Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Who Considers Sci-Fi channel's movies good? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:34 pm
Okay.... so I don't know what other people think besides my friends who hate this channel but does anyone in this guild think that the Sci-Fi channel's movies are any good? and if you do please state which movie and why so if i haven't seen it i know what other people think is good biggrin replies are greatly wanted even if it's a no to movies being good  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:06 pm
Oh man! Haha. This is a good thread.
I remember this cheesy a** zombie/alien/adventure movie where there were robots and giant spiders somewhere in the mix. It wasn't good, per se, but man was it entertaining.  

[Hollow Point]

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:19 am
I like the sci-fi channel. They always play awesome B-list movies. Like when Anaconda came out, Python came out. The Sci-fi channel is like any other network they play good movies and they play bad movies. They have good shows and they have bad shows. It all depends on if you like Sci-Fi or not.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:24 am
The majority of programming on the Sci Fi channel does seem to be bad, but that's because there is a dearth of decent sci fi programming in the West in general. That said, the likes of Battlestar Galactica are brilliant, and the B-movies are always good for a laugh.  

loIitoads

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:44 pm
yea i just mean like some of the movies are terrible to be put up... like the ones with the big foot and the yetis those 2 movies sucked worse then watching marley and me expecting it to be all funny (dont get me wrong it was a good movie)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:33 am
I'm gonna say that the Sci Fi movies are entertaining, though maybe not good. I just got through watching some of Knights of Bloodsteel, which was fun, though not particularly original. Does anybody know why the elves had fangs? I don't think I'll watch it again, even though I missed big chunks of it, including the ending. There was this one point that annoyed me when that girl was dying. Two of the heroes took the time after killing to exchange a few quips, all the while the poor girl is being strangled. In general i guess the Sci-fi channel movies are just plain corny. I'm sorry I can't remember any more specific movies at the moment.  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:41 am
I'd say "Battlestar Galactica" and "Who wants to be a superhero"(i think that was the title) were the two best series on the scifi channel. Still the scifi channel is one of those channels I'll always flip to, to see whats on.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:05 pm
Saint Kimo
I'd say "Battlestar Galactica" and "Who wants to be a superhero"(i think that was the title) were the two best series on the scifi channel. Still the scifi channel is one of those channels I'll always flip to, to see whats on.

seriously? i mean Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis along with Ghost Hunters was way better then those  

Dark Neko God

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:37 pm
Headhunt2
Saint Kimo

seriously? i mean Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis along with Ghost Hunters was way better then those

I like Ghost Hunters, but Stargate should have stayed a movie.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:15 am
Headhunt2
Saint Kimo

Are you actually kidding? Battlestar Galactica manages to balance intensely realistic political and personal storylines, avoids the cliches constructed by Star Trek of space exploration and has better than average special effects. I'm talking, of course, about the 2004 series, not the original.
The Stargate franchise on the other hand falls completely into the trap of creating boring, sequential episodes with no real depth of characterisation and definately no deep political or moralistic implications. The CGI is horrible, the storyline is as entertaining as limp vegetables and the characters are plain awful. I mean, they're basically a D&D group.  

loIitoads

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:58 am
Don't even get me started on Ghost Hunters.
I wish that show would fall into a hole.

It's so ridiculous, obviously fake, and every "pagan" and their mom watches that show like it's a ******** prophecy. It embodies every cliche of a paranormal show imaginable.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:26 pm
What are the cliches of a paranormal investigation show? I mean you really can't do much with the premise. That's hilarious that pagans would idolize that show. I can't say that its fake because most the time the investigations aren't that exciting. They get a view things here and there but usually its just audio. Personally I think the two guys are douchebags. And that kid with the sleeves he ercks the s**t outta me. Ghost Adventure was pretty cool. But also I thought the guy was a tool, except for the part where he mocked the ghost of some girl who slit their wrist in the bath tub. It was so sacrilegous I almost pissed myself.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:34 pm
It's cliche when they take a reading and go "Oh mah gawd. There's definitely a ghost har." or "I felt cold just pass thru meh".
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 am
Saint Kimo
What are the cliches of a paranormal investigation show? I mean you really can't do much with the premise. That's hilarious that pagans would idolize that show. I can't say that its fake because most the time the investigations aren't that exciting. They get a view things here and there but usually its just audio. Personally I think the two guys are douchebags. And that kid with the sleeves he ercks the s**t outta me. Ghost Adventure was pretty cool. But also I thought the guy was a tool, except for the part where he mocked the ghost of some girl who slit their wrist in the bath tub. It was so sacrilegous I almost pissed myself.

What the ********, that's sick! neutral

Ghost investigation shows just perpetuate the idea that all ghost hunters are anti-scientific hacks, having a tv show is the best way of making something look dumb.  

loIitoads

Jadera1700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:38 pm
Sci-Fi originals are hit-and-miss at all costs and should only be watched when drunk or with friends who know how to heckle.

Tin Man was a great mini-series.
Taken
The Lost Room [have to see it still]
Frank Herbert's Dune [the remake is so much better. ^_^]
Kingdom Hospital
Storm of the Century

Stick around for the creepy reality shows [sometimes hit-and-miss] and look for the long mini series' running.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff