Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Animal Lovers Guild
Help Oasis Sanctuary win donation money by voting!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you help and vote?
  yes ^_^
  no D:<
  maybe... >.>
View Results

Edgar A Poeness

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:09 pm
Would you like to help Oasis Sanctuary continue its good work in giving sick and ownerless parrots and other animals a home? Would you like to vote for them so that they can get donation money?
Yes?
Then please vote for "Oasis Sanctuary" in the animal rescue site's 2009 Shelter Challenge!!
This is very much so like the "Webware 200" voting for Gaia, except it is for bird and animal shelter!

How to do it:

Enter Shelter Name: Oasis Sanctuary
State: AZ
Click on Search ..: (The Oasis Sanctuary in Benson AZ will come up - that's us!)
Click on Vote
Enter the animal that you see
Click on Confirm Vote

You can vote once a day, every day through July 26.

The website (off GAIA wesbite... its on theanimalrescuesite.com) is:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3&link=ctg_ars_shelterchallenge_from_freewaystohelp_sidetabs

About Oasis:

The Oasis Sanctuary is a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt lifecare facility for Exotic Captive Birds, primarily Parrots. The Oasis works with Avian Rescue groups and adoption programs throughout the United States to find homes for placeable birds.
We accept birds who cannot be rehomed due to age, temperment or infirmity, or if the bird's caretaker has passed away or is going into nursing home or hospice.
Upon occasion we do take in rescue animals, particularly CATS and DOGS who are found in the desert near our facility, or are on the "e" lists at local Arizona shelters. We rehabilitate and rehome these animals.

For more info and pictures of the lovely place visit:
http://www.the-oasis.org

If this is not an appropiate post for the guild, I will delete.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:39 pm
This is really important because parrots live just as long as humans (often longer!) and there aren't many options for parrots after their owner dies.
This organization provides a sanctuary for over 500 birds as well as donkies,horses, pigs, and other animals.

The youtube videos with Sybil Erden are great and really say so much about the subject, even for me and I've been living with a parrot all of my life (Remy the Yellow Naped Amazon , who my mom likes to call my "older brother... he will outlive her, nonetheless).

Let's post our support in this thread along with interesting notes about parrots! I'll try to find any info that might be lacking

Parrots are often seen as noisy and obnoxious but that is not the case with all of them, and it heavily depends on how they were raised. It is true that some species are louder than others (I'm thinking the high-pitched cockatoos). But, they are like babies in that they scream when they are unhappy or need something. Yes, they talk, but their speech may be limited.... Remy knows when to say hello and goodbye, sing songs, and give kisses. He even says "good bird" (his persuasian) and "Owowowwow" after he does something bad and gets put in his cage sweatdrop
He's a funny bird.  

Edgar A Poeness

The Animal Lovers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces