Reply The GAIA Complaints Dept
got reported.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JupieStarPower6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:38 am
I absolutely agree. That's totall rediculous. Like others have said, I've seen alot worse then that in the forums. I can't believe that they sent you a warning for that stare
This is why I love this guild. Alot of mature people who all hang out in one spot. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 am
I've been in trouble wth Gaia before for reasons I still don't even know, and they won't tell me STILL. I think there are too many youngins on Gaia now who get offended about absolutely nothing.  

mega_melfina

Anxious Werewolf

10,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hunter 50

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:41 am
I agree with all above - absolutely ridiculous!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:41 pm
Wow, you got warned for that? One time I got a flaming PM from someone telling me that I would be an awful parent and I should never have kids. Now that I think about it, I should have reported that person for flaming. It wasn't just a regular flame, it was rather hateful. I blocked that person and never posted in ED ever again.

'Up yours' really isn't that big of a deal. At least you didn't get banned.  

Asa Gohan

4,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

iggies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:39 pm
The only public forum I will go to are zOMG (cuz I'm hopelessly addicted to the game), bugs and sometimes Q&A. The mentality is frighting. Watching these kids saddens me. I'm glad you weren't banned for that, but its still disturbing.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:15 pm
wow, that sucks confused i've seen worse in the forums. what you said is like elementary school crap compared to what i've seen. booo to the person that reported you scream  

bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:32 am
Some of these kids are just using the report button because they don't know how to deal with the issue themselves. It's a lot easier to report someone than it is to talk it out or just try to not let them get to you. The "report" button is also easier to find than the "ignore" option, oddly enough {at least in some parts of the site}.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:24 am
I agree with what a lot of people here have said. I was once warned for reporting someone for harassment. She intentionally started a debate in my discussion thread. So, I moved the thread, posted that I didn't want to debate and she posted an argumentative comment anyway and made mention that I had ignored her and moved the topic. The mod happened to be on her friends list. How awesome. confused

Some mods need to take a step back and remember that they need to be oblivious to friendships and do their job.

Just let it go and move on. Or, make a new account and go about buisness as normal and pretend it didn't happen.  

II Marie Antoinette II

Zander_Rose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:36 am
that sucks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:17 pm
It just goes to show that the forums in which these obscenities occur are poorly moderated, the youth who post are just selfish brats who think cussing someone else out-or trying to-will make them look good, and that serious answers by people like you and me are a threat to the site. It is like Gaia wants to be a sex filled, swearing and disrespectful place. People like us in this guild who are mature and well intentioned are the ones who are hurt the most cause we are honest.

That's what I believe anyways. I would assume that back in 2003, this sort of thing never existed. I joined in 2007, and I saw already how this site would be going downhill because of the garbage.  

Fallicious Flavor

Angeliqe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:13 pm
-Lucid Realities-
It just goes to show that the forums in which these obscenities occur are poorly moderated, the youth who post are just selfish brats who think cussing someone else out-or trying to-will make them look good, and that serious answers by people like you and me are a threat to the site. It is like Gaia wants to be a sex filled, swearing and disrespectful place. People like us in this guild who are mature and well intentioned are the ones who are hurt the most cause we are honest.

That's what I believe anyways. I would assume that back in 2003, this sort of thing never existed. I joined in 2007, and I saw already how this site would be going downhill because of the garbage.

I like the last paragraph there...it made me laugh. I didn't chat much back in '04 when I started, but it was totally anime based, and there are SOOOOO many kids on here who freak when anyone mentions anything anime and how it's NOT an anime site. I usually just go *blink blink* and totally boggle irl

and, if they SAID they reported you, most likely they did NOT (click on report yourself and see if it says it was already reported...unless they changed that only one person can report) they were probably just fluffing up their chest to make you think they're awesome, or maybe they needed to pretend that their reproductive organ is bigger than it really is. just think to yourself (because you'd get reported for saying it) "it's ok if you have a small ______, really...you don't have (insert reason here...it works well for people who speed and cut you off, or honk at you for THEM doing wrong, or scream at you in forums for them being morons...I actually SAY it in my car if no one else is there)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 pm
Bouidicca
I've seen a lot worse in the forums besides "up yours." I'm surprised some of the people are still allowed to be on Gaia. There's cursing, sexual talk, posting pics of others and insulting them. Saying what you said is G-Rated compared to the stuff that goes on there.

It's so true! It's annoying. scream  

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:50 pm
Well... just before I took my "temporary leave of absence" from most all of Gaia... needed a mental holiday... I was in a forum and they were *Fing* this and that and one guy was giving sexual comments at the 2 girls that were "yelling" at each other... and not a single person complained or reported them.

Guess it is all in who the person is that is getting it and how they take it...

Sorry it had to happen to you for such a stupid reason.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:11 am
Okay...... that person has a problem not you.  

Tanith_4486

THE wascally wabbit

Romantic Rogue

12,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:26 pm
the forums do seem to be full of immature dopes who also think that they know everything
I was reported not long after I joined gaia in a metal song forum, I listed an Ozzy song and some punk posted that Ozzy wasn't metal. I posted back that he was indeed metal and that if it weren't for Ozzy, Sabbath and a few others there would be no Slipknot or anyone else like them
no swearing or anything like that, an hour later a mod pm'd me saying I was being rude and offensive lmao rofl  
The GAIA Complaints Dept

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff