Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Movies hitting On DEMAND before theaters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:28 pm
I noticed a lot of movies are going straight to On DEMAND months before hitting the theaters. A good one I recently saw is called Mutant Chronicles. It's a new sci-fi flick that was airing on On DEMAND. It is pretty good. The special effects aren't the best in the world but they are still decent. The movie takes place in a future Earth divided into a war of 4 powers until an ancient alien device is uncovered and mutants are brought forth upon the world. I rate it a 4/5 in story line 3/5 in effects and a 4.5/5 in acting. For those of you who don't care for the gorier types of movies please do not watch this, but for those of you who do... you'll love it! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:10 pm
Hmm I'm going to have to see that. I actually have a board game that's called Mutant Chronicles I wonder if there's any connection. Plus a movie like this doesn't sound like it'd go to theaters just straight to DVD. Did you have to pay for this one?  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:20 am
unfortunately but not too much it was like 5 bucks more then a regular movie and it says that its going to theaters soon but yea the $10 bucks was worth it in my opinion XD not so much in my mom's when a guy got his head cut off (not a main char or big scene in the movie just an event that happens in the beginning... no real significance) if u do watch it do it in the dark wink most of the scenes just look terrible during day crying plus u'd get a bit more freaked when the mutants attacked biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:25 pm
actually if i remember mutant chronicles has been out for a long a** time
i remember seeing a while back. to me it was a waste of time but it was alright in some ways  

xTx Monty xTx

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:36 pm
... Why would you pay 5 dollars extra to see a film over the net that will soon be in theaters?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:23 pm
and u question my intelligence post after post.... its to actually see ahead of time if the movie is any good because some theaters have really expensive tickets and it actually does save u money instead of taking the entire family or multiple friends to go see it when it comes out when said friends and family can all watch it for $10 once and see if they like it instead of spending $10 per person for 1 showing and hating it because u didn't get the gist of it  

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:16 pm
I never questioned your intelligence.
I thought I was pretty clear.

Yeah, yeah. I dig that. Since tickets are so expensive you can always do the two ticket switcheroo. Get three people, buy two tickets, two guys go in, one guy goes out with both tickets and using both ticket stubs, get your third guy in. I was only assuming that you would be going with friends who would in turn buy their own tickets to the film.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:09 pm
-.- well sorry that i dont think as underhanded as u blaugh  

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:16 pm
and it actually old they been saying this for a long time
just spoil the ending for most of you guys
they all die except for one and it a solider  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 am
Headhunt2
-.- well sorry that i dont think as underhanded as u blaugh
Note:
I've never actually done this.
I end up feeling guilty. And well, as you said... underhanded. Besides, when I have money I blow it really fast because I can't suppress an impulse to buy my friends things.  

[Hollow Point]

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:48 am
Bottomline is I haven't seen any of these movies you speak of OnDemand. And if there are sneak peeks its not for big movies just movies going straight to DVD. Its a waste of money for a studio to bother with OnDemand. After the movie has hit theaters its likely it'll be OnDemand before its on DVD.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:56 pm
xTx Monty xTx
actually if i remember mutant chronicles has been out for a long a** time
i remember seeing a while back. to me it was a waste of time but it was alright in some ways

its supposed to be revised like i know there was an origanal one now cause i looked it up after u posted that and i think this is supposed to be revised... i might be wrong though.. either way it still is a good movie  

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items