Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
If you were a fairy tale character...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who would you be in the old Fairy tales?
  Cinderella
  Snow White
  The Princess from The Princess and the Pea
  Any of the 3 Billy Goats Gruff
  The Gingerbread Man >.<
  The Little Mermaid
  Hansel
  Gretel
  Other (Please say who)
  Little Red Riding Hood
View Results

AydenCross

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:29 am
Okay guys, here's a random question that I'd sort of like to hear your input on.

If you were in an old fairy tale, (think back to Grimm or Perrault) who would you be and why? Think in terms of what happens to them in context of the story. Like, me for example? I'd totally be Hansel.

Why, you ask? Well, simply because of what happens in the story. (Of course, going by the versions we heard as kids, and not some of the actual dark and grotesque ones the Brothers Grimm told)

As Hansel, it does suck that your family is starving, and your step mom is a HORRIBLE person.

So you're in the forest. BUT, you're crafty and you manage to sneak pebbles and find your way back. This happens twice, until the third time, you and your sister are totally screwed.

Or so you thought. You find a GINGERBREAD HOUSE. How awesome is that? You eat it, until a crazy old lady invites you inside.

She seems nice.

Psyche, she's a crazy old witch. And she wants to eat you. BUT, she wants to fatten you up. So, while your sister is doing all these back-breaking chores, you're totally eating all these delicious sweets and getting fat. All you have to do is hold out a chicken bone instead of a finger because the old witch is nearly blind!

So, she decides to kill you, but.. before she does, your loving sister pushes her in the oven! So it's not even like YOU'VE got her death on your consciousness. You take the dead witch's rubies, and you find your way home. The old man realized that he made a mistake and even kicked out his horrible wife. So now you're rich, well fed, and totally without your terrible step mom.

Happily ever after.

The only real drawback I'd see is that I might have to wear linderhosen.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:29 pm
Oooh, that's a tough one... Hansel's a good one, but you're forgetting one thing: you also end up really really fat.

I might have to go with Sleeping Beauty. I mean, first of all, who wouldn't love to grow up with fairies? Plus those gifts of beauty, music, intelligence... well, depends on the version, but whichever one, they're nice things to have.

As for the whole spinning wheel thing? Ooooh, scary, poke your finger! Next thing you know, your true love is kissing you, and hey, he's a prince too! And he's the one that has to deal with the dragon and crap.

Also, Briar Rose and Aurora are both pretty kickass names.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:08 pm
Beauty and the Beast. Living in a castle, being waited upon hand and foot, wearing all the fine clothes you want, only to fall in love with the castle's owner and have him turn into a handsome prince? Pretty awesome.

I'd probably be one her sisters, though... sweatdrop

Sleeping Beauty though? Not so fun. The old versions have her raped by a king while she sleeps, give birth to his twins while she sleeps, only to wake up and marry him after he's killed his (rightfully) jealous wife.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:20 pm
Yes, but that's why I'm not going by the old versions. wink I mean, I would run screaming if someone told me I were in any of the original ones; they're all pretty miserable, but Beauty and the Beast isn't bad. I'd hate having family that didn't love me, though.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:58 pm
Ooo broad spectrum here. oωo
Where does the line get drawn for this? What is considered old and in the correct genre.
I guess if this is about classics...I might wanna go with little boy blue (blew?). (I always wanted to play trumpet crying )

If there is no bars then I'm definately going to want to take over Christopher Robin's role in Winnie the Pooh. ε=  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:46 am
Puss from "Puss in Boots"...further proving that ALL cats are evil and also that lying, stealing & deception are the keys to success in life.  

Soujii-sama

AydenCross

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:34 am
Hahaha, I wouldn't mind being tubby for awhile as a kid.

This isn't going by the old versions, but you're more than welcome to tell your reason why you wouldn't pick someone because of the old version.

I like hearing about them, they're pretty neat.  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games