Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
How Do You Feel About Bootlegs? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:48 pm
Today I had the opportunity to watch a bootleg DVD of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, a movie that I really want to see. However, I turned down that opportunity because I'm someone who supports the official release of movies as opposed to illegally downloading them or buying bootlegs. And plus, I enjoy the theatre experience.

How do you feel about bootlegs and illegal downloads of movies?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:49 pm
Its retarted. I hope anyone who buys them gets arrested.  

littlekitti41096

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:41 am
It's a question of ethics.
For the most part, people who download bootlegs end up going to the opening release anyway. While I personally am willing to wait a little extra for the release, there are people out there that are weaker on their impulses.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:43 am
Well I guess I'm nutral on the subject. On one hand bootlegs are cheaper than a movie ticket and pervents you from wasting($7.00?) on a movie you think is a piece of crap but on the other hand (other than being illegal) some bootlegs can be of very bad quality or being mislabelled.  

angel of the knights

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:15 am
Rei Uchikino
Today I had the opportunity to watch a bootleg DVD of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, a movie that I really want to see. However, I turned down that opportunity because I'm someone who supports the official release of movies as opposed to illegally downloading them or buying bootlegs. And plus, I enjoy the theatre experience.

If its the bootleg I think it is, you would have been sorely disappointed. Its a copy going around of the unfinished master. Just before it was to be rendered( the final CG touches) it was stolen. The bootleg tho is pretty much the final movie. Now that I have seen whats to come I'm definitely paying the 8 bucks to go see it on the big screen. Although it was funny to see some of the wires and unrendered animations. Personally bootlegs aren't worth it. You get a crappy version of the movie, when you could have used that money to actually go see the movie in all its glory. I've never seen a good bootleg and would never waste my money on one. I love film and have no problem with waiting and paying for a movie I want to see.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:25 am
I prefer going to the theatre. Like you, I enjoy the experience. The only bootlegs I download are foreign films that aren't easy to access through legal means.  

Quixotic Faye

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:28 am
Saint Kimo
Rei Uchikino

If its the bootleg I think it is, you would have been sorely disappointed. Its a copy going around of the unfinished master. Just before it was to be rendered( the final CG touches) it was stolen. The bootleg tho is pretty much the final movie. Now that I have seen whats to come I'm definitely paying the 8 bucks to go see it on the big screen. Although it was funny to see some of the wires and unrendered animations. Personally bootlegs aren't worth it. You get a crappy version of the movie, when you could have used that money to actually go see the movie in all its glory. I've never seen a good bootleg and would never waste my money on one. I love film and have no problem with waiting and paying for a movie I want to see.

I heard bootlegs were of poor quality. I've never seen one, though, so I wouldn't know. Another reason why I'd much rather see the movie in the theatres.
Perhaps that's, as [Hollow Point] mentioned, why a lot of people buy bootlegs and go see the opening release anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:44 pm
I have to agree with the above posters; bootlegs are ridiculous. More than often, you find copies that are incomplete, or early cuts of the film. Watching a bootleg is not the same as watching the actual completed film in theatres or on DVD.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

kisaruuzamaki_lv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:01 am
well, bootleg, i go see the movie in theaters then if i want the movie because i liked it that much i will try to watch it on the internet. i am neutral on the subject because some bootlegs are bloody horrible.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Also, the people buying the movie should get arrested. At that point just about anyone can get arrest if they think it's bootleg. Truly, you can't arrest someone to buying the movie, if they made the movie it would be more reasonable.  

kisaruuzamaki_lv

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:21 pm
actually for most of the bootleg are not always shitty quality for ex. When 300 was barely released 1wk later i was down in reynosa aka mexico and their wher copies of 300 and i asked. the man who was selling it to show me it and he put in and i watch it for a little while and i was Hd quality. No one getting up going to go do something,babies crying, cellphone ringing nothing. it was as if it was just released on dvd. and in some cases i would rather buy it saving me like 17 dollars when it come out on dvd and 7 or how ever much at the theaters. but if it a movie that i would wanna see i would watch it first at the theaters then buy it illegally instead of wasting time away waiting for to load on the computer when i could watch it pass it to my friend and keep the chain going.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:46 pm
Bought 2 bootlegs once; one movie didn't have sound and the other only lasted for 6 viewings. So they can bite my arse! I hardly ever go to the theater cause it's really not worth it, especially when it takes no time for them to come on tv.  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:30 pm
This has been bugging me:
What in the world is your sig from. Why does it look so familiar?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:10 am
@Hollow: It's from the opening credits of Flight of the Conchords. 3nodding  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

CandycaneRockstAr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:25 pm
I dont support bootlegs either. I fell like it takes away from the essence of the movie. After working so hard on a million dollar movie, some punk comes and buys the movie for five bucks on the black market. i find it so wrong!  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff