Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Tales~! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Tales game?
  Tales of Phantasia
  Tales of Destiny
  Tales of Eternia
  Tales of Symphonia
  Tales of Legenia
  Tales of the Abyss
  Tales of Vesperia
  Other
  Alas, I am a poor deprived soul who has never been blessed with the opportunity to play a Tales game...
  [Shiny shiny gold option]
View Results

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 pm
Many many moons ago, I played Tales of Destiny II. What I didn't realize at the time was that it wasn't Tales of Destiny II; it was Tales of Eternia. Not only was it not a sequel to Tales of Destiny, but there was also another game called Tales of Destiny II floating around Japan, which was a sequel to Tales of Destiny. This here rivals Final Fantasy II IV -level confusion.

Whatever this game was called, I loved it. I actually beat it, which was a rarity for me back then. Quite a long time later, I was given Tales of Legendia. Then, a friend coerced me into playing Symphonia. At that point, I was impossibly anxious to find Abyss and was delighted to receive it too as a gift.

This series comes second only to Final Fantasy for me. It's a lot harder for me to define a favorite, 'cause I love them all for different reasons...

Eternia had the best magic system and far and away the best Aifread, plus, admittedly, a significant nostalgia factor. sweatdrop Symphonia is so epic and so developed, and the first quarter of the game is like Final Fantasy X up to Yunalesca, but then BAM it goes so much further. Abyss has the most incredible battle system and ending and damn, it got me to ship probably the most screwed up pairing in history. Legendia... Well, Legendia was kind of disappointing, but this thread is about how awesome the games are, not the slightly less awesome one. I still love Jay and Grune.

In any case, I'd love to talk about the games with other people who have played them, and I'd love to yell at those who haven't. biggrin

Vuya tian baeya, duinsu emuyaimun supuneku Melnics vunsuudunsu tun? U etu pudiivuevuruya tian imuruya imun... Uti usu kuumudu ifu aedidundi tiaemu Al Bhed, vuoti e ruiti n'esuundi tii pudiimuiomuwan.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:00 pm
Ravenwolf

Vuya tian baeya, duinsu emuyaimun supuneku Melnics vunsuudunsu tun? U etu pudiivuevuruya tian imuruya imun... Uti usu kuumudu ifu aedidundi tiaemu Al Bhed, vuoti e ruiti n'esuundi tii pudiimuiomuwan.

Didn't understand that at all but ok...

I've only played Symphonia and Abyss, and beat them both. I probably went through Symphonia well over 4 times to get everything. I really enjoyed how you could switch up the scenes depending on what you did. Titles were always fun too, loved the different outfits and stat changes.

As far as the story, it was just so complex. The whole game kept saying it would end when Collette got to the Tower of Salvation and then BOOM you went back and forth to Teth'alla and whatnot. Zelos was a real trip. Loved getting rid of him to get Kratos back. Judgement was cool when he did it, just took too long.

Then Abyss, I rofled all the time with Luke and Meiu. Battle system was done really well, and all around fun, didn't like that they got rid of titles, but the Capacity Cores weren't so bad.

I haven't played this one as much so I don't remember everything, but it was pretty neat. Super magics in battle made it worth it. I remember beating the secret boss Proffesor Nibelim I think..... idk. Wouldn't try her on the hardest difficulty though.  

VampireDesh

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:07 am
Uti usu Melnics! heart Uti usu fudiitu Tales of Eternia...

I've only actually beaten Symphonia once so far, but I'm on my second way through right now. I'm going for Zelos this time, because I feel horribly guilty for what I did last time... I didn't know what would happen!

Like I said, the storyline up to the Tower is almost exactly like X up to Zanarkand, ne?

I'm still going through extras in Abyss, but I've gotten sidetracked by Symphonia...  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:35 am
I'm another "Tales" fanatic...I've played most tales games starting from the 1st Tales of Destiny. Very Good but not great, but the first game I've played to have such a unique (at the time) battle system.

Tales of Eternia was the game that made me love this series...I liked everything about it. Plus this introduced us to Titles, Cooking & Recipes, and of course the Wonder Chef. I do wish that some of the other tales games retained the cook-off minigame.

Tales of Symphonia was probably one of the greatest games EVER CREATED! Unbelievable how deep this game was... Just as good if not better than the best final fantasy game you've ever played. - Tales of Symphonia 2 is a piece of crap though, completely mediocre. (ToS2 might be OK if it was an independent game and not a continuation of the original - but this game just shames the absolute brilliance of the original)

Tales of Legendia...meh...completely underwhelming and utterly disappointing, especially since this was the next Tales game released after the Superb Symphonia.

Tales of the Abyss -The best battle system out of all the Tales games I've played. Luke was definitely annoying at first, but another great Tales game with a super deep storyline. The 2nd best game in the series IMO.  

Soujii-sama

VampireDesh

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:58 pm
Ravenwolf

I've only actually beaten Symphonia once so far, but I'm on my second way through right now. I'm going for Zelos this time, because I feel horribly guilty for what I did last time... I didn't know what would happen!

Like I said, the storyline up to the Tower is almost exactly like X up to Zanarkand, ne?

I'm still going through extras in Abyss, but I've gotten sidetracked by Symphonia...

Going for Zelos? What do you mean with that? You never killed him off?

Hehe, I remember my second playthrough, went and got the devil weapons and maxed them out and owned everything XD.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:05 pm
Yaio aenun purueyandu Eternia, vuoti yaio dui muiti kumuiba Melnics, Soujii? crying

I've been trying to get Tales of Destiny for so long... I occasionally check eBay to see if they've got under for under $50, but no luck so far.

I've heard Dawn of a New World's not so good, but I really want to play it anyway... Too bad I don't have a Wii. The only thing I know about it, really, is the very beginning and that there's an extremely flamboyant cat-thing. sweatdrop

I love the Wonder Chef! Alas, that was yet another thing that was disappointing about Legendia. Mimi's cute, but... she's just no Wonder Chef, you know?

I wanted to throttle Luke most of the game! Even after his Important Haircut, he went to the opposite extreme which was just as annoying. Somehow, though, after a while it got kind of endearing, and I loved pretty much every other character (except Natalia).  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:10 pm
I've never actually played a Tales game (wait, that's a lie - I think I was second player in a battle for all of one minute before I died). One of my friends loves them and was always trying to get me to play. I used to sit and watch her, but I've never really thought they were intresting. :/

TVTropes ftw. xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:54 pm
Ravenwolf
Yaio aenun purueyandu Eternia, vuoti yaio dui muiti kumuiba Melnics, Soujii? crying

Melnics usu e pueumu tii tidiemusuruetin.  

Soujii-sama

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:51 pm
ArikaiHart
I've never actually played a Tales game (wait, that's a lie - I think I was second player in a battle for all of one minute before I died). One of my friends loves them and was always trying to get me to play. I used to sit and watch her, but I've never really thought they were intresting. :/

TVTropes ftw. xd

Aw, any idea which one(s)? Remember any character names or looks or anything, even? And yes, I love TVTropes way too much.

Soujii-sama
Ravenwolf

Sorry. sweatdrop I'm trying to become fluent, and I have nobody with whom to practice! Meaning, obviously, that I can't talk to anyone even if I do become fluent, but at least I can feel cool in a really, really nerdy sort of way.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:08 pm
Symphonia, maybe vespia and legendia.  

ArikaiHart

VampireDesh

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:22 pm
Ravenwolf
ArikaiHart

TVTropes ftw. xd

Aw, any idea which one(s)? Remember any character names or looks or anything, even? And yes, I love TVTropes way too much.

Soujii-sama
Ravenwolf

Sorry. sweatdrop I'm trying to become fluent, and I have nobody with whom to practice! Meaning, obviously, that I can't talk to anyone even if I do become fluent, but at least I can feel cool in a really, really nerdy sort of way.

I'm working on Japanese myself, don't know which language that is supposed to be though, ><

Back on Topic, Luke=PHAIL. Jade was probably my fav in that game though. Loved his smart remarks. Kratos from Symphonia is the best.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:36 am
Symphonia will always be my favorite Tales of game!  

MythicalRealism

Romantic Friend

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:22 am
VampireDesh
Ravenwolf

Going for Zelos? What do you mean with that? You never killed him off?

Hehe, I remember my second playthrough, went and got the devil weapons and maxed them out and owned everything XD.

Oops, sorry, never replied. I meant that I want to get Zelos as the highest friendship this time around, 'cause I picked Kratos last time and [yes, accidentally killed him]. So I feel bad about that and want to make it up to him. ^_^

Jade is awesome. heart And Kratos, but that's just a given.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:47 pm
i love the tales gendra
unfortinintley iv only played phantasia and symphonia though i love them
phantasa for the storyline and how it sends you through time and you can meet some of the peoples children and granchildren ( ex. the piano player in the pub ) I like symphonia for the storyline the battle system and traviling bettween slyverant and tetthealla  

gnial13

MythicalRealism

Romantic Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:50 pm
Symphonia's story line was one of the best story lines I've ever witnessed! So dramatic! I love the battle system too!

I didn't really like Dwan of the New World...  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff