Reply Music Room
I Am Ghost @ Mac's Bar, Lansing - 05/17/09

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exor Omega

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:45 pm
It was in a bar, man. A bar. Not the big arena venue like the ones they've been doing all year. This was a bar. The stage was one step up and maybe 8x10ft. They were right friggin there LOL

Alright, I'll start at the beginning...

Got off of work at 4. The show starts at 6. In Lansing. 2 hours away. I had Jeremy meet me at work so we could hit 69 over to Lansing. We got outta here and rocked on over to Lansing and found out that we needed cash to get in. Thanks to the failure of my credit card, I got the money by opening a tab at the bar. Yay me! We got in, just at 6... And found out that I Am Ghost wouldn't be playing until a little after 8. FAIL. But oh well, time to write songs and work out a band name of our own.

Some locals played the opening acts, the first two were alright, but the other one wasn't so cool. Break the Day had a hardcore sound and was a band that started yound. I'd give them a B overall (and I'm hard to impress). Burn the Ships had a heavy sound (an awesome sound) with some lighter toned vox. I met the drummer's mom (who says nobody gives love to the drummer?) and that kid rocked, man. They're on MySpace with their song Eyes Sewn Shut. The last band... Well, I don't think too much about them. Too loud. I don't like synth vox from a mic.

But then... Yes, then there was some I Am Ghost.

I quit bein the wallflower and got into the thick of it, inches away from my favorite band. We moshed, we danced, we sang and we were all into it. I took some pictures with my crappy phone and some so-so videos with it. Jeremy, thank you, sir, took some awesome pics and we even did some publicity shots razz At the end of the night when IAG was packing up, we got our ganked posters signed by the entire band and Jeremy and I hung around to get our picture with the band. We also learned about a company called Loser Heroes that had given them some of their awesome stuff while we were just hanging around talking to them. Yeah, that's right. Me and Jermany were chilling with I Am Ghost. Hell yeah!

We cashed out, made our way home, and had some hot dogs and hamburgers from the Speedway in Almont for $2. Went back, got my car from work, went home, hated on my computer for not taking the pictures onto it, and passed out.

Awesome. Day.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:22 pm
Looks like I missed out on some fun! ... So where's the pics? wink  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Music Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items