Reply Serious Conversations
Question about age & joining the Geezers Guild... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruby2zday

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:05 pm
I'm over 21 (I'm a member of the over 30's Guild), but am curious as to the age range here in the Geezer Guild? And, since this is a public forum, what would be the benefit of joining? This seems to be a friendlier, more intellegent place than the general public GD, so I'm just curious. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:17 pm
I can't say for sure what the exact age range is here, but it is pretty broad. Most geezers I have come across seem to be in their 30s or older {I believe I may have seen someone say they were in their 60s} but there are some in their early 20s.

As for benefits... at least one of the game room threads doesn't count your posts unless you're a member. I don't know about everything else. There aren't many people that post here that aren't members, though.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Ruby2zday

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:49 pm
Thank you! I found a thread with ages & saw a few closer to my age.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:10 am
I'm hoping I can join The Revered Elders after my birthday next year!!  

Venuslady

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:01 pm
I'm 22 and love it here the in guild. I've made quite a few friends here and there are some pretty good discussions going on all the time.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:31 pm
*chuckling a little* I like the 'revered' elders part, but from the looks of ages, I'm REALLY an elder...at 28 my DAUGHTER is older than a lot of members... And I know from experience that many of that age/younger aren't really comfortable around people their parents' ages.

I've seen some of the good discussions, which is why I'm thinking about becoming a member. I'm just trying to make sure that I'm not *too much* of a Geezer (think 'grandmother', not 'old Auntie', LOL) for the crowd
mrgreen  

Ruby2zday

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:47 am
Well - Im just shy of 35 and can only imaging what you 'young'ins' think of MY age! LOL

My daughter is just shy of 16, she got me interested in Gaia... Actually, she wanted to make sure I was ok with this site - which is why I feel confident in my parenting - she was very honest about this, like many things and found myself a 'home' here amongst the adults/parents.

One thing I can definitely tell you, as advice and I dont want you to take this wrong, but take this as someone helping you:

Posting in threads where you need help or advice about a situation, or to discuss a 'what would you do?" moment - please make sure to understand people WILL tell you what they think. About 90% of us here, will be very thoughtful and objective. The other 10% you might run into a few - lets call them - passionate people who will strongly object and make it known. If you can handle it by shoving it aside and not take it literally, you will find a home here too.

For me, Ive been a Gaian for about 4 years. I pretty much spend time with my daughter on here thanks to having four computers at home. We will connect up with people/friends/family, chat, play a game, but my personal agenda is to keep my daughter safe. Im thankful I have only had to report one person so far who we found out later was a grown man interested in things of an over 18 perspective, but, thanks to Gaia's management and the authorities, he hasnt been around for at least 3 years. So, yeah, Im pretty impressed with this site!

Well, time to get breakfast - get dressed and get to work. Welcome and consider joining us... stop by, chat, post, blog, be at one with Gaia! LOL

Melanie from New Hampshire  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:30 am
Being 27 (Wait am I 27? I, 2, 3, 4....25, 26, 27! Yup, 27!), I really enjoy the conversations that take place here. When I log in, I pretty much check daily chance, check my store, check my comments, and just hang out in this guild till whenever.The atmosphere is awesome. You should just join already, I mean you can always quit for whatever reason.  

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

Ruby2zday

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:53 pm
QuietStorm XII
Being 27 (Wait am I 27? I, 2, 3, 4....25, 26, 27! Yup, 27!), I really enjoy the conversations that take place here. When I log in, I pretty much check daily chance, check my store, check my comments, and just hang out in this guild till whenever.The atmosphere is awesome. You should just join already, I mean you can always quit for whatever reason.

Pushing the 'join' button as soon as this is posted mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:27 pm
welcome to the... um.... g... I know it started with a g....

What was this place again?

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

iggies

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:45 pm
I'm glad you're joining the insane, uh I mean geezers. I"m in my 30's or 21 with practice. My friends are all in their mid 20's (all but one;s fault I'm on here, the one I helped recruit). This place and a couple guilds are what keeps me here. Others grown (caugh, caugh) up and fun or serious when needed.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:00 pm
im 23 and while i think there are a good amount of 30+ ur olds. There are still a good amount of people in their twenty's. Either way I enjoy the forum and have met amazing people here *including my boyfriend*. So I would say join!!  

Siumbering Princess22

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:26 am
Twenty-seven and still kicking and will do.
I think this is The guild where conversations are most interesting and meaningful. Though I think guild should be private for the matters people discuss here.
I love it here. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:55 pm
Meow, I barely turned 21, gonna turn 22 in three months or so [August 20th]. I love it here in this guild because older and more experienced people can help the younger ones in life, and it's nice to be able to talk to them cause my friends are ALL younger than me. sweatdrop

In any case, I agree...topics here should be locked down to outsiders because of the sensitive information that some, such as myself, post on here, and yes, "if you don't want people to see, don't post," but how else are you to ask for advice?

By the way, Ruby2zday, welcome to the guild ^.^  

Patron with a Mission

Corbin Noir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:12 am
I'm 42, and it seems like the majority of people who post in this guild are in their twenties, which I find disappointing. sweatdrop  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff