, it doesn't commit itself entirely to the romantic ideal, so I'd be more willing to argue a centrist view.

But in any case, this is a thread about vampires, and not Frankenstein's monster. Let's try and stay on topic!  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:00 am
RedWhiteBlack
Lolicat von Doom
RedWhiteBlack

Really? I always found Frankenstein to be much more of a centrist type of story as opposed to conservative or liberal. I think it rejects the notions of neo-classicalism in favor of the romantic; but even then, it doesn't commit itself entirely to the romantic ideal, so I'd be more willing to argue a centrist view.

But in any case, this is a thread about vampires, and not Frankenstein's monster. Let's try and stay on topic!

I love reading your guys post. I admire your intellectual prose on film. And I thought me and my Friend were movie nuts.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:04 am
Oh by the way Lestat.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:58 am
User Image
Although it's been a while since I've seen any kind of vampire movie, and my memory tends to be short. emo  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:07 pm
Quixotic Faye
User Image
Although it's been a while since I've seen any kind of vampire movie, and my memory tends to be short. emo

who is that in the pic? I'm not really a old movie person...  

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 pm
ymPsiegetanK
Quixotic Faye
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. emo " />

who is that in the pic? I'm not really a old movie person...
Bela Lugosi.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:31 pm
Lestat, hes more true to the classic vampire. Edward is nice, but hes just not what i picture as a true vampire.
:}  

Bruki_Cuki0117

loIitoads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:58 am
I'm not sure what you'd call the 'classic' vampire, although I will say that the near-bestial creature in Nosferatu is my favourite representation of the vampire.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:20 am
Lolicat von Doom
I'm not sure what you'd call the 'classic' vampire, although I will say that the near-bestial creature in Nosferatu is my favourite representation of the vampire.

and probably more accurate considering in most cultures vampires are monsters and rarely human looking.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

loIitoads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:25 am
Saint Kimo
Lolicat von Doom

and probably more accurate considering in most cultures vampires are monsters and rarely human looking.

My thoughts exactly, although most people seem to have gone for the modern interpretation though Dracula, Vampyr, etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:23 am
the vampire has changen in the reason centurie from count dracula to,blade 2,30 days of night my favorite vampires,to the new vampires from twiilight hotness

so really their just different in the look but same in the perspective of their likeing off blood...well most vampires dont fall in love like in 30 days of night movie sucked thought

Atheist Guy

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff