I suggest an orb farming thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:43 pm
something that tells people the best place to orb farm at various CL levels.
I know that the quests are good for it, but actual areas where killing animatd as well.

Something like...
[location] = [Low CL level for farming] to [High CL level for farming]
and then keep it up for different monsters, and areas.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:25 pm
A good starting point is Qixter's post in the forum:

Qixter
Hey there, folks,

Just as a quick reference guide so that you can plan your travels through Chapter One, here's a quick guide to the CL levels of each of the areas.

NOTE: The numbers posted below are the actual "overall CL" ranges of the monsters in those zones. There is no barrier to you entering an area that is of a higher CL than yourself. You should just expect more challenge in those areas.

Village Greens : 1.0 - 1.9
Bill's Ranch : 1.8 - 2.6
Deadman's Pass : 2.2 - 2.9
Zen Gardens : 2.8 - 4.0
Bass'ken Lake : 4.2 - 5.0
Old Aqueduct : 5.0 - 6.0
Gold Beach : 6.0 - 7.0
Otami Ruins : 7.0 - 8.0
The Shallow Sea Series : 8.0 +

Many of these areas have special "boss encounter" areas that adjust dynamically to your current overall CL, so you can play them at any time until your CL becomes too high for that zone.

One last note (about loot) : When monsters are "green" or "yellow" to you (your CL or up to a CL above you), then they're at maximum loot drop rate. In other words, you'll get more loot when you defeat monsters that are as tough, or a bit tougher than yourself. When monsters go "blue", they are easy for you to defeat, and so they drop less loot. When monsters are "purple" to you, they drop no loot at all.

lazy bonz

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:32 pm
Nice, I never saw that post. Pretty good. Sad that Buccaneer Boardwalk isn't listed, but, ohh well.

(Basically Buccaneer Boardwalk is good for between Old Aqueduct and Bass'ken Lake)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:53 am
That'll make for a good start.
in that case, if anyone has 8 rings that are 10.0 across the board, I'd like to take a moment for them to find the best CL for the most common animated in each area.
(you know, skip the shroom heads, but include the sand and Goof green fluffs, the two most Lawn gnomes and the Lawn Gnome Courier, and the Pink flamingo for example)
I can do most of it myself (and plan to)
But Otami Ruins, Shallow Sea, and Old Aquaduct I will want someone else to do as I'm not high enough level for the first two, and sort of feel the Gold Beach is easier than the Aquaduct. (it's probably because of the way my rings CL are spread out)

You know, locate Green and Yellow backgrounds for the monster drops.
I'm not sure how common or what is common in the later areas, but probably the following enemies:

Lawn Gnome, Lawn Gnome Courier, Sandtrap Fluff, Pink Flamingo, Goof Greens Fluff, Air Fluff, Garlic, Alarm Skeeter, Laceback Bootsnake, Clutch, OMG, Ghost Lantern, Kokeshi Doll, Taiko Drum, Cherry Fluff, Buzz Saw, Outlaw Pup, Outlaw Wolf, Grass Fluff, Mother Fluff, Anchor Bug, Sand Castle Golem, Waterspout, Sand Fluff. And that's really the common enemeies that I can think of, there are some in the other areas that I haven't conemplated yet though.

Yeah, I'd say a new thread, this is more thinking than anything else.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Azzy Rael

Savage Genius

9,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:44 am
This is just something I noticed, and it works for me, so it may work for others.

When you crew, the animated drops are not based on your level, or your crewleader's level, but the level average. So an extremely high and extremely low (Im talking 7.0 and a 5.6, not 10.0 and 1.0) get the same drops as a single 6.7 in gold beach.

Its just something that worked for me, so if it doesnt work for you, Im sorry.  
"TIZ" This... is... zOMG!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games