Tea Partys Across America

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kisaki Kitsune-Hi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:52 pm
Hello!

I'm an American (and happy to be one, I might add) and I attended one of the National Tea Parties yesterday.

It was very enlightning, and it heartened me to see a lot of Americans joined together to help make a better America for our future.

I was wanting to know if anyone here in the GGG attended one, and if so, what did you think of it?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:55 am
I went to a tea party. It was cold, wet, and disappointing. Most of the people that were there didn't seem to know why they were there, and it was mostly a bunch of neo-cons that were all for continuing on the path that Bush started. I was hoping there would be more "pro-liberty" people.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

sunsetsmile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:57 pm
There were LOTS of tea parties here! And yes, it was a mixed crowd, all ages, all political affiliations, and the people who were there knew why they were there. All of our local webgroups have grown quite a bit since then, and there are more rallies planned. I think the more negative coverage the tea parties got, the more people decided to get involved.

I was surprised at the number of Democrats in attendance, since their party is so totally in power. It seems that no one is ready to accept being taxed without having their say.

There is a growing number of bumper stickers, t-shirts, etc., out there, too. People know now that it's not just their circle of friends that is unhappy, but that there are LOTS of people that are downright angry. This won't be the end of non-violent protest by people who love FREEDOM!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:12 am
When the republicans were in power, I wasn't happy either. So just because your voter registration card says one thing doesn't mean you agree with what that party is actually doing at the moment. So it doesn't surprise me at all that there would have been democrats.

Also, in my post I was referring specifically to the one I went to... which wasn't very mixed. It was mostly older republicans that seemed to think they were there to protest Obama specifically rather than taxes and tax related policies.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

sunsetsmile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:26 am
True. I have never been able to register to truly reflect my position as a voter. That's another thing that the tea parties may, hopefully, have an impact on----more emphasis on a multi-party system. We should be able to support what we support, without having other positions that we do not support included in there-----just as we should be able to express our support of a bill without having earmarks tacked onto it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:00 am
I never got to go to a tea party of that sort, seeing as I live in a fairly small town, but I would have loved to go to one in the height of protest.  

Patron with a Mission

sunsetsmile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Tea Parties are going again tomorrow! Independence Day!

There are several big ones planned in my area, and lots of us are going, all ages, races, income levels, political parties-----check one out where you are!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:32 pm
My husband is going to the one tomorrow, I'm not sure I'm going to be up to it, my sleep schedule has been out of whack since I got pregnant.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:42 pm
I didn't know there were going to be more tea parties today.  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games